S-Class Hero

An EXO Fairy Tale

a/n hahahhahahHAHAHAHHhahahahHAHHAHAhaha i'm an assface. it's been months

 

“HEY ROCKY!” Chanyeol’s loud voice calls out to Magma when they find him standing by a new pit that seems to be steaming with hot molten rock rising from beneath. “Did geology take a bad turn on you with its metamorphic properties or were you just born this way?”

 

The rock man barely blinks an eye and continues to quicken the pace of the magma boiling in the chasm that D.O had created in his escape. His arms are outstretched in front of him, palms down and eyes closed. Chanyeol can feel the heat bubbling higher in the magma chamber. He had to slow him down somehow, but volcano boy seems completely immersed in his task.

 

“Hellooooo!!!!” Chanyeol calls again as obnoxiously as he can, “Yo! Your skin looks kind of dry. I got a friend who’s super good with moisturizers and stuff and can totally fix up your sandy complexion.”

 

“Leave, dragon slayer. You will only die a suffocating death with your friends if you choose to stay.” Magma speaks in more of a sigh than a warning.

 

“Are you looking out for me, Rocky? That’s sweet.” Chanyeol smiles. “But I don’t plan on letting anyone suffocate to death because of you.” He fixes his stance and throwing a punch that sends a comet of flame towards the volcano man. But it only blows around him like a windy breeze, completely ineffective.

 

With his eyes still closed and body still, Magma speaks again, “This volcano will now erupt regardless of my help. I only plan on controlling the blast.”

 

“And by controlling you mean destroying an island filled with thousands of people?!” Chanyeol shouts as he runs and flips into the air to land a flaming kick at Magma from above, “Claws of the Flame Dragon!!”

 

He’s harder than a mountain, but Chanyeol managed to hit him hard enough to make his torso crumble. He wonders if he actually hurt the guy before the dust and rock reform and reattach to Magma’s body as if Chanyeol had never hit him. “Leave, Fairy Tail mage. You only provide a nuisance rather than slow down the process of the eruption.”

 

“After you kidnapped and threatened to use my partner for your destructive plans? Try again.” Chanyeol growls before he runs forward again with a flaming fist thrown straight into Magma’s chest.

 

This time, his opponent turns around and catches his punch in his palm, and their hands shake with trembling strength. Magma looks down at Chanyeol’s blazing eyes with his gruesomely hard face. Chanyeol takes the chance to throw a kick from below, but Magma is a fast rock. He catches Chanyeol’s leg in his other hand before letting go of Chanyeol’s fist to use two hands to grab Chanyeol by the ankle to swing him around in the air before slamming him into the ground. “Ugh!” Chanyeol grunts loudly at the impact.

 

Slowly rising again, the dragon slayer rubs his arm across his mouth as if to wipe away any blood that may have spilled. “Immune to fire, and a good fighter. This’ll be more fun than I thought.” He scowls into a one sided smirk as his entire body erupts in flames.

 

“You are also immune to the overwhelming heat of fire.” Magma observes, “It makes me wonder if it will affect you if I do this.” And with a sweep of his arms, a wave of hot magma rises from the reservoir and washes over Chanyeol like a hard waterfall of rocks. It doesn’t harm the Fairy Tail mage, but it does feel like an uncomfortably hot shower mixed with pebbles.

 

Fire bursts from Chanyeol’s body yet again and the molten rock disperses around the chamber, steaming on whatever surfaces they hit. He in as much of the magma hitting him like a powerful sprinkler like and energy drink until it stops, and then he takes a big gulp before his body erupts into even larger and hotter flames. He coughs out several pebbles but he smirks as he punches a fist into his other palm, “Crunchy, but tasty.” He chuckles darkly before going in for another attack.

 

This punch goes straight into Magma’s chest and the rock man is thrown back against a cave wall with a loud grunt. He mutters something about how insufferable dragon slayers are before standing up, but Chanyeol is fast, and he’s already thrown a lash of bright orange flames that cut through Magma’s earthen skin like a knife, “Wing Slash of the Flame Dragon!”

 

“IRRITABLE WIZARD! I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR THIS!” The angry volcano man roars as he literally s his hands into the ground and lifts up a huge slab of rock to throw at Chanyeol. And it’s such a big slab that Chanyeol can’t jump out of the way in time no matter how far he leaps, so he ends up roughly sandwiched between the wall and the slab of ground thrown at him. And before gravity can bring the slab down, another powerful wave of hot magma is shot directly at it, searing and sealing Chanyeol within the molten rock melting over him.

