Her life story

The Reality I Lived [Oneshot]

 

Athaliah Lee is a rich 20 year old that lost her parents from sickness and now lives with her brother Seth-Sar Lee and his wife Lee Jiyoung. Seth-Sar used to be the most caring brother for Athaliah but now, because of his wife, he’s brother could care less about her. His wife hated her and wanted her out of the house as Athaliah was an eyesore to her. Her brother could only side with his wife as he loves her with all his heart till he ignores Athaliah totally. Because of that Seth-Sar decided to arrange marriage his dongsaeng with his friend that Athaliah know nothing about. She couldn’t and wouldn’t let her brother do this to her, so she ran away. She couldn’t let her brother take away her freedom. With little money she had, she didn’t care. She took what ever she could grab and ran far away from her brother. She had no where to go, but the beach. It’s peaceful and not really a lot of people go at this time of month. She had no other choice. She fought the cold, she fought hunger just to survive in this world.

But luckily she has a job, she could buy food and toiletries. She washed her clothes at public toilets, showers there. She’s like no other in this world. She is young, poor yet she brought herself to where she is now. Her life is difficult with no one to turn too if she needs a shoulder to lean on. She yearns for love and care from others but no one knows of her situation. Till one day…

 

Athaliah is in the shop alone as today is her shift alone. She opened the shop at 7am and will close at 10pm. She sat at the counter listening to the songs that’s playing in the shop singing along to every song that played. When there’s no customers she would sing aloud or even walk around the shop dancing just a little bit so no one noticed.

 

[Ting!]

*The shop door opened*

 

“Welcome to Eizzil’s Lab!” I said with a big smile on my face and he smiled back.

 

Athaliah worked at a Street Fashion store and there’s only guys wear in her shop. Her fashion sense is just normal so guys mostly that comes in her shop wouldn’t ask her opinion but..

 

“Miss, I’m trying to find something my style. What do you suggest?” He stops browsing and looked at me that’s standing beside him.

“Well..it’s summer right now so. A t-shirt would be perfect.” I said as I brows the racks and pin pointing the designs. He just nodded and smiled.

“I thought of buying a normal t-shirt myself and I think I found it. I’ll take this one.” He grabbed the one that I was holding on too and looked at it carefully.

“You’ll be taking this one?” I was shocked, he’s the first ever to take something I picked.

“Yes..this is perfect.” He passed it to me and walked to the cashier where I punched in.

“That would be $30 please.” He gave me the cash and I handed him a bag that has the t-shirt in it. “Come again!” I said before he turned and walked to the door.

“Actually…there’s something else.” He was walking out when he stopped and turned around. He walked back to the cashier and smiled at me.

“What may that be?” I looked at him with curiosity.

“I would like to get to know you. Would you allow me too?”

“What?”

 

Athaliah thought she heard him wrong, she was confused. She didn’t thought of herself as pretty and he’s far from not pretty. He’s even more pretty then her.

 

“I want to get to know you. Should we exchange numbers?” He said as he took his phone out of his jeans pocket and held it in front of him.

“I would love too but…I don’t have a phone. Sorry.” He looked at me and smirked.

“Everyone has a phone now. Okok, what about house phone? I’ll call you.”

“I..don’t have that either.” He’s smirk disappear and raised his eyebrow.

“You’re being serious? Or you don’t want too? How does others contact you then?” He crossed his arms and I crossed mine too.

“They give me their number and I call them instead.”

“Ok then!” He took a piece of paper from the table and wrote down his digits. “Call me..tonight when you finish work.”

“Ok..” I said as I took the paper from him.

“Ouh..I’m Kim Jonghyun by the way. It’s nice to meet you.” He said as he held out his hand over the counter and smiled a cute smile.

“Kim Jonghyun, I’m Athaliah Lee. It’s nice to meet you too.” I smiled and shook his awaiting hand.

“Just call me Jonghyun..” He slightly laugh.

“Jonghyun..” I repeated him and chuckled.

 

[Ting!]

 

“Welcome to Eizzil’s Lab!” I welcomed the customer.

“Sorry Jonghyun, I have a customer. I’ll call you?” I said while walking towards the customer.

“That would be great..i’ll be waiting Athaliah-ssi.” He smiled and walked out of her shop smiling and waving.

 

After work Athaliah found a peaceful spot on the beachside and pitched her tent. She took out the cup noodle she bought and the water bottle that’s filled with hot water she took from work. She pore the hot water in the cup noodle and waited. The water is not that hot so she has to wait for it longer then usual. She haven’t eaten the whole day so she was starving, she only got to drink water the whole day.

Her noodle is soft enough for her to eat now and she ate slowly, savoring every curly strand of noodle that goes in and every flavor that’s in the soup. This is all she’s going to have till tomorrow. She finished eating so she went to the phone booth that’s just across from where she pitched her tent.

