3

Even After
Key trailed behind Taemin and they both made there way down to the guest room once more for the night. He kept his distance, even though he was worried to take his eyes away from the fragile, younger boy. When they arrived to the bedroom, Taemin quickly ducked into the doorway, closing it so only his head could be seen.
 
"I'm going to bed. Sorry for making things awkward." he whispered. Key just smiled, fearing that anything he said would make him break. The elder knew that it was too early to even think about sleeping, but he couldn't blame the boy, for today had been very eventful. Taemin pressed against the hard wood, closing the already small space that it left with the frame, closing the small space that it left with Kibum.
 
Key stood for a while outside of the room. He knew for a fact that the small boy was peeking underneath the doorway, waiting for him to move so he could do whatever it is that he needed to do. Key didn't want to make the night any more uncomfortable, so he side-stepped away from view. As he walked to the kitchen to clean up, he almost considered returning the guest room and standing by the wall so Taemin will think that he was gone.
 
But he laughed.
 
It was behavior like that that could ruin his second chance.
 

 

Taemin finally eased his tense position on the floor when he heard the last of Kibum's faltering footsteps towards the front area. He raised up and threw himself on the bed, his leg resting on the cold metal. Almost instantly, the cool touch brought back memories. Memories of that day, they day where he just wanted to end it. The day where his life was saved just to clear the reputation of that god-awful school. The day where he finally made up his mind to just blend in and live his life...which was heard whenever everyone knew you.
 
And was against you.
 
He pulled the metal out from under his thigh and slowly rolled his fingers on the edge. He though about Key, how he had came from nowhere and now he is living in his house. It was strange, considering strangers don't just let strangers room with them. Does he know Key from somewhere? It must have been from before the accident, since everything before that time was just a foggy memory. 
 
Or, did Key have some sort of hidden goal with him? Did he want to hurt him? That couldn't have been it, Taemin thought. The poor man was afraid to even raise his voice. He must just feel bad. Yes, that is most definitely it.
 
Taemin wanted to believe that so badly.

 

The next morning, Key rose early to fix a big, yet somehow simple breakfast. He had fixed everything he was sure the younger male would like. When he had finished, he raced down to the guest room and knock a cute rhythm on the door. It took him a few minutes, but Taemin finally answered, angry and embarrassed. Angry because he was being awoken so early, and embarrassed because a complete ctranger was looking at his bed-hair and smelling his morning breath.
 
But Key didn't mind, or notice, he was too happy to have survived one night with his new friend. Now, he just questioned how long he could feel this happiness.

Oh, this is short but I didn't want to keep you guys waiting! I'm actually having a very hard time coming up with anything, which is upsetting since I had everything so carefully planned out. Or I thought so, anyways. But thank you for reading! And 6 subscribers already?! Thank you guys!