 

Magma leaves the Fairy Tail mage to simmer out of oxygen and die while he returns to the pool of hot molten rock he was concentrating on before Chanyeol had disrupted him. He takes in a deep breath and holds his arms back out over the pit and directs his magic to flow through the moonlight, magma, and himself, exchanging and gaining power.

 

But his mantra is interrupted yet again when a low growl grows louder until it becomes a deafening roar and the molten rock sandwich that had once caged Chanyeol explodes into hot flying debris all over the place. Chanyeol himself is difficult to find although his call is loud, but Magma spots him only just before Chanyeol crashes onto him from above. The dragon slayer punches and rolls and blasts endlessly, but he’s retaliated with equally powerful volcano magic.

 

However, as they move farther and farther from the heart of the volcano, Chanyeol knows he’s doing the right thing. He continues to punch and push his opponent in the direction away from the magma pit and one extremely hot kick to the stomach sends Magma flying up and out of the vent of the volcano. Wasting no time and taking no risks, Chanyeol runs up the side of the vent and jumps off the lip of the crater in time to roundhouse kick Magma down onto the beach in midair.

 

Landing on his feet as Magma struggles up from the sand, Chanyeol punches his fist together in preparation for another attack, “Tail Whip of the Flame Dragon!” he yells as he spins around and a hard tail of red flame travels with his leg as he kicks down hard onto he volcano man.

 

But this time, it’s Magma who explodes with a roar of flaming anger as he rises up again after Chanyeol’s attack, “WRETCHED COCKROACH.” He screams as he s his arms up into the air above his arm, inner wrists touching and palms facing the sky with his eyes. “Molten Geyser!” he yells with a long breath, and the ground suddenly shakes underneath Chanyeol’s feet. Beside them, the volcano finally erupts in an explosive spurt and lava starts spitting pouring down the mouth of the volcano in every direction.

 

Chanyeol isn’t afraid of the heat, but suddenly he sees Tai far behind Magma fighting off several opponents at once and the lava was coming down towards them extremely quickly. “TAI!!” he shouts loudly in his deep, powerful voice, and the Chi blocker turns immediately and notices the danger before she hops in the other direction of the advancing lava. But she still has cohorts holding her down so she has to deal with kicking and punching several of them before running towards the water. But before she can reach the last couple of meters—

 

“Aaaahhh!!!” she screams in pain, collapsing on the sand as a spurt of the lava lands on her left arm and the back of her leg. Her screams are agonizing as the molten rock does much more than burn her skin tissue.

 

“The magic of the full moon has fused into the magma and creates much more harmful effects to humans than simply burning or suffocation.” Magma explains in his menacing, sandy voice as he advances towards Chanyeol again, “Your friend will be dead in a matter of seconds.”

 

“TAI!!!” Chanyeol yells desperately, “THE WATER! GET INTO THE WATER!!”

 

But it seems as if she can’t hear him over her own wails of painful despair. She can’t take it. She’s not a wizard, so she’s probably experiencing twice the pain from the mix of pure heat and months’ worth of moon magic. Her voice is giving out and she’s too far away for Chanyeol to save her, not to mention he has to deal with this rock head in his way. How could anyone dare to even think about doing this to a person? Let alone thousands of people? People on the island had lives, families, friends, a community they built on their own. And Magma wanted to destroy them all in the most painful way to create his own land.

 

Chanyeol doesn’t realize that he’s burning hotter than he ever has until he looks down at his gripped fists glowing in flames of bright yellow. “How dare you try to inflict this kind of pain upon people?!” Chanyeol roars and attacks without waiting for an answer. His hands land powerfully on Magma’s rocky shoulders and the volcanic man sinks to his knees at the impact. Chanyeol’s grip gets tighter as the flames around him get hotter and his angry yells get louder. “DON’T EVER HURT MY FRIENDS.” His voice screeches through the island as the flames burst into a brilliant white around them even the dragon slayer is temporarily blinded.

 

But even if he can’t see, he can definitely feel the softening of the rock man in his hands, and soon, Magma is a molten puddle in the sand; literally a hot mess. “Suho hyung!!” Chanyeol calls desperately, and as expected, the dependable S-Class mage appears before him and slams a current of ocean water onto the melted volcano man until he’s completely cooled and hardened into a misshapen mound of rock.

 

“Hyung! Tai!” Chanyeol cries out desperately, but Suho points him towards the earth mage who has their burnt friend in his arms in the water, frantically trying to bring her back to consciousness.