She took the piece of paper from her jean pocket and slot in the coin.

“Should I call him? It’s kind of late. Hmm..” I held up the paper and forced myself to dial the number. “ *I said I’ll call. OH IT’S RINGING!*

“Yeoboseyo?” The voice from the other line spoke.

“Annyonghaseyo. This is Athaliah. Am I speaking to Kim Jonghyun?” I could hear him smile from the other line.

“HEY! I was waiting for you. What took you?”

“Ouh..Sorry, I was…busy.” I lied.

“Ah ic. Hey..Are you using a payphone?”

“How..did you know?” I was slightly shocked.

“Isn’t it obvious. It’s a payphone number.Duh~”

“Ouh yeah..it is.” I said with a slight sadness in my tone.

“Athaliah..would you like to hang out with me? I’m so bored. Tomorrow there’s no work right? It’s Saturday..” I begged.

*Should I? I already pitched my tent. Hmm..Maybe I should tell him now rather then next time. I should let him decide.*

“Jonghyun, even if I just knew you, I should show you the real me now then later. I’ll let you decide. Meet me at the beach?”

“The beach? At this late hour?” He’s said with a confused voice.

“Yes, would you come?”

“Ok..I’ll come in a few minutes. Wait for me.”

“I’ll wait for you.” I said with a small smile on my face.

 

Like he said, a few minutes. He’s car lights visible from the darkness of the night. He’s car came closer and I noticed that it was the same as dad’s. My wonderful dad, Lee Jaeyoung. My eye’s starts to water at the thought of my dad and mom. I missed them so much.

I quickly dried my eyes as he step out of his car and walked towards me.

“Athaliah, what are you doing at the beach at this late hour? Aren’t you going home?” He stood there infront of me as I looked at him.

“Jonghyun..” I hazitated for a few seconds. “…believe it or not…this is my home..” I looked at him and waited for a response.

“You’re joking…again..” He laughed but I just looked at him.

“Jonghyun…”

“You’re serious about this?” He stopped laughing as I nodded. I slowly took his hand and led him to where I was to spend the night at.

“This place has been my home since I ran away from my real home.” I said as I turned to look at him and he just looked at me.

“I have no one, no one wanted me. Either I got married like my brother arranged or I run away. And I chose to run.” I looked at him as a small smile creped. He still just looked at me.

“I had everything. I had parents, I had a big home, I had a loving brother. I had everything a girl wanted. But everything was gone the day my parents died. My loving brother got blinded by love. I have 1 meal a day and water for the rest of the day.” I looked away as my eyes starts to water.

“This is the real me Kim Jonghyun. Even if you just knew me today. I want you to choose now before you regret it. I might look normal but my life is beyond normal.” I turned back to him and looked straight in his eyes.

“Jonghyun oppa…it’s ok.” I smiled at him.

“Athaliah, how long have you been staying like this?” He said with concern in his voice.

“I think..it’s been…7 months now I think?”

“You lived like this for 7 months now?”

“Yeah..it’s no big deal. I’m getting used to it.”

“Athaliah, would you come with me if I told you I have an extra room in my house?”

“Oppa…if you let me pay then I might follow you.” I laughed.

“Then it’s a promise..” He went to my tent and disabled it quickly. “ *I was just joking*

“Oppa, I was just joking…” I tried to stop him but he continued.

“I wasn’t…”

“Oppa..” Tears started to fall from my cheeks.

“Promise me you won’t live like this again. Save up till you can support yourself then I’ll let you go.” He said while he still disabling my tent.

“Oppa…” I walked closer to him.

“Promise?” He turned and looked at me.

“I promise.” He smiled. I couldn’t help but smile back.

He must be a guardian angel, he saved me. He saved me from this cold night.

“Let’s go Athaliah.” He swung my tent over his shoulder and walked towards his car and I followed behind.

“Oppa..”

“Hmm?” He responded while he opened his car door.

“Thank you.”

“No, Thank you Athaliah. Thank you for accepting me.” He smiled and went in his car I went in after him.

“Accepting..you?” I was confused I just looked at him as I buckled the seatbelt.

“You know what I mean..” He smiled as he buckled his own and started his engine. He might be a killer or something but I didn’t care. Someone took me away from the cold, I would thank anyone.

 

I sat in the car I used to sit when I was young with my dad. I remembered every minute of it. The time we joked around, him teasing me.

 

“Athaliah?..” I heard Jonghyun voice called for me as I woke up from my slumber.

“Athaliah, we’re here.” I unbuckled the seatbelt and got out of the car.

