Triggered

One Bullet.

Luhan's eyes pricked around the corners. He could feel the tears that threatened to fall, but he refused to admit defeat. It was a night bright with blue moonlight, where innocence and hope was obsecured with a thick haze of guilt and betrayal. 

They stood across from each other, both wearing masks of grim bitterness. "Minseok," Luhan whispered, the stillness of the night revebrating his words much louder than how he actually spoke. "Luhan," Minseok murmured. Neither of them moved as they continued to stare at each other. "........ Why?" Luhan breathes, his mind drowning in his past when they had their first encounter together. "I wasn't the one who left, Minseok. You left us. Where were you when Kyungsoo died? Where were you when Yixing went blind? Where were you when I needed you the most??!!!!"

"Cut the damn crap, Lu." Minseok cuts in, his jaw looking in defiance. Luhan's bottom lip quivered from the sudden call of his old pet name, his tears kept falling in a steady stream. "You're the one who had changed, not me. Why did you continue to stay with that bloody er when I told you not to?" Confused and shaking hysterically, fresh tears sping behind Luhan's closed eyes as the imagery of Jongin clouded his mind. The memory of that night, that cold lonely night where he left Minseok and snuck out into the shadows; vowing to never return and to sacrifice for his future. "Why won't you believe me at that time?" the male continued. His heart told him to believe Minseok, but his mind told him to believe what he has promised. They were breathing hard, guns aimed at each other with more force than before. 

"Let's end this," Minseok said, "this has been prolonged for far too long." All traces of emotion suddenly disappeared from Minseok's eyes; the rage, the anger, the grief and the hurt, it all flattened out and disipated. The dull glare in his eyes had returned, with his fingers over the trigger, Luhan hestitated as he watched how detached Minseok acted towards him. His heart pumped hard into his mind as the Pandora's Box in his heart, the dormant feelings he tried so hard to bury, slowly appeared, threatening to swallow him up.

By reflex, Luhan watches how Minseok's shoulder flexes as he pulls his trigger and with that he also simultaneously pulls his own. But he possible release a bullet aimed at his beloved. He stands there in shock, wrapping his head around the fact that he and Minseok both unleashed death at each other. No.... No.......... NO. What have I done. It wasn't supposed to be like this. Luhan chanted in his head. Falling onto his knees, Luhan cradled Minseok's head onto his lap, the feel of soft hair and smooth skin, all too familiar under his fingertips. "Why didn't you dodge it?!" he cried, his voice strained in pain. 

Regret.

Guilt. 

Suffering. 

"I couldn't take it anymore, Luhan." The light in Minseok's eyes were slowly fading. "But one thing I know, I love you," he struggled to whisper as he knew he had to go soon. "I always have."

 


Sorry for the short and crappy one. Please look forward to the upcoming fanfic "Vague Chance", thank you!