 

“Go! Help them! I have to stop this.” Suho commands in his natural leader’s voice and runs to dive into the water only to reappear in a powerful swirling geyser lifting him into the air. The S-Class wizard makes sure that Chanyeol is safe in the cool water with their other friends before shooting his right arm forward and his left hand underneath his elbow, both palms facing up, as if to support his internal energy flow. A stream strikes at a falling hot rock as rapidly as Suho s his arms into position. He repeats the action, throwing his arms into the same position on the other side, switching up the energy blocks from each side. He continues swinging his arms back and forth and striking water currents into the volcano until the volcano begins to rumble even louder.

 

Suho in a panicked breath before he swings his arms to one side and directs the powerful water spout that’s carrying him along the beach. A large wave rises and follows his trail as he moves around the perimeter of the island housing the volcano. He cuts a line between his friends who have swum farther out into the ocean from the island and the growing tsunami rises higher as Suho pulls more and more water from the ocean to travel across as much of the island as he possibly can. He grows more frantic as the earth continues shaking harder beneath when he hasn’t even made a quarter of his way around the island yet.

 

But then, he realizes that even at this rapid pace at which the volcano is beginning to implode, it’s being slowed down by none other than D.O who’s somewhere within the island keeping the situation steady for Suho to finish his race around the island with his water wall. D.O is putting himself into great danger, and Suho can’t let his friend down. The water mage looks up and calls out to the bright moon for help. Channeling his inner magic and sending his energy through to the moon bathed ocean waters, they flow up at his mere thoughts and follow him willingly around the island.

 

Faster, he has to travel faster. D.O won’t be able to hold down the fort longer than this, Suho rushes himself. Within seconds, he’s made his way around half of the island. But he needs more speed, stronger ocean rapids, a quaking catalyst to speed up the process. And as if he got the signal before Suho even mentally sent it out, he spots D.O sprinting rapidly up the side of the rumbling volcano, with a strong slab of rock clearing out the lava filled path racing just in front of him. All hot debris flows around the sides of the rock and around D.O and the earth mage is soon at the top of the crater.

 

Kicking the large slab of earth down the crater, D.O leaps from the lip of the crater and sails down with a fist ready and a roar growing in his throat. When he hits the ground with a foot, a knee, and a fist, the impact is substantial and shakes the entire island beneath him. The earthquake ripples through to the edges of the island and sends powerful waves back towards the sea, and builds even more support for the waves Suho is creating around the island. Suddenly, the waves surrounding the volcanic island are taller, bigger, and much more powerful. And Suho’s pace is accelerated in his race around the island.

 

The earth mage sprints and bends the earth in rippling mountains as if using them as skates to close the distance between him and the last of the opening around the island before Suho seals the perimeter around the island. With a last leap, D.O dives into the water and escapes the niched island seconds before Suho completes the round and meets his starting point, creating a water cylinder around the island. Throwing his arms out and clapping up to aim himself and the water up to meet at a center above the crater of the volcano, the tsunami stretches farther up into the air until every inch grows closer and seals at the top of the magnum water dome Suho has created. “WATER VORTEX!” He bellows in his loudest and most powerful voice as he starts spinning like a top and bringing the waves in around him like an inverted whirlpool. And when Suho dives down into the still coughing volcano, the center of the whirlpool follows him and dives into the hot precipice. Water pulls out of the ocean and drenches the entire island in cold salt water.

 

Steam boils from the water touching the lava that’s been halted in its travel down the flank, and it seems as if a big vomiting cough has been choked down as more water streams into the throat of the volcano. But then it seems to implode from the inside and Tai screams at the image of Suho inside rather than the pain from her burns now. “SUHO SUNBAE.” She screeches through her tears.

 

“Sshh.” D.O whispers as he clutches her in his arms and keeps a tight grasp on the wrist of her burned arm to keep in underneath the water.

 

“Hyung!” Chanyeol cries out even louder in his frantic voice and fearful eyes, “Suho hyung!!!”

 

The last several spits of lava dribble out of the crater of the volcano and the rupture finally seems to stop. The waves stop rippling out towards them from the chain reaction of Suho’s magic attack and soon the air is quiet, contrasting greatly with the frantic atmosphere of the Fairy Tail members. Soon, even D.O is shedding several tears as he holds tightly onto the hiccoughing girl in his arms. Chanyeol who’s not one to cry, has his eyes closed and his teeth gritted as his bitter sadness starts heating up the water around them.

 

Desperate calls and last whispers for their S-Class friend are soaked up in the moonlight and the thought of losing a friend is even more painful than any burn caused by some magical lava. But who were they kidding themselves? They wonder as a handsome red face appears from underneath the water with an unmistakable smile and says, “Hey, never cry over me guys. I don’t want anyone feeling any burdens because of me.”

