Waiting

Waiting - Soohyun
Waiting was the name of the game, waiting to get into the Idol Championships, waiting in the Idol Championships for your Idol to compete. Now you were waiting with Soohyun, down on the field with the other idols around all of you. Beth and you were really good friends with one another and with Soohyun. He asked you both to be his special guests to watch him at his events and to help him get ready.
"Hey you two~" He sung as his arms wrapped around your shoulders and hers.
"Hello, Mr. Idol." You said as he smiled at you, Beth was being rather quiet around him lately and you hadn’t had the slightest idea why.
"So what are we doing today?" You asked as you handed him a cool water bottle.

"Just waiting." Soohyun chuckled as Beth brought over an umbrella for him, so that he wouldn’t get so hot. "Thanks."

"Oppa?" She asked him as he turned to her giving her his undivided attention. You felt this pain in your chest growing but you had not the slightest idea why.

"Yes, Beth?" Soohyun said with his half smile as he pushed his hair away gently.

"I love you S-Soohyun." Beth finally said after taking several deep breaths. Soohyun just stood there, your heart hurt worse then before making it hard for you to breathe. Soohyun’s eyes blinked rapidly as he let a smile form on his face.

"Why didn’t you tell me sooner?" Soohyun got closer to Beth as you felt yourself getting more and more distant. Beth’s head gently lifted as she didn’t expect that answer.

"I-I thought you would be mad." Beth said as he shook his head and wrapped her in a hug. Your feet began to move back as you busied yourself with some of the other tasks that needed to be done. Tears filled your eyes as you knew that you could never compete with Beth, she was too pretty, too smart, just perfect for him. After Soohyun broke the hug with Beth he looked around for you, you were under a tent as you were checking the bows and arrows for the event.

”______?” You lifted your head just to put it back down as Soohyun called your name. “Is everything ok?” You just nodded as his hand gently rubbed your back. Taking a deep breath you just nodded your head as someone called him over, watching him walk away just made your heart hurt more.

When the day had come to a close you both waited for him to come out. Seeing his face just made you feel like crying again. Walking ahead of Beth and Soohyun you headed home. Soohyun was walking Beth home as you arrived home before Beth could. You locked yourself in your room with food and a movie as you heard the front door open and close as Beth sang random lyrics. She headed to her room as you stayed all cooped up in yours. You cried all night for Soohyun, knowing that your feelings for him were the same but that Beth had beat you to the confession. Now he was taken, you had to wait.

Weeks passed as you had gone out with Soohyun or Beth, just seeing them together or just him made you feel worse than before. Soohyun had become increasingly worried for you as he didn’t see you around anymore.

Hey ______. Is everything ok? Can we come over and talk? - SH

Yeah. I just need to be alone.

Texts like this were sent three times a day to you and you replied the same way to them. You really did want to be alone, but you didn’t want to see him. You were still too heart broken to do anything with them. You talked to your mom about this and that is who really helped you partially get over this break up thing.

Soohyun knew how close you were to your family, when you were in trouble and you had no one to turn to, you would always go to them. He made a few phone calls as he finally put together the pieces to the puzzle.

"She loved me all this time and I didn’t even think of her." Soohyun talked to himself trying to figure out what he could do to get you back. Weighing the options, who he loved more, Beth or You. That night he went to your place, that you shared with Beth. He walked to the back of your apartment as he climbed up the side of the apartment, just to the second floor as the veins on the side of the building gave him perfect foot and hand holds.

Gently knocking on your window, he pushed it open. He saw you on your bed with your head in your pillow, your shoulders gave away that you were crying. Stepping inside your room he gently sat on your bed as you felt the mattress dip. His hand pet your head gently as you looked up from your tear soaked pillow.

"What do you want?" You bitterly said as you propped yourself up with your hands.

"You." He said as you looked at him shocked, wanting an explanation. "________, I found out that you love me. I can’t imagine how much I hurt you. I am sorry. I have thought long and hard and I had to choose between Beth and you and I choose… you." His gaze never wavered from you as you sat up.

"What about her confession, you agreed to it." You said, dating back to the Idol Championships.

"I didn’t say anything I just hugged her. I wanted to see if the chemistry was there, you know the spark. But there wasn’t anything." He said as your memory served you right.

"But you shook your head." You pointed out.

"I wasn’t mad at her for telling me, to me it was just information. I though we could turn into something but nothing is there that was before I knew that you loved me. There is more with you that I feel than with her." You studied his face as he talked. Moving closer after he finished, you wrapped your arms around his broad shoulders resting your head on his shoulder. His arms wrapped around you happily as it just felt right.

It seemed that your waiting had paid off, he was with you and you were with him. Everything in that moment was perfect, more perfect than you had hoped for.