Behind Closed Doors

Interrupted Pleasures

"We're back!" Sunny and Taeyeon cheerfully exclaim in unison, piling through the front door hauling two white plastic bags, "I hope everybody's hungr-" 

"Shhhhh!" Taeyeon is stunned in
to silence from somewhere - someone- nearby. 

"Well that was a rude welcoming," 

They both hurry up the hall, eager to relieve their hands of the heavy possessions, until Sunny comes to a sudden halt. She shakes her head with absurdity at the scene in front of her. The scene being Hyoyeon crouched beside a door, the one she immediately recognises belonging to Sooyoung and Seohyun's room, with her ear pressed hard against the wood and her expression being the most focused Sunny has ever seen. She rubs her eyes, unsure if exhaustion has finally cursed her with hallucinations or she really is seeing this. 

She frowns, "What are you doing exactly?" 

"She's being Hyoyeon." Yoona interjects, scurrying towards the plastic bags still in their captor's grasp. She tugs at the plastic with her prying fingers, trying to sneak a peek when a dainty pale hand bats them away. Ignoring Yoona's defeated glower, Sunny proceeds to the kitchen, with Yoona pursuing like an obedient puppy. 

An unsubtle smirk forms on Taeyeon's lips, "That could mean a lot of things." She chimes, unloading the snack contents of the bag onto the kitchen work surface. Like a moth to a flame, a swarm of bodies scurry over from the living room, eager to devour whatever junk they can. Their personal trainers would be weeping by now. 

"She has this crazy idea in her head and she's determined to prove to us that she's right." Yuri nonchalantly replies retrieving a packet of rice cakes from the pile of not-so-healthy items sprawled across the polished granite. 

"What is she trying to prove exactly by sitting there like that?" Sunny scoffs, gesturing her hand towards the crouched girl. 

"Are you eavesdropping again? Because you know that's really annoyi-" Taeyeon adds, arms crossed, shaking her head at the crouched girl. 

"I'm doing it for a good reason." Hyoyeon hastily defends, flapping her hand in a hasty action to quieten the girls. 

Sunny raises an eyebrow, "In what situation does eavesdropping become a good thing?" 

The hunched girl's lips curl upwards into a very familiar grin, shifting her pensive appearance into something far more suggestive. 

The short girl's eyes narrow, "What's with that look?" 

"She's convinced Sooyoung and Seohyun are..."Yuri pauses, tilting her head to the side, "...well doing more than talking out their problems." 

"What does she mean by th-..." Taeyeon refrains herself, realising how absurd she's sounding. She turns to Hyoyeon with a look of pure derision, "Do you know how ridiculous you sound?" 

Self-assured, Hyoyeon arises from her crouched position, offering the non-believers her space as she backs away with the smug expression she knows is probably going to call for a punch sooner or later. Totally worth it, "Be my guest." 

Taeyeon turns to Sunny, her face being so easily readable; "Are we really going to give her the satisfaction?" 

Sunny studies her face like a well written book, she shrugs, "What's the harm in humouring her for just a little bit? Besides, I really want to see that stupid grin get wiped off her face." 

"Prepare to be disappointed my little Soonkyu." Hyoyeon is playing a dangerous game and she knows it by the icy glare Sunny fires back at her upon creeping closer to the door, with Taeyeon following suit. 

The two wait diligently for any sound, murmur, voices, anything that hints to what Hyoyeon is confidently asserting. The room hushes as the other girls adhere to their curiosity; keeping the crunches of potato chips to an absolute minimum. 

A string of slow minutes pass and no sound from behind the door has appeared, much to Hyoyeon's displeasure. She resorts to gently leaning back on the wall, trying to ignore Sunny's irritating victory grin at the corner of her eye. She begins to lose hope. 

 

I am not going to hear the end of this...

"P-please don't leave a mark!" Seohyun's fraught voice is barely discernible, but there is no doubt that the occupancy of the living room can hear it amongst the deathly silence. A few giggles emanate from the majority of the living room. Sunny waves them off, still unconvinced. 


She looks up to Hyoyeon, who's by no surprise looking extremely proud of herself. 

"Oh come on, that could mean anything." Sunny conveys in a hushed tone. 

