It's Nothing Without Trust.

It's Nothing Without Trust.

Coming!”, you yelled as you ran to open the door.

You were greeted by a really pretty woman. She was about 5’5, had long, straight, black hair, pale skin, big, round, doll eyes, a cute little nose and thin, light pink lips to top it all off. Somehow, she made you feel really inadequate about yourself.

H-hello”, you said.

Hello. Does Kyungsoo live here by any chance?”, she asked. Wow, even her voice was pretty.

U-uh, he’s actually out right now and won’t be home until later tonight”, you replied.

Oh, that’s too bad. Will you tell him Ara stopped by?”, she asked politely, handing you her name card. 

O-oh okay”, you stuttered, taking the card.

That has my contact information on there. Well, it was nice meeting you”, she said smiling and shook your hand.

It was nice meeting you too, have a safe trip back”, you said as you watched her walk off and get into her car.

Ara, huh? I wonder who she is”, you said to yourself as you closed the door, looking at the card.

———

You were setting up the table for dinner. Kyungsoo was checking on the lasagna.

Almost done”, he said, satisfied.

Oh yeah babe! I almost forgot. Someone came by today asking for you. She gave me a name card, hold on I’ll go grab it”, you said as you walked off to get the card.

Here”, you said handing it to him.

His face turned a little pale.

A-Ara..? When did she come by?”, he asked.

Hmm, maybe around noon? Who is she?

He didn’t answer you.

I’ll be back in a second”, he said as he quickly grabbed his phone and stepped outside.

Maybe she’s someone from work..”, you thought to yourself as you finished setting up the table.

———

Hey babe, maybe we should go out to watch a movie Saturday night. We haven’t been able to spend much time with each other lately”, you suggested as you grabbed a pillow and sat down on the couch.

U-uh, I’ll be busy with work”, he replied.

Jeez, again?”, you pouted.

I’m sorry, I promise I’ll make it up to you. How about I make your favorite dessert tonight?”, he offered.

You got yourself a deal mister!”, you said giggling.

His phone went off. He looked at the name and excused himself, stepping outside again.

He’s been doing that a lot lately ever since…”, you thought, but you didn’t want to jump to conclusions.

———

Here’s dessert! Your favorite”, Kyungsoo said proudly as he brought over the cake.

You clapped excitedly, but your face dropped when he placed the cake down. It was a cheesecake drizzled in chocolate, topped with sliced strawberries.

What, does it look ugly or something?”, he asked.

N-no, it’s just that red velvet brownies are my favorite…”, you said softly, fearing the worst.

Whose favorite were you thinking about?”, you asked without thinking, looking up at him.

What?”, he asked, confused.

Haha, I was just kidding, it looks delicious”, you lied as you quickly cut a piece of the cake.

Don’t joke around like that”, he said sternly as he sat down and cut himself a slice.

You ate the cake with a heavy heart.

———

Oh! Babe wait! You almost forgot your phone!”, you said as you ran to give Kyungsoo his phone.

You unintentionally looked at the screen because someone had just sent him a text.

Ara: hey, we’re still on for tonight right? ;)

Kyungsoo quickly grabbed the phone in a rush, not noticing that you saw the text.

I’ll be home late tonight okay babe? You don’t have to wait up for me”, he said as he gave you a kiss on the cheek.

You watched him walk out the door in a hurry.

Ara again, huh…

———

Not wanting to stay home and mope, you decided to get dolled up and go walk around downtown and look at the lights. That always made you feel better. You curled your hair, put on your best dress and put a bit of make up on and were out the door.

Ahh, it feels so nice to finally be out of the house on a Saturday night again”, you said as you took a deep breath of the crisp, fall air.

You started to walk around randomly looking around at the lights.

Wahh, everything’s so pretty. I miss coming here just to walk around and look at the lights…”, you said softly to yourself.

You were starting to feel a lot better when suddenly, your eyes fell upon a certain couple. They looked really familiar so you slowly walked a little closer to get a better view.

Kyungsoo stop it!”, the woman said laughing, hitting the man’s arm.

Without realizing it, you were closer than you had originally planned to get.

Kyungsoo?”, you said a little too loudly, surprised by what she had said.

The couple turned to face you. It was Kyungsoo and Ara. Your heart dropped. What you feared the most was true. You instantly turned around and walked away as fast as you could. You didn’t want to believe what you had just saw. Just then you heard Kyungsoo calling after you. You ran into a huge crowd of people, in hopes of losing him. It worked, you got to your car with Kyungsoo no where in sight. Your phone rang, it was him. You didn’t pick up. You turned off your phone, taking the battery out while you were at it. You didn’t want to go back home; you refused.

You ended up spending the night at a friend’s house. You didn’t tell her what happened, just that you two were fighting and you didn’t want to be around him right now. The next day you your phone. 100+ phone calls, voicemails, and texts from Kyungsoo. Suddenly your phone went off again when you were scrolling through the messages, and you accidentally picked up.

WHERE ARE YOU?!”, he screamed through the phone. 

I’m around”, you said passively.

WHY DID YOU TURN YOUR PHONE OFF?! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW WORRIED I WAS ABOUT YOU?!

Ha, so now you’re worried about me?”, you said sarcastically, chuckling a bit. Without even realizing it, tears were already rolling down your cheeks as you spoke.

Babe, please don’t be like this. Come back home so we can talk about this and clear up this mess. Please”, he begged, desperation carved in every word.

You covered your mouth to muffle the sound of your crying and quickly hung up without answering. You started crying uncontrollably. You cursed yourself for trusting him so much, and cursed at him for taking advantage of your trust. You cried until you couldn’t anymore. You went to wash your face as you made up your mind. You were done crying, you were over being sad, now you just wanted answers.

———

You opened the door to the apartment and Kyungsoo sprang to his feet. He quickly ran over to you and hugged you.

Don’t touch me”, you said as you pushed him off.

Please don’t be like this, let me explain”, he pleaded.

Please do, I really want to hear what bull excuse you came up with”, you spat.

She’s my exgirlfriend…”, he began. You felt anger and tears start to build up instantly.

My first love actually”, he continued with a pained expression. A tear rolled down your face as you tried to keep your composure.

She wants to make things right between us and try again.." he finished.

That did it, there was no stopping the tears now. You raised your hand, ready to slap his face. He flinched, ready to receive the slap, but you put your hand back down. You took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, trying to calm your anger.

So what are you going to do”, you asked as calmly as you could even though your voice was shaking.

I-I don’t know. I need some time to think about this..”, he answered, not meeting your eyes.

Some time?”, you scoffed. He looked at you.

Well, let me make it easier for you since it seems like you never cared about me in the first place”, you said as you turned around to leave.

No, don’t say that! I love you”, he said grabbing your arm. You shook him off.

If you really loved me, you wouldn’t have had second thoughts. You wouldn’t have wavered. Therefore, don’t say something you don’t mean and just go back to her”, you said, not looking back at him.

I wish you two the best and nothing but happiness”.