 

“Hyung!” Chanyeol exclaims as he swims over and throws his arms around Suho’s shoulders first, “Hyung! You were amazing! Hyung.” He cries in throaty relief.

 

“Suho!” the other two cry as they reach other to hug the heroic water mage. “Handled like a true Fairy Tail member.” D.O smiles, hiding his tears with the ocean water they’re wading in.

 

“Suho sunbae!” Tai cries painfully as she uses her good arm to hug him tightly. “I’ve never seen anything like you before. You’re the greatest wizard I’ve ever seen.”

 

“Then you must be missing out on a lot, little Tai.” He chuckles as he pulls her away. The unnatural red is finally fading from his face as the water brings his body back to his usual body temperature. “Now let’s see how badly you’ve had to suffer tonight.” He says gently, taking hold of her arm.

 

Tai in a breath between her teeth, expecting for a painful sting when his fingertips touch her charred skin, but surprisingly, Suho has wrapped her arm in a glowing cast of moon-bathed water. If anything, it feels as if she’s being kissed by water nymphs. She watches intently as Suho closes his eyes and whispers, “White Water Magic: Ameliorate.” When the water cast loses its glow and falls off of her skin as it normally would, Tai gasps at her rejuvenated arm. The skin is no longer red and charred, and it feels as good as before, if not better.

 

Suho does the same thing with her leg and the back of her neck, which had also been burned, Tai feels better than new. She hugs Suho tightly and kisses him on the cheek gratefully. They swim back to the island for a rest and a last inspection of the volcano. After D.O confirms that there shouldn’t be any more large scale problems for guild members to solve, the four set back off to their beach house hotel and Tai clutches onto D.O tightly when she falls asleep, unwilling to lose him ever again.

 

 

 

 

They decide to rest for two more days in Jeju before making the trip back home after informing the authorities about their mission and the commotion that had happened the precious night with the crazy tsunami and the erupting volcano. Suho, sharp as expected, leaves out no details in his reports to the officers about the cohorts Magma had and how he had been melted into the ground by Chanyeol, so they don’t know if he would be able to reform and be captured. After the paperwork is settled, the Fairy Tail mages allow themselves a couple more days of relaxation to refuel from battle.

 

“I still can’t get over how awesome Suho sunbae was,” Tai says after gliding through a nice wave on an ice surfboard made by Suho who had clutched her from behind on the wave. The Chi blocker turns around and wraps her arms around his shoulders while the water mage’s arms remain around her waist, “Not only did you help save Dyo oppa, but you practically stopped the entire eruption and saved a huge community of people. Now I see the prestige of an S-Class wizard.” She smiles up at him with twinkling eyes.

 

Suho blushes so much that the ice board beneath their feet melts and they sink back into the water. When they’ve resurfaced and start treading, Tai giggles and Suho laughs along, “I obviously didn’t do it single-handedly. You saw how Chanyeol took out Magma and how Kyungsoo enhanced the water dome. And who can forget you who got everyone tied up and sailing back towards the main island to be arrested by the authorities you contacted?”

 

Even Tai blushes with a bright smile at the compliments of her abilities from the S-Class mage. “Fairy Tail isn’t anything if it’s not about friends and teamwork.” Suho continues, “I’ve only just met you but I’ll miss you a lot.”

 

“Miss me?” Tai repeats confusedly.

 

“Since the entire thing with Magma and his large scale project isn’t completely solved with all answers yet, we can’t just leave and say that it’s been done and over with. He’s been dealing with this project for a long time, so I’m going to stay here and investigate with the Jeju authorities to solve all holes in this case.” He reveals.

 

“But… sunbae.” Tai pouts, her treading movements slowing with her thoughtful sadness, “How long?”

 

“I’m not sure. But S-Class missions are usually long-term, so I’m used to long assignments.” He smiles at Tai genuinely, “Don’t think I’m not coming back, because I can’t leave you now that I know we have such a talented and wonderful girl in our guild.”

 

Tai sighs sadly but accepts Suho’s decision nonetheless. When she, D.O, and Chanyeol finally leave, her hug takes the longest out of all of them. “Send us a letter every now and then.” She reminds.

 

“You got it, princess.” Suho winks.

 

“You know, I’m pretty sure you’re only staying here so you can live in this beach house and enjoy the sun longer.” Chanyeol accuses.

 

Suho chuckles in response, “Who’s to say that’s not one of the perks?”

 

“Bye hyung.” D.O gives him a last hug, “Be safe, and good luck.”

 

“You guys too. Long live Fairy Tail.”