1

Look At Me

It’s been exactly 9 days since the wedding, which also means 9 days since Baekhyun last saw Sooyeon.

Baekhyun woke up especially early, with a smile on lips despite the early hour of the day. Today was the first day of school. He was finally going to see Sooyeon again.

All summer long, he wished to be in her class for their junior year. For the last year, he didn’t have the chance to be in her class. Then, how did they meet?

 

Baekhyun nervously walked in the building in a rather quiet alley, escaping from the noise other students were making. Although he wasn't supposed to be in his area of the school, he just wanted to. He knew, in less than half an hour, the entrance exam will start. He had to return back to where everyone was, but why couldn't he?

He sat down, letting a long sigh along. Tired from the studies he had done for today's examination. He had always wanted to come to this school. Being with his best friends was definitely a reason to come. Seeing his brother reunited with his high school crush recently interested him as well.

He was always motivated for today, but why couldn't he feel more excited? Why was only the feeling of stress invade his whole body. Closing his eyes, Baekhyun let out another long sigh, trying to calm himself, although he miserably failed.

Baekhyun sat there in silence for a good five minutes. He knew he had to leave very soon. But at this same moment, someone interrupted his thought. Or rather, her shadow.

But he didn't minded though, when he opened his eyes. A girl was standing in front of him, wandering why he was sitting here, in the middle of nowhere.

"What are you doing here?" she carefully asked, still keeping her big doe eyes open with curiosity.

Baekhyun then stood up and shrugged. "I don't know. Just to let my stress out, I guess..." he softly talked, with a slightly trembling voice. With that answer, she smiled.

A smile, he promised himself to never forget. A smile that caught his heart the moment he saw it. A smile that made him fall for a complete stranger.

"Here," the girl took Baekhyun's hand and put a little object in his palm. "A good luck charm."

He carefully looked at the light emerald green pouch, with a smile creeping up his face. "Thank you..." "Sooyeon, Jung Sooyeon." Her smile brightened up as the two kept eye contact. How he wished time could stop.

As Baekhyun wanted to say his name, the two heard a voice through the intercom, asking all students to head to the main room and get their places assign for the examination.

The two rushed back, as they kept silence. Walking by her side, he kept drifting his eyes slightly to her side, admiring her profile.

At this moment, he knew he had to pass this exam to see her again.

 

“Baekyuuuun!” a loud voice shouted from about 10 feet away. From the deep voice, anyone could’ve recognized the owner of it. Soon, figures approached Baekhyun but in an instant the taller one of the two ran to tackle him. “Park Chanyeol!” Baekhyun shouted as he tried to struggle out from the strong grip. Just then, a laugh followed. Kim Jongdae was following just behind and was laughing hard at his two best friends, especially at the one trapped in the arms of the other.

Baekhyun glared at the laughing latter, making Jongdae seal his lips, but still a playful smile lingering on his face. As Jongdae walked nearer to the two, Baekhyun thought he would’ve gotten some help.

A hand suddenly touches his smoothened out hair following with a playful shake, making them messy. Baekhyun rolled his eyes, obviously, that guy wouldn’t help much either.

As they laugh, the two other friends high fived each other, releasing him along.

The three best friends continued their way to school, without stopping their cheerful conversation, indeed very glad to see each other. At their arrival, already many people were gathered around the board to see in which class they were in this year.

Walking to theirs, all three were carefully looking for their names.

Easily spotting his own name, Baekhyun quickly changed his interest to find another name. A huge smile spread on his face the moment he saw that one name a little under his.

"Aish! We're all in different class this year!" Chanyeol complained. Jongdae tsked, and nodded to his friend's disappointment. But that didn't matter to him for long.

Jongdae poked Chanyeol's side, to which the latter sent him glares, but his expression quickly turned into a mischievous one when he understood the sign.

"Yah, why are you smiling for?" Jongdae asked, snickering. Waking up from his little moment, Baekyun, turned to his friends, "So what class are you guys in?" Unaware of the situation, which made Jongdae and Chanyeol laugh. Frowning, Baekhyun looked at the two, totally not understanding.

"Lover boy." Chanyeol teased Baekhyun who now understood and glared at the two. His best friends went on teasing him for a while, until they got interrupted by someone.

"Seems like you three are already having your fun on the first day?"

A guy walked up to them, with a girl walking by his side. Not to lie, the two looked like a couple if one didn't know about them.

"Suho hyung!" Jongdae and Chanyeol both greeted him warmly at his arrival. While Baekhyun stood silent at his place.

"Sooyeon, did you already take a look on the board?" Suho asked the female latter. Sooyeon shook her head as a response. As she was about to excuse herself to go take a look, Baekhyun interrupted.

"I looked up for you already, we're in the same class, 2-A!" Baekhyun told her. Surprised, Sooyeon looked at Baekhyun, "Really? Baekbum oppa's words are always right then." she smiled.

"You two know each other?" Suho asked, surprised by their casual conversation. Jongdae and Chanyeol were even more surprised, did something happen behind their backs that Baekhyun didn't let them be aware of?

"Believe me, we're closer more than you would think!" Baekhyun winked jokingly to the three males. Making the group laugh at his awkward wink.

Taking the time, the other boys weren't giving him much attention, Baekhyun turned to look at Sooyeon, who was already looking at him. The two smiled at each other, knowing the meaning behind his words.

Jung Sooyeon, this is going to be a great year I can predict it already.