Day One

Endless Adventures

Yoseob unpacked everything into his apartment. "I need to find some new clothes. Maybe I'll go shopping...but I'm craving some black bean paste noodles....I'll get some of that first." he mumbled to himself, as he hung up the last of his clothes. He locked his apartment and saw a lady standing outside a van a few feet away, looking troubled. "Excuse me, do you need help?" he wondered. She jumped, startled. "Oh...no...but have you seen a girl with long hair, wearing a green hoodie and shorts?" Yoseob shook his head. "Why?" "Oh, it's nothing. Thank you though." she replied, bowing, before getting into the van. Yoseob smiled politely as he bowed, and he turned into an alley where he remembered the jajangmyeon place being. He looked around confused. Is it not here anymore?

"Ah...freedom!" Jieun exclaimed, as she let her arms flail in the wind. She had sucessfully escaped her manager. She grinned and started to skip. "This is the best day ever!" she exclaimed, as she skipped down the alleyway near where the van was. Her manager would've driven away by now. Suddenly, she caught her foot in a crack and fell. "Ah!" she screamed, as she felt a burn on her knee, and a sharp pain in her calves.

"Ah!" Yoseob turned, and saw a girl who was on the ground. He ran to her. "Are you okay?" he asked, quickly, bending down to her level. "Let me help you up." he said, as she grabbed her arm. She quickly jerked it away. "I-it's okay. I'm okay." she implied, as she tried to stand, but failed as she tried to get up on one leg only. She swore under her breath. Yoseob examined her leg, her knee looked scraped and she could barely stand up. He pouted. "I'll bring you to a doctor, okay?" "N-no! I can't! It's okay, I'm fine." "You sure? You don't look okay..." he implied, as he watched her struggle to get up. She finally gave up, and sat down abruptly. Yoseob held his hand out, and smiled kindly. She puffed out her lip and held her hand out. Yoseob smiled, and gently pulled her up, putting her arm around his shoulders. "My apartment is right there, you can stay there while I buy some stuff for your leg...I do have a few bandaids for your knee." Yoseob implied, as she limped, being supported by him. "No! Why? Why your house?" she asked, panicked. Yoseob sighed. This was going to be difficult, he just wanted to be helpful. "Okay, I just want to help you, and you're refusing to get your leg checked out. Do you not trust me?" he wondered, as he set her down on a bench. She shook her head, and looked up at him, sizing him up through her black sunglasses. He was cute, he had a baby-face. But she couldn't trust him. He grabbed his wallet from his back pocket, and showed her his ID. "I'm Yang Yoseob. I'm 23. My date of birth is _____. Anything else you need to know?" "What's your occupation?" "I'm a chef." She smiled. Suddenly, a thought popped up in her head. Maybe she could stay with him for the time being. Plus he must be able to cook well since he was a chef, so she wouldn't go hungry. And he was obviously innocent and kind-hearted. "Okay. I'll accept your generosity." she replied. Yoseob took a deep breath and smiled. "Good."

 

Jieun put the bandages on her knee and grimaced. She winced as she repositioned her foot. She pulled a muscle, her calf still hurt. How could Yoseob leave her alone? Didn't he know who she was? Suddenly, she realized...Yoseob hadn't asked about her at all. He only wanted to help her. She sighed, was he playing dumb? He was lucky, getting to meet a star! She wanted to look around his house, but she couldn't with the sharp pain in her foot. "How do I approach him? Yoseob. Can I stay at your place for a while? Recently, my house burned down and I lost everything. It was such a tragic experience. No no, that's too sad. Hm...Yoseob, I ran away from my manager because I need a vacation and you get the honors of spending time with me? No..." She pouted, and then looked around his living room. There wasn't much going on in here, she sat on a white couch, with a mahogany coffee table and a widescreen television. There was a large window on the wall next to the television, which overlooked the busier side of the city. Jieun could see her company building from here.

