Her

Our Beautiful Friendship

"WHAT THE GET ALL OF THIS DOWN!" Key said with tears in his eyes

~

  Jonghyun and Key walked into Key's house covered in pictures of Key's parents and him when he was younger.

Key's parents died in a car accident when he was just 12 years old. The memories of his parents tear him up to pieces. It's been 3 years now and, he had to move into his grandmother's home. He transferred from Daegu to Seoul and, met Jonghyun. 

 

  Key looked at the picture on the counter of his parents hugging Key on Christmas Eve. Key grabbed the picture and, held it tight to his chest. Key began to cry and, wished he was there to say goodbye that night.

 

*Flashback* 

 

"Merry Christmas Umma and Appa!!" 12 year old Key ran into his parent's room with a beautiful smile

"Aigoo is it Christmas already?" Key's umma grabbed her son's young face in her hands

"Umma! Don't tell me you forgot?!" Key pouted at his mother

"Aniyo! I would never forget! Did you already see what Santa brought you?" 

"Aniyo.. I wanted to wait till' you and appa woke up." 

"Aigoo is Appa still asleep?!" Key's umma looked over to her left and saw her husband still fast asleep. "Kibummie go wake up your appa." 

"Arraso Umma!" Key walked over to his dad. "APPAAAAA WAKE UPPP ALREADDDYYY!!!" 

"Huh?" Key's dad's eyes opened but still adjusting to the morning sunlight. 

"YAH wake up already pabo! It's Christmas and our good boy waited till' we woke up to go see his presents!" Key umma shook her husband's arm. 

"Y-yeah go downstairs I'll be there in a minute." 

 

Key and his mother went down stairs. 

 

"WOAH UMMA! LOOK  WHAT SANTA LEFT ME!!" 

"Looks like you were a good boy this year my Kibummie." she says and played with his hair. 

"Which one do I open first umma?" Key starts shaking his presents. He had about 3 under the tree and, all were "from" Santa.  Which was a surprise. He usually only got one from his parents and another one from his grandmother. 

"Where's grandma's present umma?" 

"Oh we have to go to Seoul tomorrow to pick it up." 

"Okay! I wonder what she got me." 

"Hmm... I'm not sure but, one thing that I am sure is that it came from her heart my Kibummie. You should open that one first!" Key's mom pointed to the one in the corner.

"Aniyo Umma! We have to wait for appa!" 

"Oh that's right. Where is that pabo?" they then hear a loud thump coming from upstairs

It was complete silence between Key and his umma. 

"ahh.. yeobo? are you okay?" 

No response from his father. She felt something was wrong. 

"Umma? Is there something wrong?" 

"A-aniyo my Kibummie. Stay here I'm going to go check on  appa. Wait and don't open your presents." 

"No umma! Sit down I'll go get appa!" 

"N-no Kibum stay here ..." She got up and left Key there. 

*She called me Kibum...* 

 She walked up the stairs shaking

"Yeobo? Yeobo?" She knocked on the door and turned the door knob. 

"YEOBO!!!" 

There he was laying on the floor, unconscious. 

"Yeobo please... please wake up!!!!" She was shaking him and crying hard.

"Umma?" Key walked upstair after hearing her scream. "u-umma?" 

"Kibum please stay there"

"Umma?"

"KIM KIBUM LISTEN TO ME AND STAY THERE"

Key's umma realized on how harsh she sounded and said "Go get dressed. Your  halmeoni (grandma) is coming over to watch you." 

"B-but... what about Christmas?" 

That hit her heart hard. It's Christmas. He waited for his dad to wake up to join him. He waited and waited with a bright smile. She knows this day is no longer Christmas she knows this is a day he'll never forget. She began to cry. 

"K-Kibum p-please just g-go to your r-room." She stuttered and wiped her tears. 

"Ne umma..." 

*Flashback To Be Continued* 

 

Before he could do anything else he felt two arms wrap around his waist. 

 

"I know you're still hurting." Jonghyun said and rested his head on Key's shoulder. "You know you still have me right?" 

"Yeah..." Key responded and wiped his tears. "It's just hard to loose your whole family."

 

 All Jonghyun could do was to just show sympathy. Jonghyun has an older sister and, both of his parents. At heart Key was his brother and, nothing could change that. Then Key and Jonghyun heard foot steps coming down the stairs. 

 

"Oppa!!" Sekyung appeared holding another set of picture frames and pictures of Key's parents. 

"Jagiya!" Jonghyun let go of Key and, went to Sekyung. 

"I missed you!" and she hugged Jonghyun and wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him a peck

"Ahem... not to be a or anything but... how did you get into my house?!" Key said angrily, already had forgotten about his parents.

