The Start and the End of Things

Never Good Enough

(Lu Han's POV)

     My name is Lu Han. I'm in a boy group, called EXO, under SM Entertainment. I'm the lead covalist and the visual or face of EXO-M, a sub-group of EXO. It's been more than two years since we debuted and I can do AND have everything I could ever ask for. Well, except for one. My OTHER HALF.

     It's not that I don't have a girlfriend...... which I do. Well, I did. PAST TENSE.

     We were together even before I debuted. Honestly? The only reason why I auditioned and became a trainee is that she wanted me to. I never had a passion for singing nor dancing. But because she wanted me to, I did it. I did it even it means giving up my own dream. That's how I love someone. I will give that person everything she wants even if I need to sacrifice a lot of other things. And that's how much I loved her. I still do.

     When I debuted, we have to keep our relationship secret since it would become a huge issue. It was hard at first. Not being with her all the time and always being scared that someone might see us. So she asked me if I could buy us a condo unit where we could spend some time together secretly. And I did. I bought a condo unit in a condominium hidden in the streets of Seoul. We spent most of our free time there for almost two years talking, kissing, hugging, cuddling, sleeping next to each other and just enjoying each other's company.

     We still go on dates like watching movies and eating dinner even after I debuted but it rarely happens. So I give all my efforts in surprising her during our anniversaries. Just to make it up to her for not having a normal relationship.

     Once I prepared an event just for her. It was our first anniversary. I saved enough money to rent the park for the night and I lit hundreds of candles that say "HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, MY LOVE!" inside a heart that's also formed with candles. I bought a bouquet of red roses and a ring and those were the things I gave her that night. It was hard to prepare everything especially the candles since the night wind would blow the candles out but thankfully, only a few of them did when she came to the park. She was so surprised. I can still remember every single detail about that day. From the nervousness I felt inside waiting for her, to the wide smile plastered on my face when she came, to the moment she gasped in awe, to the moment we kissed and up to the moment I walked her home. It was quite memorable. Maybe that's why I haven't forgot it yet. I haven't forgot anything about her and I haven't forgot anything about us.

     I thought we were happy. I thought she was. But I guess she wasn't.

     I can still remember it as if it was yesterday. I can still remember the time when I saw her come out of a motel with some other guy and they were making out. The guy has his hands on her hass and her hands were running through his hair while they were kissing. I just stood there watching them. I couldn't move. It felt like my shoes were glued to the ground. I can feel the pain in my heart. It felt like I've been torn into pieces. The feeling made me want to die but I know I have to pull myself together. I left the place where I was standing as soon as I did. It hurts to remember what happened but it hurts much more to watch them.

     The next day, she called me early in the morning. We don't have a schedule for a week and it's actually in good timing since I really need it because of all that happened yesterday. She told me to come to the condo unit I bought because she wanted to spend time with me. I did what she asked but I didn't go there to spend time with her. I went there to end things between us.

     When I got to the condo unit, she was smiling brightly. Like nothing happened.

     "Oppa!", she said with a grin.

     She came over to me and hugged me and said, "I thought you wouldn't come."

     She must've noticed that I didn't hug her back because she let me go and looked at me with confused eyes.

     "Oppa, waeyo?", she asked.

     I held her shoulders and pushed her back.

     "What happened between us?", I asked back.

     "What do you mean?", she said.

     "I gave you everything. I bought this condo unit for you. I became an idol for you even if it means giving up my own dream. I went through hell, training to become an idol. I spent every free time I had with you instead of my own family. I did everything and gave everything to you. How could you do that?", I said, shaking my head while looking down. I slipped my hands away from hers.

     "What are you talking about, oppa?", she said with a snicker.

     "How could I do what?", she continued, acting so innocent.

     "I'M NOT STUPID! I know what you did last night. Who was that guy?", I said, holding back my anger.

     Her eyes widened, "O-oppa... H-he was just a friend. We were... uhm... just talking."

     "Just talking?!?! Wow... You have a really different way of talking to him. I don't know how it's actually possible to talk when you're tongue is down his throat!", I said.

     "B-but... H-he kissed me first. I--", she said.

     "Since when? How long have you been doing this?", I asked cutting her off.

     "Oppa... Mianhae... I wouldn't do it again. I promi--"

     "HOW LONG?!?!"

     "For a year now.", she said, looking down while crying.

     "I didn't mean to... It was just--", she continued.

     "You didn't mean to?!?! You didn't mean to?!?! You've been doing it for a year! You've been cheating on me. Why? I gave you everything you wanted. I became whatever you wanted me to become! Wasn't that enough? WASN'T I ENOUGH? Why did you do it? WHY?!?!"

     She didn't answer. She just continued crying.

     "I love you ____. A lot. But... I know you don't know that.", I said.

     "I can't do this anymore. I think a year is enough for you to play me, right?", I continued and snickered.

     "I hope your happy. 'Cause it has always been what I wanted for you. Goodbye _____.", I said, turning and walking away from her.

     I left the building without turning back. It would just hurt more if I did.

     I didn't have sleep nor the appetite to eat. I just became unfunctionable. 'Cause all I could think about was 'I WAS NEVER GOOD ENOUGH FOR HER.'

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N:

Well...

That's it....

Hope you like it ^_^

And please read my other fanfic... "The Only One"

Kamsahamnida....

Comment and subscribe ^_^ :">

XOXO :*