The Name I Loved

The Name I Loved [~]

 

Rain poured heavily and the dark clouds covered the sunlight on that day. It kept pouring for non-stop ever since in the morning. The sound of the waters dropping and the cold breeze that made the person in a house to shiver of coldness. His eyes were filled with fresh liquids and rolled down on his cheeks.

 

The rainy day reminded him of the tragedy that happened in the past; though it has been almost two years.

 

The memories that he shared with her.

 

He stood there; beside the window, staring at the outside and tried much to hold his tears from falling again.

 

He missed her.

 

He missed every single thing about her.

 

Looking down on a table beside him, a picture of him with her; both of them were smiling to show how happy they were on that time to be together.

 

But past is past. He couldn't do anything. Everything left in memories.

 

He cried.

 

 


 

 

Kris slept on the bed beside his beloved wife. They've been married almost for three days and he just didn't know how happy he was to know the woman that he loved was belonged to him. Two years being in a relationship and Kris had his courage to propose and marry her. He didn't have to worry much anymore when the fact he owned her; officially.

 

"Honey, wake up!" You poked on his cheek many times, wanted to make your husband to open his eyes when you realized that it was early in the morning. Kris didn't respond.

 

"It's early in the morning~" You sang while your fingers crawled on his shoulder, poking on it. You ended up to pout when Kris just hummed.

 

His lips curled upwards a bit when he saw you pouted and he quickly peck on your lips, caused you to gasp.

 

"Good morning, baobei," Kris greeted with his smile. You chuckled, "Good morning, honey."

 

"Did you sleep well?"

 

"Too well because you're by my side," you answered him with a giggle. Kris let out a soft chuckle at your words, "You're so cheesy."

 

"You taught me to be like this, don't you?"

 

"I'm not. I guess, you're learning this too much from Luhan," Kris' arm found the way to wrap around your waist and pulled you closer to him; made your back crushed with his chest. "Sometimes."

 

"You're not going to see my friends anymore, especially Luhan."

 

"Tch, you're just jealous." You slapped on his arm but he just hugged you tighter and kissed your hair, "I'm jealous because you're mine and always mine. Got it?"

 

"I know that, honey." You smiled sweetly and pecked on his lips.

 

 


 

 

"Kris! It's time for breakfast!" You shouted from the kitchen while preparing for the breakfast. The big shirt that you wore belonged to Kris and you just loved to use it. It made you to feel more comfortable with it and Kris did say that he liked to see you in his shirt. Kris sneaked behind you and wrapped his arm around your waist, made you to flinch.

 

"Honey! You're scaring me!" You said with a pout but he laughed at you and rested his chin on your shoulder, "Sorry, baobei. But, I love to give you surprise."

 

"I might get heart attack because of you, okay?" You joked but Kris kissed on your cheek, "My pretty baobei~"

 

"Go and sit, Kris. I'm cooking right now."

 

"But I want to help you," Kris tried to take the knife from your hand but you shook your head; not letting him. "I'll do it. You'll burn the whole kitchen."

 

"I'm not!" Kris pouted when he dragged his legs to the dining table, sitting on of the chair. You giggled to see his face and went to give him a soft kiss, "Stop pouting. You look ugly with it." You teased before continued to cook. Kris chuckled at you. You just knew how to and everything that you did made him to love you more.

 

"How is it?" You asked when Kris fed himself the food that you cooked. He tasted it and you waited for him to respond but there was no words escaped from his lips. You frowned, "Tell me, is it bad?"

 

Kris shook his head and smiled, "This tastes better than my own cook!"

 

"Of course I am! Be proud that you have me as your wife," you stuck your tongue out teasingly and he pinched your nose, "So, my wife is teasing me, uh? You better treat me well," Kris replied and fed you the food. You shrugged while munching the food in your mouth, "No promises, sir. I'll tease whenever I want."

 

Kris sighed, "I wonder you can be so naughty these days. I guess, my friends taught you to be like this."

 

"You got it right!"

 

Kris palmed his face, "I'm so going to punish them."

 

You giggled before eating the food in your plate, "Honey.."

 

"Hm?" Kris hummed when he took a sip of his drink. "Will you be free tonight?"

 

"Most probably. Why?"

 

"I'll be cooking for dinner tonight," you told him. Kris tried to remember about his schedule and wanted to make sure that he could be home early in the evening. He nodded his head, "Sure. I'll try to be home early. I'll call you in case I'll be late. You know, we're still busy practicing for our comeback."

 

You carved a smile for him and rested your hand on his, "It's okay. Just tell me if you can't make it."