"Oh... Annyeong Key Oppa!" Sekyun said trying to change the subject

"Oppa? You're my noona and it's Kibum... oh and I asked you a question." 

"U-uh Jjongie Oppa told me where the spare key was..." 

"WHAT THE HELL JONGHYUN?!" Key yelled and looked at Jonghyun

"I didn't think she would actually use it!" he said rubbing the back of his neck. 

"Yeah well she did! And I would like to know WHY?!" 

"I-I'm sorry Key. I was just looking for Jonghyun and, I couldn't call my phone died." 

"It's Kibum." Key repeated, he didn't allow anyone but, Jonghyun to call him Key. "And you could have just waited. Instead of just allowing yourself to come in. But more importantly WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU TOUCH MY STUFF?!" 

Key had his pictures of his parents hidden in his closet. The only way she could have found that if she was in his room. 

" I saw these and they were cute so I thought it would be nice if I put them up. I didn't mean to offend you." she said looking at Key with innocent eyes and rolled her hair between her fingers

"See Key you didn't have to be so harsh on her." Jonghyun said and put his arm around her shoulder. 

"The only way she could have found this stuff is if- WHAT THE HELL?!" Key got cut off when he saw Sekyung crashed her lips on Jonghyun. "HELLO I'M STILL TALKING HERE!" 

"Oh uhh sorry Key!" She said panting. "I couldn't help myself." She said and winked at Jonghyun.

"eww and it's Kibum get it right"  

Suddenly Sekyung's phone went off 'Naega Ulf Naegu Ulf AWOOO SARANGHEYO' 

"Annyeoseyo? oh Umma!  I'm at a friends house!" She yelled. Key rolled his eyes. "Huh? Okay... I'm on my way see you in a little" She hung up her phone. "I guess I better be going! Bye Jjong Oppa!!" She hugged him by the waist and kissed his cheek. "Bye Kibum!!" She ran to him and hugged him tight. "He's mine you ing got it prick?" She whispered into his ears and tightened the hug

"w-what..." Key stuttered

"You heard me ." She said and let go of him then walked out

Key was left there dumbfounded. *does she know i like him?* 

"Hey Key are you okay? You look like you're about to throw up." 

Key began to worry and he felt like his insides were going to burst

"A-aniyo I'm f-" He covered his mouth and ran upstairs. 

"Key!!" Jonghyun followed. 

Key opened his bathroom door and he let it out. He threw up so much he felt tears in his eyes. 

"Ssshh it's okay... just let it all out." Jonghyun said and patting Key's back. 

Once Key stopped throwing up. He flushed the toilet and sat there. 

"Leave." 

"W-what why? Did i do something wrong?" 

*Yeah you're dating that * Key thought to himself

"I feel disgusting and I probably smell bad." said instead

"Oh well yeah maybe a little." Jonghyun chuckled. 

"YAH!" Key yelled and hit him playfully on the arm. 

Key got up and washed his mouth. When he put back the mouth wash he saw the band aids. 

"Oh yeah..." He then grabbed the box. "I forgot I still need to give you the band aid I promised." 

"Heh I forgot about it too." He looked at his cut on his knee. "eww... you're right it does look gross." He said and chuckled. 

"Here sit on the floor I'm going to put some disinfectant so you don't get an infection." 

"No no no I don't need that!" Jonghyun said and stepped 3 steps back. 

"Whatever apink" Key laughed, "Trust me. You need this." Key said and he shaked the bottle. "Are you going to sit or not?" 

"Key I don't want t-" 

"SIT JJONG" 

"O-okay..." He sat down and so did Key. "Key please just wait let me breathe for a moment I'm not rea- OWWW!!!!!" 

"Calm down and grow some balls Jjong it only stings a little." Key said and laughed while he unwrapped the band aid and put it on Jonghyun. "There." 

"Phewww. Am I okay to go now Doctor?" Jonghyun joked and stood up.

"Whatever Hyung." Key said and he also stood up. As he was going to walk out the door Jonghyun had grabbed his shoulder. 

"I was good right? Where's my lollipop doctor?" 

"You want a lollipop? The hell Jonghyun? Shut up and come on" 

"No! I want my treat." 

"Ughh fine! Come on." Key yelled and grabbed Jonghyun's wrist. He then reached for the door knob to his room but, when he looked down it wasn't there. "W-what? Where's the knob?" Key asked and looked at Jonghyun. Jonghyun just shrugged his shoulders.

"That's weird." Key pushed the door open and both Jonghyun and Key's jaws dropped. Their mouths open and in shock. 

"Oh my God..." Both said at the same time. 

 


 

10/17/14 ~ edited