Part 2

So she likes you a lot

This is the rest of it. Hope, you'll like it. 

_____________

 

So there he stood, almost trembling inside, waiting for his noona to show up. He himself came here in advance, about an hour and a half earlier.

After a while she appeared, just black jeans and hoodie, she didn’t dress up for this so-called false ‘date’.

They walked in silence at first. Then, right at the moment when she was about to explain him everything, Junhong began to talk. And with every step it seemed he talked more and more. His nervousness went from silence phase to the non-stop jabbering.

He talked about his childhood, about school, about his friends and family. He told her how he hated beans and how he liked to eat Nesquik in powder without milk, though his mother would always scold him for this. How he fall from a tree when he was a kid and how funny it might have looked, but it hurt. Only a little! How a sparrow flew in his flat and they noticed it only in the evening. How he sent a stupid message to his mom’s co-worker, when he thought it was his friend Jongup.

He talked and talked, and it seemed there was no end of his memories. But then he suddenly stopped talking and stopped walking. “Do you really like me back?” He asked. He just couldn’t believe it. And the idea to ask it came to his mind only now. Why he was telling her all of this, he thought. He’s the one who should ask her questions to know about her more. But did she even like him? It seemed some thoughts were bothering her, judging by how she was biting her lip.

She stopped too. “Sorry.” She looked up at him. “It’s not my fault. It’s Hyoeun who started this, I didn’t know what was on her mind and why she had done it. Sorry. Don’t be angry please. Let’s just walk.” She noticed how Junhong’s face turned dull; there was no sign of that happy smile he was beaming with all day. ”If you want”, she added timidly.

Of course, why would a girl who was older be interested in him all of a sudden? How could he think of it? Why he believed this? It’s like everything turned grey now, the street, cars, trees, her peachy hoodie, her pale pink lipstick.

Still, he wanted to spend as much time as possible with her, so he agreed.

They walked a little, in silence again. Seohee felt guilty. Why didn’t she tell him at school that it was a misunderstanding? And why didn’t she offer to end this stupid ‘date’?

Another few minutes past and she spoke. “Should we get an ice-cream… maybe? There’s a small shop over there”, she pointed at the bright orange door.

“Huh?” Junhong came to himself “Oh, sorry, I have to get us something to eat a while ago. I’m terrible, sorry.”

“It’s ok.” 

She looked at him. That kid was simply adorable being confused. Seohee couldn’t contain a smile. Junhong’s lips curved upwards too. “Let’s have ice-cream”, he said and they head to the shop.

They bought two cons of ice-cream and were sitting on a bench now. Such a pity that this is their first and last ‘date’. Everything’s ruined now. He won’t be able to stand at his usual place and watch her. It’d be better if it hadn’t happened at all. He would just spend breaks in the hall and everything would be like it used to be: he’s smiling watching her smiling.

“It’s sad, you don’t like me like that, but… we could become friends, you know. I know you don’t want such a kid as a friend. But we could sometimes walk and eat ice-cream. Sometimes… Please?” He looked down on his sneakers in embarrassment..  

“How could I say no to someone nice like you?”

A huge grin appeared all over his face.

“But don’t hope for more, ok?”

Junhong crossed two fingers behind his back. “Ok” he said and couldn’t help but gave her a mischievous glance.

 

“Come here”, she told him as he didn’t know whether he should come and say hi to her while she was with her friends in school or no. She moved her bag and cleared some space for him.

So that’s how Junhong ended his admiration from afar, he was close now. They would sit and talk, Junhong only listened to them, not saying a word, as he felt uncomfortable at the beginning. But then he joined them in their conversation, and found more confidence in him.

“Seohee?” Hyoeun shook her shoulder. “Do you hear me?”

“Ah?” she returned from her dreamy state. “Uh… yeah, what did you say?”

“I said you stare at Junhong too much” she giggled.

“What? Noooo.” She drawled the word and laughed. She didn’t even realize at first that she felt hot and her cheeks turned pink. Glad Junhong was sitting on the floor, right in front of her so he didn’t notice anything. Only her fingers stopped drawing circles on his back. Junhong tried to suppress a smile, but failed. Maybe noona really likes him, he thought. Or what if she’s just realized it now, right at this moment?

