Chapter Three

Fearful of the Fearless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

His dark eyes penetrated my soul, finding my woes and worries deep within without the need of an actual conversation. There was something about his gaze though. I felt as if he knew everything and I don’t know if I should feel reassured.

With a start, I realised he was quite handsome. With dark eyes, dark hair and a handsome face, I found myself staring at him longer than necessary. He bore resemblance to the man from my dream but I didn’t know he would be this charming. Blushing, I lowered by eyes from him and walked away from the window. His smirk was disarming and if I gazed any longer, I would have lost myself in the depths of his eyes.

No longer in his vision, the mystery man stopped looking up at my window and went to help his co-worker with the furniture. From hearing snippets of their conversation I learnt his co-worker’s name is Jongin and that he thinks the weather today is terrible. Relieved that he wasn’t discussing anything about me, only the occasional bark of laughter in response to Jongin’s sarcasm, I allowed myself to relax a bit. That didn’t last long as thoughts invaded my mind.

I started pacing around my room. There was just something about that man that made me feel at ease. On one hand, I found him a bit creepy, but on the other hand, his mere presence managed to relax me. I felt like he could understand me and offer me the empathy I needed.

But then there was the question of him appearing in my dream. Why was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter