Part 1

So she likes you a lot

Sorry for such a long wait. I'm really busy these days. But I've decided to publish this anyway. This is one short part, and the next will be in few days. Or maybe today, if I'm fast enough to edit it before going to classes.

Enjoy. :)

_______________

 

It's been already a year since I knew her. Seohee noona is so pretty. And when she smiles, I just hope she will turn her head towards my direction, so I can see her sparkling eyes.

I like how she shakes her head when she reads something on her phone. Like she doesn’t agree with it. Or when she raises her head up to see what's going on. She sometimes looks so out of space doing this, and I begin questioning myself who's younger here, haha.

It's been a half year already since I started watching her. Almost every day I stay here, in the hall, near the door to the math class, and watch as she sits there on the bench, reading something or talking with her friends. She doesn't notice me, I'm sure. But sometimes, when she looks around our gazes meet and I couldn't help but look at her not able to move my stare away.

She's two years older than me. I know I have no chance. Why do I even like her that much? I could like someone my age or younger. But there's no one around who makes me smile just thinking about that person. And Seohee noona does.

 

The boy stood there, spying on his noona, who doesn't even know him as he thought. And the girl were sitting with her friend and talking about something.

"I think it's cool they did a so-called remix of that song," her friend Hyoeun said.

"Yeah, I also think so. Too bad we don't have a studio version and there's just a live fancam", Seohee answered.

"Maybe one day, they'll record it."

There was a silence for a minute. Then Hyoeun spoke. "Look, this boy's here again", she said in a mocking tone.

"So what? Maybe he just likes this place."

"Or maybe he likes this someone" Hyoeun pointed at her friend.

"Oh, come on", she turned her head away.

"But look how tall he is. And he's kinda… good-looking."

"So what do you suggest? To go and kiss him because he's tall?" he let out a laugh.

Her friend laughed in response.

"Besides, he's younger than me, and… and he's just standing there. Why are we talking about him all of a sudden?" her voice raised.

"Ok, ok. I’ll stop.”

A few seconds passed and then Hyoeun spoke again. "But it's been a few month he's spying on you."

Seohee turned towards Junhong. The boy didn’t even bother to turn his head away. He tried not to grin too much, though.

"Can you please stop talking about him" Seohee said as he faced her friend again.

“Why? You don’t like it? Or you don’t like that I’m talking about him?” she emphasized the ‘I’m’ part. Of course she was exaggerated, but she just liked teasing her friend.  

“No, I don’t care” the girl said nonchalantly. “But it won’t work. I mean you’re trying to get me interested in that boy.”
“No!” Hyoeun exclaimed. But they’d already known the truth. “I actually want him for myself. I don’t care if he’s younger than me, he looks good.”
Seohee rolled her eyes. Her friend again was all into boys. She sometimes couldn’t understand how Hyoeun was always thinking about boys. Not that she’s that light-minded, but it’s just her favorite topic.

 

The next day Seohee and Hyoeun were as usual sitting on the bench in the hall, and Junhong as usual had come to watch his noona. They were peacefully sitting there, sharing headphones, when suddenly Hoyeun stood up.
“Wha- ” Seohee raised her head up. “Where are you going?”

“Wait a little.”

And she strode away.

But as she made few steps, Seohee realized her friend was going to that boy with blonde hair.

“Wait! What are you-” she called her. Then she took another headphone and pretended that nothing had happened and that she wasn’t interested at all. He sat like this for a half a minute. Then she stood up and walked towards her friend and that boy.
What is she doing again, Seohee thought as she watched her friend. “She said something to him, but that boy looks nervous a little. Poor boy. Is she going to embarrass him or what?”

“Hyoeun, what are you doing?” Seohee asked as she came closer.

“I’m here for you. Look, I’m tired of you talking about him, so I decided to help you.” She pulled a serious expression on her face.

“What?” Seohee looked at her bewildered. Seohee looked at blonde haired boy, he seemed didn’t understand a thing either.

“I don’t know what are you talk-” Oh, she thought to herself, so that was her friend’s plan.

 “Why are you not asking his name?” Hyoeun turned to the boy again. ”She’s slow today, what’s your name?”

“J-Junhong”
‘Poor boy, he looks so shy’, Seohee thought .

 “Aha, Junhong,” she repeated. “And this,” she pointed at her friend, “this is Seohee.”

I know, Junhong thought.

Seohee’s friend continued to lie. “She wanted to know you a little bit closer.”

Blond-haired boy eyes got brighter and a small smile appeared on his face.

“So she likes you a lot” Hyoeun continued. “And you? Do you like her back? Cause you know, you two can go on a date-”

“What are you talking about? I didn’t tell you this.”

They don’t usually have fights with each other, but sometimes Hyoeun really overdo some things. This was just the case.

But then she looked at that Junhong boy face, his look was so sad, and she all of a sudden felt pity for this boy. Maybe, he really liked her, as Hoyeun noticed. But that didn’t mean she’s going to be his girlfriend. She just remembered she had a crash on a guy a few years ago. And how it made her day happier when she simply saw him, or when he talked to her or smiled. Then that guy found a girlfriend – the end of the story.

After these thoughts she finally agreed to go out with him. She will tell him about everything there. That it was a misunderstanding, how she didn’t want to explain all these in school hall. Because her friend would get too noisy and nevertheless she would continued to match them.