 

Yoseob unlocked his door, and the girl was napping on his couch. He smirked. "I must've taken a long time..." he implied, as he set down the bag on the table. He looked at the girl and sighed. "What am I going to do with you?" Yoseob wondered, pouting as he examined her. She hadn't taken off her sunglasses, and was still wearing her green hoodie. "Didn't that lady...ask if I saw a girl in a green hoodie?" Yoseob wondered aloud. "Could it be her?" He decided to awaken her, so her gently tapped her shoulder. She stirred, but didn't wake up. He shook her gently, and then she sat up, and took off her sunglasses. "Is someone looking for you?" Yoseob wondered, and she looked at him confused. "Uh..no..." "What's your name? I forgot to ask!" Yoseob suddenly implied, as he handed her a bottle of water. "You don't know who I am?" "No. I've never seen you before." "What?" "Yeah, I haven't met you before. I don't think I have." Jieun bit her lip. "Should I tell him who I am? Maybe if I stick to my real name he won't know..." Jieun thought. "I'm Jieun. Lee Jieun." "Oh, nice to meet you...Jieun." Yoseob said, as he held out his hand. She gave him an unusual look, and grabbed it. He shook it, and grinned.

"Where do you live?" Yoseob suddenly wondered. "What?" Jieun asked, raising an eyebrow. He looked at her with a serious expression on his face. Jieun bit her lip. Act! This is good practice for upcoming dramas! Jieun sighed, and Yoseob sat down next to her on the couch. She made her lips quiver and she slowly looked at Yoseob. "I don't have anywhere to live for a few days....I ran away from home....my parents are really strict..and this is my first time being out in a long while..it feels..." Jieun said, quietly, fiddling with her fingers as a few forced tears rolled down her cheeks. "Ah, what am I doing. I'm sorry. I shouldn't be opening up to a stranger like this. It's rude." she said, quickly wiping them and looking up at Yoseob. She got him. His eyes were concerned and he looked at her sadly. He gently laid his hands on her shoulder, a simple action that showed so much love and care. Jieun felt something inside of her stir, his eyes were so kind and he was so genuine. He smiled sadly at her. "If you'd like...you can stay here until it's time to approach your parents. Just a few days." Yoseob said, slowly. Jieun looked at him with a questioning look. "Really? I can?" he nodded. She pouted. "This is too much, I can't-" "It's okay. I don't have a lot to do since I just got here today." he replied, smiling brightly. Jieun perked up. "Are you sure?" He nodded, grinning. "Wah, thank you! Thank you thank you thank you! Can I hug you?" Jieun wondered, instantly jumping up, on her one good foot. Yoseob laughed as he stood up. "I suppose." She threw her arms around him tightly and embraced him. The hug was soon over as Yoseob set her on the couch. "Now let's get to your leg!" he implied, as he grabbed the bag on the table.

 

As Jieun showered, Yoseob changed out the already clean sheets on the bed so Jieun wouldn't feel unusual. He threw the old sheets into the laundry basket and looked at his room. "A few days won't be that bad. I still need to go job searching too...it's good to get settled in.." he mumbled to himself, as he exited the room. "Yoseob? Do you have any clothes I can sleep in?" Jieun asked, peeking her head out of the bathroom door. Yoseob stopped, and pouted. "I knew I forgot something!" he exclaimed, Jieun laughed as he ran to his closet. He grabbed a black tee and a pair of boxers, and handed them to her. "Boxers? Really?" Jieun scoffed and held up the boxers on her fingertips. Yoseob laughed. "What bottoms are you going to wear then? I can search for shorts if you'd prefer that! We can buy you real clothes tomorrow." Yoseob replied, as he held his hands out. Jieun smiled gratefully and dropped the boxers into his hands.

 

Jieun curled up against the body sized pillow, wrapping her arms around it. This bed was so comfortable compared to the one she had in her apartment. She felt like she was sleeping on a cloud, and as soon as her body had laid on the bed she realized how fatigued and strained she was from her busy schedule. Her limbs were sore from constant practice, she was constantly hungry and her eyelids were heavy frequently. "I could get used to this..." she mumbled, before closing her eyes and quickly falling asleep.