One

God(s) [On Hiatus]

The world below me was still in a deep sleep as I watched over them peacefully.

Jungkook stood beside me on the balcony and smiled softly at me. His dark eyes looked through mine in concern.

“Let’s get the human day started, shall we?” He asked.

TOP appeared right beside us with a smile on his face, “allow me kids.”

We watched in wonder as he waved his hand in one swift motion.

Below us the moon and stars had disappeared and was replaced by the sun. The sky was a bright blue with fluffy white clouds drifting slowly.

“Son, do you mind?” He asked Jungkook.

“Right! Sorry!” He replied in an embarrassed tone.

He blushed a bit before he snapped his fingers. We watched in awe as the humans started their new day.

“V, I think a nice summer breeze would be nice for them today.” TOP stated.

I nodded to him before I gently blew the air. A gentle breeze swept through the air as the birds glided along it.

“Good job kids. V, your parents want to see you when you get a chance.” TOP said as he walked off.

A sigh escaped my lips as I watched the humans get into their strange looking vehicles.

“I’ll walk with you, V.” Jungkook said as he linked our arms together.

 

 

We walked in silence to the throne room and entered it. My parents sat on their thrones looking at me happily. Yongguk and Himchan stood next to them talking happily to each other.

“There you two are. Are the humans starting their day yet?” My father asked curiously.

“Yes. We’ve completed our task. The humans are up and starting their day.” I said in a monotone voice.

“Good. Now we can get down to business.” My mother said calmly.

“V, as you know you’re being sent to Earth to protect a human. There is unrest in the human world. False Gods are rising up to take over the world. The world is no longer in balance like it once was. Your mission is to make the humans believe in us again. Show them that we truly exist and we are always watching over them without exposing yourself to them. Right now your human charge is the only one that still believes in us. This will be your greatest challenge yet but you won’t be able to do it alone. We are going to send Jungkook and Jun with you to help.” My father commanded.

“Speaking of Jun, where is that son of ours?” Himchan questioned as he looked to Yongguk.

Just then a lanky boy with skin as white as snow, hair as dark as mud, and lips as red as strawberries came bolting into the room through the double doors. His black eyes were wide and he bent over trying to catch his breath.

“Where’s the fire son?” Yongguk asked as he patted the guy on his shoulder.

The guy looked up to find all of our eyes on him. He chuckled a little before he nervously bit his lower lip.

“Sorry dad. I forgot I was supposed to come here today. Please forgive me.” He said as he batted his eyelashes sweetly.

“What a cunning son we have here.” Himchan chuckled.

“He acts more and more like you every day, Channie.” Yongguk teased.

Himchan pouted, “I’m not cunning at all Gukkie.”

Yongguk and the rest of us started laughing at him.

My father was the one who spoke up next, “glad you could join us Jun. please try to be on time next time though.”

Jun politely bowed to my father before he turned to look at me.

“Hey V. You ready for our mission?” He asked.

“I guess so.” I shrugged.

“You three may go now. We will be in touch soon to check on your progress. Remember, no one must know who you three really are. It could cause a panic among the humans and we do not want that. Be safe now boys.” My mom said sweetly.

I turned around and started to walk off until I was brought into someone’s warm embrace.

I looked up to stare into my father’s eyes.

“Be safe, my son. I love you.” He said softly as he ruffled my hair.

“I will. Try not to blow up another planet while I’m gone.” I chuckled.

My dad puffed out his cheeks before he spoke, “that was an accident son, and the humans never considered Pluto to be a planet. It’s not my fault that Pluto wouldn’t move when I asked it to. Such a stubborn planet it was.”

I laughed at my dad, “you would be stubborn too if you were the smallest planet and had to compete against the cocky Jupiter.”

“Jupiter certainly is the jock of the planets. Perhaps I should pay it a visit while you’re gone and see if we can reach a mutual agreement.” My father pondered.

“Daehyunnie, let’s discuss business after our son has left for his mission.” My mother said as he gently grabbed hold of my father’s arm.

“Right. Well goodbye V. Jungkook and Jun as well. We’ll send Rasa and King later on to help you three out as well.” Dad said as he nodded to us.

Jungkook and I turned to look at Jun whose face was a light shade of pink.

