♣ LoveX2254 | review

♣ modern times request shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The 27 Club | LoveX2254

Title (5/5)

The title was short and interesting, not to mention that it related to the plot. I definitely didn't know about the 27 Club until I read the story, and it was a good reference to use.

 

Appearance (4/5)

I liked the poster. It gave off the black-and-white lifestyle of a depressed adult, and there was red to kind of represent blood, which is a source of life. I would've liked seeing Luhan, since he plays a major role in the story, but it's understandable why there would only be Mira in the poster.

 

Description/Foreword (11/15)

The description isn't exactly a description of the story. Although I can come to the conclusion that this story is about someone who wants to commit suicide at a young age, the description doesn't tell me that straight-forwardly. For the description of the story, there should be a synopsis. Instead, the description feels less formal and feels more like it was part of a dialogue.

The foreword confirms my hypothesis that this is a story of a girl who seems to want to die, while the guy is trying to keep her alive. It was an interesting piece that kept me wanting to know how Luhan would keep her alive with the help of whoever he was speaking to. I could relate to the questions being asked in the foreword: Why did she have to live now? Why was it that Luhan mentioned her when he seems to care for her? Why did she need to make it past her 28th birthday?

 

Plot (20/25)

The 27 Club is a story of a suicidal girl, Mira (short for Mirabelle) and her ex-boyfriend, Luhan, who tries to save her from depression. The fanfic also makes a reference to the real 27 Club, which is the name given to a group of musicians who died (through suicide, murder, drug overdose, etc.) at the age of 27. 

To be honest, I haven't read much of a suicidal story, so this was an interesting peace to read. I was able to find clues that showed how depressed Mira was, especially in chapter 6. In chapter 6, you could clearly see that she sees life almost like a black-and-white situation when she describes her surroundings with "creamy white" ceilings or sinking "into the depths of the darkness." However, the story also brings life and color, highlighting the dangers of being a suicidal person as seen when she describes her blood as "scarlet" or when her sense of touch heightens ("the warm trickle of blood").

However, there are some parts which made the plot less interesting. For example, the plot also includes a single girl living with a bunch of guys, not to mention that they were all popular idols. This kind of throws out some of Mira's desire for death, as she decides to surround herself with people who live a better lifestyle than her. From this, she's just hurting herself more, but this can go back to the relation that she wants to feel more pain, as seen when she feels pleasure in cutting herself.

 

Characters (12/15)

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter