The Charged

The Charged

 

 

Aron slammed the door behind him and sat down on the couch beside his girlfriend who has been waiting for him the whole day. He wondered why the girl was quiet and seemed as if she lacked sleep.

“Honey?” he asked as he kissed her in the cheeks which she did too.

“Yea, hon?” Lime asked. “What’s up?” She let go of Aron and leaned her back on the soft wall of the couch.

“Nothing, honey. Just tired, you know.” he answered and laid down on Lime’s lap.

“Honey, please be honest with me. What is up?” the girl looked down on him with eyes filled with disbelief.

He stood up and faced her. “Honey, I am telling you the truth. What do you think? That I would be cheating on you? No, I wouldn’t do that.”

Lime looked at him sadly. “The police are coming to get you hon. They said you killed someone!” she yelled looking away.

“What?” was the only word that came out of Aron’s mouth.

“They said you killed someone! You and Baekho and etcetera of your bull buddies!” Lime yelled again, this time standing up looking down on Aron.

The guy’s mouth opened slightly. “My what? And I did what? Killed someone?” he asked as if he couldn’t believe it too. “Are you ing kidding me, Lime? Why the flying would I kill?” He stood up too and faced the girl.

“I don’t know! That’s why I’m asking you.” Lime shook her head. She avoided his eyes and turned around.

Aron let out a heavy breathe. “Honey, I.. I didn’t kill anyone. Don’t you trust me?” he asked her despite her back facing him.

“I want to trust you, hon. But I really can’t. And for ’s sake, Nana? And a jumping rope to strangle her?  Seriously, Aron?” Lime turned to him.

His brows met. “What? Nana? I didn’t kill Nana! Why would I kill Nana?! We haven’t even exchanged words. Not once. .”

She smirked. “Poor Minhyun. I suppose he’s crying on her dead corpse now.” she said and walked away to get a traveling bag out. “Nana was such a really good senior.”

“What?”

“This is seriously why I hate you, Aron.” she said not looking at him fixing something inside the bag.

“You mean love.” Aron said teasingly as if he didn’t understand his girlfriend.

Lime stopped and looked at him. She scoffed. “What? Love? No. Aron, why would I love you. I don’t love you. Never did.”

Aron let out a fake laugh. “Okay. Let’s just say you’re upset because of some policemen trying to get their on me but no honey, I seriously did not kill Nana. Don’t you believe me?”

“Why would I believe you? You know what I see in your eyes when you tell me you didn’t kill Nana? Nothing. So just shut up and turn your in.” Lime said and continued putting her things on the bag one by one.

“I would never do that. Of course not. I’m not ing stupid to let them put me in jail when I did absolutely nothing.” he protested and sat down on the couch again. “What’s that bag for, anyway? Are you leaving?”

“Yes, I am Aron. I cannot afford to be your girlfriend when you are clearly a ing criminal. I am leaving and I am definitely not coming back.” Lime aswered which made Aron jump up from the couch.

“Excuse me? What did you say?”

“I said, I am leaving you alone in jail! Don’t be stupid, Aron. I am obviously breaking up with you right now.” the girl said and Aron’s jaw dropped. He felt his chest tightened and he didn’t want to belive that he was awake. He wanted to belive it was a nightmare.

“No, Lime. You can’t do that to me. Not right now. No. Please.” he grabbed Lime’s hand and begged. Lime let go of his hand stared at him with merciless eyes. He didn’t know the girl in front of him anymore.

“Aron, you really think I love you, don’t you? Well, unfortunately, I don’t. I actually don’t. Really don’t. For the past 3 ing years, I pretended to love you just so I could get close to Minhyun. You know how much I wanted Minhyun for myself!” she shouted at him putting him in shock. He couldn’t say a word.

“And then.. there’s Nana who doesn’t even give a about Minhyun. How I hated seeing her. I’m not saying I am happy about her death. I just really disliked her. She didn’t deserve Minhyun. Seriously.” she said with anger visible on her face. She didn’t even look at him.

Aron couldn’t process the things at the moment. He was too pre-occupied to even react to what he was hearing. “I..” he gulped. “I don’t believe you,honey.”

“Then don’t.” Lime squatted down again and closed the bag putting it up. She stood up and dragged the bag next to the closed door. Before Aron could even stop her, she got out of the door and they both heared the siren of the police cars.

“No! Lime, where are you going! No!” he screamed while looking at the girl he loved for 3 whole years putting her bag on the trunk of the yellow taxi cab.

“I’m going to Canada, Aron. And I’m not coming back!” she shouted and looked at him for the last time. “My flight’s in 30 minutes. Farewell.” she turned around and opened the car door.

“You won’t make it!” Aron shouted trying his last best to stop her.

“Don’t be stupid, Aron. The airport’s a 15-minute drive from here. Hasta mañana, Aron.” she said and finally went inside the cab.

The police were already behind Aron putting the handcuffs on him and all he could say was “!”

 

 

 

 

Aron glared at the person’s name tag in front of him. “Kim Heechul..” he muttered the words with anger and disbelief.

“I believe you called me.” the other guy with milky skin looked at him and didn’t seem irritated with his glare.

“I didn’t kill anyone. I swear to every ing soul in here, I did not kill anyone.” Aron protested with both of his hands on the table handcuffed.

The other guy smiled at him. “They all say that.” Aron didn’t respond but glared at him still. Sharper this time.

“You know what, if you didn’t kill her, why would the police find the victim’s dead body in your house’s kitchen floor? And why would your 58-year old mom call 911 with a shaky voice surprised by the murder in her own house. Why do you think, Aron?” Heechul asked and looked at him in the eyes obviously waiting for an honest answer.

“So you’re saying I killed the girl whom I’ve never spoken to in my own ed up house?”

“Yes.” Kim Heechul answered plainly.

“Don’t you dare accuse me like that or I’ll ing kill you!” Aron stood up and yelled but eventually calmed down and sitted back down. “The justice system’s all flawed up.” he mumbled avoiding the police’s stare.

Just then, the door opened and a new guy appeared looking very impatient. He stood beside Heechul and handed the guy some papers while his eyes met Aron’s.

“Oh, look. Another stupid to deal with. Great.” Aron murmured.

“Oh right. Aron, let me introduce you to Jaejoong, our forensic analyst. Say hi.” Heechul faked a smile and looked at Aron who didn’t actually care. He shifted his attention to the papers he was holding and read it.

Aron noticed the change of expression in his face when he saw Heechul arche his eyebrows.

Heechul looked at Jaejoong with a confused look in his face and Jaejoong shrugged his shoulder. “What is this?” he asked.

“The result. We didn’t really find his fingerprints on the murder weapon. It didn’t match.” Jaejoong answered plainly.

“Of course. I didn’t kill anyone. And for ’s sake, a jumping rope? Don’t kid yourself. You’re smart people! You should think of some smarter than this!” Aron let out an insult and laughed softly to his self.

Heechul stood up and shook his head while he said “Call Minki. Tell him to get his up here. We’re gonna need him.” Jaejoong nodded and went out of the room.

Heechul took his seat in front of Aron again and they both got lost in each other’s eyes one more time. “Tell me, Aron. Where were you when the murder took place?”

“Well, I don’t know. I was with my buddies in the computer shop for 6 hours.” Aron answered and Heechul nodded. “Which computer shop?”

“The one in front of the coke stand at 39th street.” Aron still answered plainly and honestly and Heechul could tell that.

“What were you doing there with your buddies?” Heechul asked again.

“We were playing Grand Theft Auto.” Aron chuckled. “I bet you don’t play that stuff. You’re smart.” he eventually stopped laughing when he noticed that Heechul was glaring at him. “You can check it. They have CCTVs around there.”

Heechul didn’t respond instead phoned someone and left the questioning room immeadiately without looking back at Aron.

 

Just about 10 minutes, Heechul returned to the room with Jaejoong and one other guy.

“Who the hell is he?” Aron asked immediately upon seeing the three walk in.

Heechul looked at the guy and Aron back and forth. “This is Minki, he’s a detective. Say hi.”

“If you don’t mind my asking, what are you?” Aron asked which made the detective burst out in soft chuckle.

“I assume you’re thinking I’m gay but no, I’m actually this pretty.” Minki answered for himself and winked at the guy who responded with a disgusted face.

“Anyway, he’s not our killer.” Heechul cleverly ruined the moment.

“Hee, we don’t know that yet. Not until we receive the CCTV report confirming that he’s out in that computer shop with his buddies playing GTA.” Minki snapped back.

Jaejoong nodded a single nod. “I agree. But we can’t really confirm it after only that. We need to find more clues and evidence.”

“And by that, you mean more investigation on the crime scene. But actually, after 2 hours looking in the kitchen, there is nothing than the murder weapon and the pieces of broken things destroyed during the murderer-victim fight.” Heechul explained.

“You should do more investigation there. Might as well bring Junhong. You’d need his sixth sense.” Minki suggested and turned to look at Aron this time. “Do you know anyone that would most likely hold grudges against Nana?” He asked Aron in his most serious voice tone.

Aron shook his head. “No, not really. We don’t just hold grude on someone who contributed so much to the society, do we?”

“And by that, you mean..?” Minki asked not aware of what the other one was talking about.

“Seems like you haven’t looked at her profile more thoroughly. Nana is my senior in high school and she is a volunteer in every orphanage I’ve heard of so far. She’s a daughter of a millionaire who owns an international hotel and she has her own charity organization. Nana Charity.” Aron explained which made the other three in the room open their mouth in schock. “She’s the president of our Student Council.” he added.

“Why would someone kill a beautiful soul like her? I don’t understand.” Minki sighed. And just then, all of their attention were stolen by Heechul’s ringing phone.

“Hello?” Heechul answered and his poker face took over the quizzical one when they heard the tiny voice in the phone.

“What’s the matter?” Jaejoong asked with his brows met.

Heechul hung up and answered the tall guy, “He never stood up once when they were in the computer shop. For six straight hours.”

Minki made the are-you-ing-kidding-me face and looked at Aron. “How do you even do that? I don’t understand.”

“You don’t understand anything. Thought you were a detective.” Aron smirked with confidence. “Now let me get out of here ‘cuz I got things to deal with.” he said gesturing to his hands with the handscuffs. He noticed that none of them were responding to his request. “My girl is going to leave me so I gotta prove my innocence to her. Now get this out of my hands.” he said slowly trying not to yell gesturing one more time to his hands.

Heechul froze with the realisation of something. He leaned his palms on the desk which made Aron and Minki look at him in doubt.

“Listen Aron, if you’re not the killer we’re trying to find here, how did you know about the murder weapon?”

Minki and Jaejoong looked at each other. “Right. We haven’t revealed that to the public yet.” Jaejoong nodded.

Aron stared at Heechul for a few moments before he answered. “My girlfriend.”

Heechul’s eyes tightened as he stared into Aron’s. “.”


 

 

Author's Note: OMG so here it is. I hope you like it :) Please do leave a comment! Thanks ;)