It was no secret to us that Jun was in love with Rasa. Everyone knew that he was in love with him except for Rasa himself.

All three of us excused ourselves from the throne room and headed off to the gardens behind the palace.

 

 

The gardens had every type of plant known to man. The garden always smelled sweet and it was my favorite place to visit when I wanted to think.

“So Jun, have you confessed to Rasa yet?” Jungkook asked as he sat down on the white marble bench beside the Weeping Willow tree.

“No. I make a complete fool of myself whenever I’m around him. I can’t speak when I’m near him.” Jun frowned as he looked down at the ground.

“Coming from the master of smooth-talking this must be hard for you. You must really be in love with him then.” Jungkook replied.

“Kook, don’t . Your love life isn’t any better.” I muttered as I leaned against the tree.

“I’m not teasing him, and thanks for bringing up my love life, jerk.” Kook grumbled.

Jun plopped down on the bench beside Kook and started chuckling at him.

“Is King still playing hard to get with you?” Jun questioned as he placed his hands behind his head and crossed his legs.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Kook mumbled.

“Don’t want to talk about what?” A voice from behind us asked.

I turned my head to see Rasa walking towards us. He had his hands shoved deep in his pockets. His platinum blonde hair was slightly wavy in the front and bounced with each small step he took. He had large doe like eyes that were the deepest shade of brown, and his pouty lips were a light pink color. He wore diamond earrings that were in the shape of stars. A silver sun shaped necklace hung low around his neck and he wore an amused smile on his face.

“Where’s King?” I asked as I looked around.

“On his way. I left him flirting with some nymphs.” Rasa chuckled as he shook his head.

“Was that really a good idea to just leave him with one of those things, Rasa?” Kook asked in an annoyed voice.

“Relax. They are harmless. If you’re worried about him then you can go check on him.” Rasa replied calmly.

Jungkook turned a light shade of red and spoke quietly, “I’m not worried about him.”

“Your face would say otherwise.” Rasa teased lightly.

Rasa turned to look at Jun and smiled at him. Jun glared at him before he quickly turned his gaze away. The small blush that formed on his face didn’t go unnoticed.

Just then a bronze skinned guy with spiky blonde hair that was brown at the roots appeared. He his thick pink lips and winked at us. I just rolled my eyes at him.

I could hear Kook scoff beside me.

“Hey guys.” King said as he approached us.

Jungkook glared at him before he grabbed hold of King’s head and rubbed his thumb along his cheek.

“Is that a kiss from a nymph on your cheek?!” Jungkook shrieked.

King just shrugged and rubbed his cheek, “huh. I guess it is.”

“You stupid jerk!” Jungkook shouted at King before he angrily stormed off.

King looked at us in shock.

“What did I do?” He asked still in a shocked state.

“Sorry man. Can’t help you with this one. Just go after him.” Rasa said as he patted King’s back.

King mumbled something before he took off running after Jungkook.

“So Jun, this is your first mission, right?” Rasa asked sweetly as he looked at Jun.

“Yeah.” Jun replied coldly.

“Are you looking forward to it then?” Rasa asked.

“Yeah.” Jun mumbled.

“Okay.” Rasa said in a confused tone.

“I’m going to check on the other two.” Jun stated as he walked off.

“Jun hates me, doesn’t he?” Rasa frowned.

“No. He definitely doesn’t hate you.” I replied.

“Then why does he always act so cold towards me?” He questioned.

“Just ask him yourself, Rasa. All I know is that he doesn’t hate you.” I breathed out.

“You’re a lot of help, V.” Rasa said sarcastically.

“It’s not my place to meddle in others personal business. Sorry if I came off harshly.” I kindly said.

“No, it’s fine. I know you’re just under a lot of pressure right now. Just don’t forget that you have friends here that will always help you. All you need to do is ask.” Rasa said as he threw his arm over my shoulder.

“Thanks Rasa.” I said as I flashed him a quick smile.

“Anytime. Now let’s gather up the rest of the guys so we can head out on our mission.” He said.

I just nodded in response.

Could humanity ever find a way to truly believe in us again?


A/N: First chapter is up now. Bit of a sneak peek on what is to come. This will be the final story in the Guardian Angel series. Comments and subscribers are very welcome here. Thanks so much for all of the support. Thanks! ^_^