 

"I will, dear." Kris patted on your head softly, curling his lips upwards.

 

The time passed and you even cooked to have dinner together with Kris. You cooked the foods and were hoping that he would be home on time. Once you had finished to prepare the dinner, your phone rang. You hurriedly went to pick up the call and saw Kris' name appeared on the phone screen. You smiled.

 

"Yoboseyo?"

 

"Baobei, I'm sorry. I think I won't be home early today. We need to extend the time to practice more." Kris sounded frustrated through the phone. Your smile faded, "Ah, really? It's okay, honey. Just continue with your practice. Don't rush when you're going home."

 

"Arraseo. Again, sorry that I couldn't make it to have dinner with you."

 

"Don't mind about it, honey. It's okay. Really."

 

"Alright then. See you later at home. I love you," Kris said the last three words for you. Your smile appeared again on your face to hear it, "I love you too," you replied before ended up the phone call.

 

You sighed when your eyes landed on the foods that you cooked. You knew that you had to eat it alone that night because Kris might be home late and most probably he was going to be too tired to eat the foods that you made.

 

Kris opened the main door and entered the house without making any noises. It was dark when he entered his house and he could see by the help of the small lamp. Kris put the keys on a table and saw you were laying on a couch, sleeping peacefully. His lips formed a small smile to see that you were waiting for him until you fell asleep. He moved toward you and examined your face.

 

"I'm home," he whispered before pecking on your cheek. He caressed your face and stood up. He decided not to wake you up because he knew that you must be tired to wait for him.

 

Kris dragged his legs lazily to the kitchen. He saw the foods that you made for him and she even kept some of it for him. Kris felt sorry to see how hard you tried to cook for him and the fact he couldn't make it to eat with you.

 

Kris took a seat on a chair and grabbed a plate before taking some foods to eat. He didn't want to make any noises and ate the foods. He admitted that those foods tasted so good and he never regretted eating it.

 

He helped to clean all the dishes and clear the table though he was too tired on that time. Once he had done, he headed to the  living room and went to you. Slowly, he carried you in bridal style and brought you to the room. He laid you on the bed carefully and pulled the blanket to cover yourself.

 

He brushed the bang from covering your face and caressed your cheek with the back of his hand. He bent down to kiss on your forehead.

 

With then, Kris went to take a shower in the bathroom; before laying his tired body beside you on the comfy bed. He pulled you closer to him and wrapped his arm around your waist. Slowly, he fell asleep beside you.


 


 

 

Seven months has passed and you were still happy with the marriage. Kris would be taking a leave to bring you out and spend his free time with you. He did bring you to the amusement park and both of you enjoyed the time together. Your love on him grew more and more when he treated you very well as his own wife. He would be there to protect you and make you to feel happy every single day.

 

Until one day, you realized that you weren't being comfortable as before. You always get weak and felt lazy to do anything. You easily get tired over everything you did. You would get dizzy when Kris wasn't at home and there was a time when your nose was bleeding so much and you had no idea what was happening on you. But you decided not to tell Kris about it or you were going to make him feel worried about you since he needed to focus with his new comeback.

 

You were in the living room, watching a show in the television until you felt uncomfortable with your body. It has been a week you were being like that.

 

You ran to the bathroom when you felt like something was about to come out from your mouth. You vomited and felt the pain in your head. The pain hurt you a lot in the head and sometimes your vision would get blurry.

 

You rinsed your mouth and looked at the reflection of yourself in the mirror. Your face became pale and you started to worry about yourself. What if I'm suffering because of disease? No. It can't be. I must be too tired these days, that's all.

 

Without thinking much, you grabbed your handbag and rushed to leave the house. You just needed to see a doctor.

 

You wanted to make sure that you weren't suffering any diseases and you were going to be alright.

 

You kept telling yourself that it was nothing to be worried about.

 

 


 

 

"…B-Brain cancer?" You asked after the doctor explained to you. He sighed because he knew that you would be shocked to hear it.

 

"I'm sorry to say this but yes, it's brain cancer. From the test that we made last few days ago, the result showed that you're suffering the brain cancer and currently, it's on the stage 3."

 

"Stage 3?" You bit your cheeks inside, trying to be strong enough to hear more explanation from him. The doctor nodded his head, "Those symptoms that you're having at the moment are caused by the cancer."

 

"C-Can it be cured? Is there any ways to cure this disease, doctor?"

 

"I can't say yes and be sure with it but there's still a chance for you to undergo the treatments in order to cure the disease."