"Why not Seohyun-ah? I would really love to mark my territory."

Jackpot. Pay up Lee Sookyu.


"Looks like you missed your chance, too bad." Yoona chimes as she strolls past, oblivious to the older girl's narrow eyed scowl.  

Over my dead body.

With a mischievous glint in her eyes, she lunges to the door, hand at the ready to grasp the handle when her wrist is forcefully grabbed and tugged away. She cowers at Tiffany's austere face, ceasing her struggling to escape the captors hold on her. 

"Hell no, you aren't just going to waltz in there and cause trouble." 

"B-but..." 

"Just it up. This is happening whether you like it or not." 

Tugging at her wrist still in Tiffany's strong hold, "Urgh fine, fine. Just stop with the man handling would you?" 

"Good girl." And with that Tiffany releases her captive with an overly pleasant smile, one that even Hyoyeon couldn't escape its allure. She watches Tiffany skip gleefully over to the sofa, curling up beside Yuri underneath the pink duvet which has undeniably been retrieved from Tiffany's bed. 

Jessica leans over the back of the armchair, a piece of store bought kimbap is balancing on her lip, "So are you just going to sit there all night and listen in like some ert?" To some that may seem like an insult, but throughout the dorm the word is thrown around enough to be considered usual vocabulary, "You know that's just going to disappoint you more." 

Hyoyeon sighs, giving the door a longing glance once more before trudging over to the sofa occupied by the two shorties, "I guess you're right." She mumbles, abruptly cramming herself between the two bodies.  

At least I proved you all wrong; I enjoyed my moment of glory.

"She just wants something to fantasize about later when she goes to bed." Sunny explains giddily, earning some immature snickers.

Taeyeon grins, "Geez, how deprived are you?" Leaving a pouting Hyoyeon who's refusing to answer and instead breaks off a moderate chunk of the girl's chocolate bar, wiping the smile right off of the possessor's face. 

Frustrated is more accurate.

"All this time we've tried to make Seohyun see an interest in guys, and to find that she just bats for the other team..."

"She was our last hope to gain a brother-in-law."  

And what is that supposed to mea-Oh yeah, that makes sense now.

"Well I certainly got the vibe off of Sooyoung." 

"Really?" Yoona blurts from across the room, sounding a little more surprised than she intended. 

"Definitely. She only shows a particular interest to guys on broadcast, you know to keep the media happy and all, any other time she's all about girls."

A chortle escapes from Tiffany, "Jessi, your gaydar must be malfunctioning." 

"Oh yeah, then explain that." 

"Stress relief?" 

"She could have done that by herself." 

"But where's the fun in that?" Jessica winks. 

"I think I can agree with Sica...well the first thing she said." 

"You do?" 

"Yeah, I see the way she looks at other women, even us, like Hyoyeon does...just in a less seedy way." 

"Hey!" Hyoyeon hues, mouth unattractively full of rice cake.

"Oh come on, don't pretend you're offended. Just the other week I complained it was too hot and you suggested I take a cold shower." 

Now folding her arms in a huff, "I was being considerate." 

"With you so you could, and I quote, thoroughly exfoliate me." Taeyeon explains, eyebrow raised. 

Well it's lonely if I shower by myself.

"We could have saved water." Hyoyeon smugly counters, flashing a proud grin at the not so impressed Taeyeon, who gives her shoulder a playful shove. 

"So what do we do about this?" Sunny inquires amongst the friendly scuffle, pointing to the door. 

"You make it sound like it's a problem."

"Of course it's not, in fact I'm happy maknae finally got some, I was just thinking about how we should react to it." 

Taeyeon looks beyond the sulking Hyoyeon, "I'm not following." 

Tiffany shares her confusion, "Yeah, me neither." 

"I mean, do we keep the fact that we know about this a secret from them or just acknowledge it openly." Sunny further explains, receiving looks of understanding from the group. 

"What like give Sooyoung a well deserved pat on the back for doing such a swell job at satisfying Seo-baby?" Yuri smirks, clearly finding her own sarcasm amusing, along with Tiffany who is snickering beside her. 

Sunny sighs, glowering at the joyous dark haired girls."You know what I mean." 

"Well from the sounds of it I would say they are trying to keep it hidden." 