 

Jonghyun locked his car and walked towards the big house. Athaliah wasn’t surprised or anything because she used to live at this kind of house herself so it’s normal for her. Jonghyun unlocked the front door and both Jonghyun and her walked in.

 

“Athaliah, sit here while I make us some hot tea.” He said as he went to the kitchen somewhere in the house. I walked to the big living room that has a bug flat screen television handing on the living room wall. The whole living room is black and white. It’s so clean. Athaliah sat down waiting for Jonghyun to come back.

“Hot tea coming your way.” Jonghyun came 3minutes later with a tray.

“Ah..gamsahamnida oppa.” I stood up and placed the tea cups on the table.

“Athaliah, I thought of getting to know you but I knew more about you in about a day.” He said as he sat down and giggled.

“Well, no one asked me out before and I don’t want to disappoint them as how I’ve disappoint a lot of people in my life. I want you to decide to stay around me knowing my living situation.” I said as I took a sip of tea.

“Athaliah, you want to know something?..” He asked as he held the tea cup.

“What?” I put down the cup slowly on the table.

“I liked you for awhile now. I just, didn’t have the courage to voice out. I walked pass you shop a lot of times and today I had the guts to ask. And I’m happy I did.” A warm smile came on perfect lips and I followed.

“Jonghyunie oppa..”

“Sometimes I see you dance alone in the shop and I laughed at you from outside.” He laughed out loud and that embarrassed me.

“Oppa! I was bored, what would you do if you’re in my situation. It’s great that you came today, I nearly thought of sleeping cause no one came.” We both laugh and it got quiet.

“Athaliah, your brother didn’t try to find you?” He suddenly asked.

“I don’t think he even care. He’s wife is everything to him now and I’m no one.”

“You don’t mean that. He’s your brother.”

“Brother or not. What ever he’s wife does to me he just agree and push me around like how she does.” I quickly took the tea cup and take a sip but held the cup near my face as tears starts to form.

“He doesn’t deserve to be your brother.”

“Yeah, he doesn’t. To think that he arranged marriage me and his friend was beyond heartache. It’s the only way for me to get out of his life without kicking me out of the house with nothing. I’d rather live like a bagger then live the life of a wife that knows nothing of her husband. To think that we had enough money to support 5 people in a family and he can’t support me, his only little sister.” Endless flow of tears dripped down my chin.

“Just forget about the past. Athaliah ah, this place, this house is yours and your future now. Just forget everything for now and live. As now you’ve got another chance of living a normal life. I’ll be your support from now on. So just lean on me. Can you do that?” He leaned forward and placed his hand on my shoulder as I looked at him.

“Thank you oppa.” I said as we both smiled at each other.

 

He brought me to the room that I’ll be staying in to put all my stuff before giving me the tour at his huge home. He lived here alone as he’s parents live in another huge home. This house was his 21st birthday present. I remember my first big present, I got a big pink doll house that has everything inside including 3 shelves full of little dolls to choose from. It was my 10th birthday. Mom and Dad knew I would love it. And Seth-Sar oppa bought me one special doll that only I had in the whole world. It was so special to me but everything is gone now. Sister-in-law threw everything away as it was an eyesore she said. I cried secretly for days in my room.

 

Jonghyun oppa held a special place in my heart now where nothing was before this. My heart was empty with empty hopes of people giving me a helping hand. He filled my heart with hope of a better future now. And I’m greatful.

 

I lived with Jonghyun oppa for nearly 4 months now and we’ve been dating too. He is the sweetest guy a girl could ask for. He’s such a romantic, I don’t know how many times I cried because of his surprises. I’m so thankful towards him that my eyes water easily when it comes to him. I might look fragile but I didn’t care.

I start to gain more strength now as I ate the right number of meals a day and slept peacefully everynight.

I saved up enough now as I lived with him for a year. I saved up enough to move out. I was sad but I knew I had too and he promised. I told him and packed up everything in 5 days. I brought everything down with the help of his maid.

 

“Liah..” He called me by the nick name he gave me.

“Yes oppa?”

“You don’t have to go..”

“I must, I’m just a guest I can’t live here forever and you promised. Remember?” I smiled and turned to walk out.

“Marry me..Marry me Athaliah Lee. Don’t leave..” I stopped on my tracks and repeated what he said in my head several times.

“What?” I asked before turning to look at him.

“Marry me..” He said again as he walked towards me slowly.

“Oppa I..”

“Say yes…”

“I don’t kno-“

“Will you Athaliah Lee, marry Kim Jonghyun? The guy that never stops thinking about you and will always forever love you.” He held both of my hands as tears formed in my eyes and a smile came on my lips.

“I do..”

 

 

 

Well...it's kinda boring though right?...It kinda too short and hurried. But this is the story...did you like it? Please comment<3333