 

You froze. You didn't know what to do. You felt you were lost. You thought it wasn't a serious thing but it turned to be a disease that might cause to death. Your eyes were teary and you bit your lip hardly.

 

You didn't know how to tell Kris about it. You didn't know what would happen if one day you have to leave him.

 

The doctor knew that you were too shocked to know the truth. It was hard for you to believe it, knowing that probably you wouldn't get any chance to cure from the disease.

 

You went back home, sitting on the couch and stared blankly at the front. Your eyes landed on the picture frame of you and Kris. He kissed your cheek in that picture and you seemed so happy with it. Your tears rolled down and palmed your face.

 

You cried.

 

Cried to think all of the memories that you shared with Kris. You kept questioning yourself. Why it must be you to suffer the disease? Why you were the only one?

 

And there was the only way you could do. You needed to hide it from Kris, stayed strong and tried to fight with the disease.

 

Because you wanted to be by his side; forever.

 


 

 

It was your first anniversary and you reminded Kris about it. Kris told you that he would try his best to be home early since it was the first anniversary and he didn't want to disappoint you like what happened last time. He kissed you before leaving the house to start his daily routine and practice for his group comeback.

 

That evening, you took out everything that you needed and put it on the table. You decided to give Kris a surprise since it was the first anniversary so a surprise would be great to celebrate it together. You cooked his favorite food and decorated the dining table with red cloth and a few candles. It was going to be candle-light dinner between you and him.

 

While waiting for the last food in the microwave to be cooked, you headed straight to the living room, decorating the floor with roses petals to light up the romantic mood. You knew, the scent of the roses would make the dinner to become more perfect.

 

You went back to the kitchen to serve the foods once everything had done. Just a few minutes, Kris would be back home as he sent you a text message; telling that he was on his way home.

 

But then, you felt dizzy and you felt like the world was spinning. You held at the edge of the counter, trying to balance yourself. You shut your eyes before opening it again and blinked a few times.

 

You coughed and quickly headed to the bathroom.

 

You kept coughing and bent down at the sink. You felt uncomfortable with yourself and you vomited; feeling the pain in your head at the same time.

 

"..Don't tell me it's back again," you held your head and looked at your reflection in the mirror. Your head became painful again and you had to hold it before washing your face with the water.

 

"I'm okay. I will be okay," you whispered to yourself and dried your face with a small towel.

 

Kris arrived at his home on time and opened the main door with a smile plastered on his face. He saw the floor was decorated with roses petals and he could tell that you changed everything to make the mood become romantic. He saw you were standing not far from him, wearing his white shirt that looked big on you.

 

"Seriously, Park Inhye? You did this?" Kris asked as he entered the house and put down the keys on the table. His right arm was holding a bouquet of red roses that he bought. You walked toward him and nodded your head, "Yeah. I was thinking to give you a surprise on our first anniversary."

 

He smiled before handing you the roses behind him. You were a bit shocked to see your favorite flower that he bought for you, "K-Kris.."

 

"Happy Anniversary, baobei," Kris said before kissed on the lips softly. You smiled between the kiss and thanked him for it. You did wish him the same and his lips curled upwards, "Is there any surprise for me?" He asked. You nodded your head and helped him to take off his jacket before pulling his and brought him to the dining room. He saw that you've decorated the dining table with everything and he smiled widely to see how you managed to do it by yourself; alone.

 

"You just know how to make me love you more," Kris kissed your nose before leading you to the table. Being a gentleman, Kris helped to pull a chair for you and waited until you took a seat on it. He pushed the chair a bit and went to sit opposite with you.

 

"So, you made pasta for our dinner? I love it," Kris' words made you to smile and both of you started to eat. There was a moment when he would be staring at your face between the light of the candle.

 

His eyes were shining because of the light. His smile and good-looking face.

 

You carved a smile to see his face. And it made him to chuckle. "Why are you staring at me for so long?"

 

You felt shy for being caught to stare at his face; longer than he does on you, "Nothing. I just felt like to look at you."

 

"Because I'm too handsome and you can't handle with it?"

 

You rolled your eyes, "Stop praising yourself, okay." Kris laughed to see how you reacted over his words. Both of you shared the moment together and he even told you some funny stories about what happened between him and his friends during their time to practice.

 

Once both of you had done with the dinner, you wanted to wash the dishes but Kris told you not to do so because he got another plan to do with you. He intertwined his fingers with yours before bringing you to the living room. He let you to sit on the couch when he went to play a song from the music player. Then, he came back to you and held your right hand in his big hand. He let your other hand to rest on his shoulder before wrapping his arm around your waist.