"Well they aren't doing a very good job." 

"I don't see why they are keeping it so hidden in the first place."

"It's not like we would look down upon them or anything. We aren't like that; we're all pretty comfortable around each other and it's not like any of us mind, right?" The girls nod in agreement. Living together for almost three years has obviously compelled them to feel at ease around each other. 

"Well except for Hyoyeon."

"Hey! I don't care; Seohyun can whoever she wants." She earns a quick slap on the shoulder from Taeyeon.

Tiffany flashes a stern look, "Language!" 

"Kim Hyoyeon, you are so jealous, it's so adorable." 

"Well who wouldn't be, Lee Soonkyu."  

Am I jealous? I do feel jealous...

"I'm not jealous per say, more...," Sunny pauses for thought, "...surprised."

"I think we all are." Taeyeon adds, speaking for the whole group.

"Our little Seohyun is growing up." 

Geez, what's with the mushy sentiments? She's only twenty.

The girls are stunned into silence as a high pitched moan is heard coming from the only occupied bedroom in the dorm. 

"Whoa, these walls are pretty thin." 

All heads turn in the direction of Yuri. "We know." 

"I'm not surprised you haven't realised how thin these walls are." Sunny stares at the dark haired girl, eyebrow up with an evocative grin forming on her lips. 

Yuri snickers, completely clueless, "And why's that?" 

Tiffany motions to stop her. Too late. 

"Because we are always on the receiving end of you and Fany's damn screaming!" 

"Oh god..." Tiffany puts her head in her hands, humiliated. 

"It's not my fault she's so loud," Yuri states almost smugly, unaffected by the slew of embarrassment the girl beside her is currently swimming in, "Just means I know how to please a woman." 

"Somebody please kill me..." Tiffany mumbles into her palms.

"And we aren't that loud, you were probably listening in like some voyeur." 

"I had no choice but to listen in, your room is right next to ours!" 

Yuri crosses her arms in finality, her face full of the irritating smugness she's so fond of, "Put in earplugs next time." 

"There's not going to be a next time." Tiffany states sincerely. 

"Wha-why?" Yuri whines, pouting excessively. 

"Look at that face! It's like somebody took away her candy." Yoona blurts out; mouth agape in an infamous alligator fashion as she eyes the broken-heartedness on Yuri's doleful face.  

I feel your pain Yuri; somebody took away my candy to.

Taeyeon rolls her eyes at the almost tearful dark haired girl, "Tiffany, we beg of you, please don't deprive her or else we will never hear the end of it." 

"Yeah, it's hard enough fending off Hyoyeon." Yoona adds, stuffing a handful of chips into the pit of . 

Hyoyeon scoffs, wielding that overconfident smirk, "And who say's I would make the move on you?"
"Oh please, you would mount anything that moves." 

"Urgh fine, I won't deprive her. You owe me. And you..." She leans towards Yuri, pressing her full lips against the latter's ear,"...better make it up to me later." 

As general chatter passes between the girls, the intimate sounds emerging from beyond the sacred door start to dwindle until they hush to complete silence. 

"It's pretty quiet in there now." 

Yoona scoffs, "They finished already? That kid has no stamina." 

"Says you." Jessica sneers out loud absentmindedly, a lot louder than she intended, earning a glare from the doe-eyed girl currently searching the seemingly empty bag of chips for any remnants. 

Ascending from her comfortable position underneath the warmness of the blanket, Yuri rises to her feet, drawing attention from the other girls, "While this is fun and all, some people have early schedules tomorrow." 

"No, come on just stay up a little longer." Sunny whines, letting just a tad bit of aegyo slip in with her plea. 

Yuri cringes at the forced display of cuteness, certainly not a good way of convincing her, "What's the point? The good parts already over, there's nothing to listen in on anymore." 

"Just stay until one of them comes out, it's just a matter of time before Shikshin's early morning cravings kick in so there's no doubt that she'll come out soon." 

Nah, she probably got her fill of Seohyun already. 

Stretching her arms towards the ceiling, Yuri exhales a tired sigh, though still having enough energy to flash Sunny a cocky smile, "What are we going to do? Give her a cookie?" 

"Not exactly, she ate all of them last night. No, I think it's time we had our fun with this situation."