With this new formed hope he went home. He with Seohee will meet later today. As they promised, they saw each other around once a week chatting while roaming along the streets. So now he just walked home in a flickering shadow of branchy trees, inhaling the warm air of May.

 

“So the pokemon was on top of the high bookshelf, and I stepped on one shelf with my foot, then I waited a little, just to make sure, then I put another foot. And just as I grabbed the leg of that toy all constriction felt down! With me of course, since they were supported by the bottom shelf.”

Seohee laughed. “I can’t believe you thought it was solid enough not to fall under your weight. What are you, a feather?”

“I didn’t know!” he exclaimed laughing too.

“Poor your parents, you’re such a trouble. It’s like I know your whole childhood. It’s interesting to listen.”

“But I barely know about you! Tell me more about yourself. Hm... What do you like, for example?”

“Hm..” she thought for a few seconds. “I don’t know, actually”, Seohee shrugged her shoulders. “Right now - this”, she lifted her cone of blackberry ice-cream up to her face.

“Then I need to taste it.” Junhong said and was very fast to take a bite of it. He made a funny face and pull out his tongue. “Meh, it’s so sore, how do you eat it?”

“That’s why I like it. So such a thief like you won’t steal it.” She pulled on a pouty expression and pretended to be really upset, “You spoiled my perfect cone!”

“Do you want to spoil mine then? Though it’s not a perfect circle”, he turned his portion in his hands observing it with curiosity.

She looked at it, “Nah. I’m fine with mine”.

Seemed his plan got wrong. He let out a heavy sigh and looked her in the eyes like if he was trying to find an answer there.

“Junhong?”

… 

“Junhong, is everything ok?” 

“Yeah…”, he began. “But I always hoped we would kiss one day, or there would be indirect kiss when we ate an ice-cream... Sorry, I'm talking stupid things.” But he continued, only faster, not daring to look Seohee in the eyes. “Because this is what I think, and when you told me not to hope for me I crossed my fingers back then cause… I don't know why but I trust you I feel comfortable around you I really like you a lot don't laugh please” he blurted out in one phrase with his eyes closed tight.

There was a silence for a moment or two. Seemed like everything stopped. Even his breath. And then he felt his lips… being kissed? So his ranting was stopped like this? He definitely didn’t mind.

He smiled in the kiss as he parted his lips taking over a little. Junhong placed his palms on the surface of the bench to make himself more comfortable and moved closer to the Seohee while they still were kissing.

As they parted a few seconds of silence passed, then…

“Noona?”

“What?”

“Another one?” he playfully puckered his lips together and closed his eyes.

She let out a giggle at his expression. “No. It’ll be a lesson for you, liar!” She slightly punched him in the arm. “Crossed fingers you say?!” She quickly stood up and run away, looking back at him, her eyes sparkled with joy.

“Noona?”

Seohee stood meters away from him, ready to run more.

“Noona!” He yelled “come back!”

 “You have to catch me! Meh!” she stuck her tongue out.

Junhong bowed his head, smiled with the corner of his lips at his noona, looked at her then and rushed off the bench. “Aaa” there were squeals and laughter as they kept fooling around.

 

 

“So kid, how are you doing?” Hyoeun went to him while Soehee stood away.

Junhong greeted her, he was glad to see his noona’s friend.

“You owe me now. I told ya I’d help you with Seohee. Pff, she is so stubborn sometimes.”

“Who called me?” Soehee heard them and came closer. “What are you doing here?” she asked watching them suspiciously. “You two are up to something? I know you both like doing things behind my back.”

“Nononono. We were simply standing here.” They assured her.

“Wait. WHEN did I do anything behind you back?” Hyoeun pretended offended.

“Really?!” Seohee let out a laugh, like it wasn’t true.

Meanwhile, while the girls were arguing about whether Hyoeun had ever done something in secret or not, Junhong stepped to Seohee’s back and hugged her from behind. Seohee placed her hands over his; she felt so good and happy in moments like this. 

“Thank you”, Junhong mouthed to her friend. He then pecked Seohee on her lips as she lifted her head.  

 

 

_________________

 

The end. So how do you like it? :) I want to adopt this kid, he's unbearably cute it hurts ;_; Ok, nevermind.