 

The music was played.

 

Both, you and Kris danced to the song; slowly.

 

He rested his forehead on yours and smiled when you were feeling shy to stare back at him.

 

"Kris, this is so embarrassing. I don't even know how to dance," you whispered but he didn't care with it. "You don't have to feel in that way because only both of us, in this house, dancing to this song."

 

Kris tucked your hair behind your ear, "You don't know how lucky I am to have you as my wife."

 

"How lucky I am to be by your side," he continued. He wrapped his arms around waist and rested his chin on your shoulder. Your arms did the same like him; wrapping around his waist and you could smell his scent; his cologne and you loved it.

 

"I'm happy to have you in my life. Having you by my side is the best thing ever in my life," you said under your breathe and closed your eyes.

 

"Kris.." You called. "Hm?" He hummed with his arms were still around your waist.

 

"If one day I have to leave you, will you ever be able to smile like always?"

 

Kris broke the hug and stared at you with a frown, "Why you're asking me such of question like this?"

 

You smiled, "Just asking. Answer me, please."

 

Kris pulled you into a hug again and caressed your hair, "Of course I won't. You're the reason for me to smile."

 

"But you can't be crying for me if I have to leave you one day. You have to smile and be the same as always."

 

"Honey, why you're saying something like this?" Kris frowned; not letting you go. You felt guilty to ask him the question but you had to. You didn't want him to be sad when you were gone. When you were no longer by his side to comfort him and make him smile. Kris haven't know the truth and you hided it from him. You pretended you were alright in front of him and told him that you were okay when he saw you looked so pale and easily get headache.

 

"Promise me, Kris. Promise that you'll keep smiling even though I'm no longer in this world." Your tears fell on your cheeks without him noticing it. Kris shook his head, "How am I suppose to smile if you're not by my side? You're my other half. I can't live without you."

 

"You can't say that, Kris. You have to promise me. Never give up with your life just because of me." You pulled away to look at him. He frowned to see your tears and wiped it away, "Why you're crying?"

 

"Promise me, honey?" You held his cheek and Kris just nodded his hesitantly. He looked at you, "Are you alright? It seems like you're hiding-"

 

"I'm alright, Kris. Really. I was just thinking to ask you those questions. That's all. Nothing to be worried about." You gave him an assuring smile. He your hair with his lips curled upwards, "Of course I'm worried about you. You're my wife."

 

You faked your smile. The pain in your heart hurt you even more to hear those words that escaped from his lips. Soon, he might be losing his beloved wife that was standing in front of him. He wouldn't be able to see your smile, your tears and your laughter.

 

If you only you know that I'm fighting with my disease. Will you be able to show that smile to me? I'm sorry, Kris. I can't tell you the truth. I just want to see that smile until my last breathe. I might leave you after this and I won't be able to see that smile anymore.

 

"I love you, Kris," you said those words and your eyes were teary, falling down on your cheeks. Kris wiped it away with his thumbs, "I love you too, Inhye," he replied. "Don't cry please. It's hurt to see you being like this," he continued before kissing you on the lips. You closed your eyes and kissed him back, with tears fell again on your cheeks.

 

 


 

 

Day by day, you could feel the pain. You were getting skinny and the pain that you had to bear in your head. But you never showed it in front you husband. Kris did notice with your sudden change on your body and you told him that you were too tired and didn't get enough sleep. Kris seemed to trust with your words when you told him that you were okay.

 

You started to lose hope when the doctor told you that your diseased has reached stage 4. Words couldn't describe how pain it was to know that you wouldn't be longer in this world. And you felt even hopeless when the doctor told you that you had a few months to live. Though, he did give you motivation to fight with it and never give up. You had lost a few of your memories and couldn't remember a few things that happened in the past.

 

There was a time you wanted to fight it but then, there was a time where you wanted to give up and didn't want to hope anymore. You had to swallow the medicines to endure with the pain.

 

You were staying alone in your house and did all of the house chores alone; bearing with the pain.

 

But it started to be worst when you vomited again. Your eyes were pooled with tears to see with your own condition that became weak again. You couldn't hold it anymore. Your knees felt so weak and you had to grip at the edge of a table to support yourself.

 

The vision was getting blurry. You forced yourself to be strong but you couldn't until you heard a familiar voice shouted for your name.

 

You knew that it was Kris' voice. He was home.

 

All you could see was his figure, running to you when he saw you fell on the floor. And by that time, your vision turned to black.

 

 


 

 

You opened your eyes slightly and looked around. Until your eyes landed on Kris' who was sleeping with his head rested on the bed. You knew that you were in a hospital and Kris must be the one who brought you there. Just when your hand touched his hair, he woke up and lifted his head to look at your pale face. His eyes were swollen, probably cried a lot to see your condition.

 

"…Kris," his name escaped from your lips when your right hand reached to touch his cheek. Kris put his hand on yours, staring into your eyes.

 

"Why did you hide it from me?" Kris' eyes were filled with tears. You could tell that he already knew the truth about your disease. The doctor must be telling him everything about it.

 

"So, you already know about it?" Kris nodded his head and he held your hand tighter, "You should tell me earlier. Not hiding it from me. The doctor told me it has reached stage 4," Kris said.

 

Your tears rolled down on your cheeks to see him crying in front you, "I'm sorry. I didn't want you to be worried about me.. I want you to focus with your career."

 

"But you're more important. Your health. I should have realize that you're suffering this disease from before."

 

Kris kissed your hand, "If only I can give my life to you, I'll do that. I'll do anything as long as you'll be alright."

 

"I'm no longer beautiful like before, Kris. I'm getting skinny, my face becomes pale and I hate to see myself in the mirror.." You sniffed. Kris pulled you into a hug, "No. Don't say like that, dear. You're not. For me, you're pretty in my eyes, always will. Trust me, you'll be okay."

 

Kris pulled away and caressed your wet cheeks. You couldn't stop crying to see his face. You felt like you didn't have much time to be with him and all you wanted to do was spending your time with him until the last breathe.

 

"…I might leave you, one day. And you won't be seeing me by your side."

 

"Don't say something like that. You're not going to die. There's a lot of thing that I want to do with you." Kris locked his fingers with yours, "I want to live with you until the rest of my life, having our own kids and be with you until we get old."

 

You chuckled at his words though tears were still flowing down. He caressed your cheek with the back of his hand, "I've been hoping for the same thing too. Those are the things that I want to do so badly in my life…With you.." You replied.

 

"But I don't have much time to be-" Kris placed his finger on your lips, stopping you from continuing your words, "Don't say it. It hurts me a lot to hear about it. Please, be strong for the sake of our love. I know, you can bear with it. And I'm here to do anything I can as long as you're okay."

 

Kris' words made you to pull him into a hug, sobbing to remember all of the memories that you had with him.

 

"We won't know what will happen in the future…" You sniffed. "But promise me that you will still smile even though one day, I have to leave you forever." You continued.

 

"I can't.."

 

"Please, Kris. You can't stop smiling because of me. You have to be strong even if I have to die.."

 

"No.. I don't think I can.." Your tears dropped on his shirt and you bit your cheeks inside, holding back your tears, "Promise me, Kris. That's all I want you to do. Because I know, you won't make me feel sad."

 

Kris hugged you even tighter. He just didn’t know how to reply to your words. How can I smile if one day you have to leave me in this world, alone?

 

 


 

 

Every single day, Kris would be accompanying you at the hospital whenever he got his free time. The doctor informed that you would undergo a surgery. And it was kind of risky surgery since the doctor told you that the percentage for you to be alive was much lower.

 

"Don't give up, Inhye-ssi. We will try our best for you. All you have to do is stay strong and pray for the surgery," the doctor told you when he saw that your face wasn't showing a smile at all. You nodded your head weakly, "Thanks doctor." Was what you could say to him.

 

A few days before the surgery, Kris would stay to accompany you in the ward and sang you a song of his group. You admired his voice whenever he sang  your favorite song from his group, Baby Don't Cry. Just by hearing his voice, it made you feel calm.

 

"You don't have to cry.. Everything is going to be alright.." Kris held your hand and held it tightly, "Fight for it, for the sake of our love. And I'll be waiting for you. The new you."

 

You chuckled at his words and nodded your head, "Yeah.. I will fight for it.."

 

He kissed your hand and placed it on his cheek. "Honey?" "Hm?" Kris hummed.

 

You stared at him, "What would you ask if you have one wish?"

 

Kris thought for awhile about your question and you waited patiently for him to answer it. "If I have one wish, I'll be asking for another one hundred wishes."

 

"Why?" You raised a brow. He smiled, "Because there's a lot of thing that I want to do with you in my life. And one isn't enough for me."

 

"Ew, greedy much!"

 

"Yes, I'm so greedy when it comes about my beloved wife~" You poked his cheek, "So cheesy."

 

Kris chuckled, "But for the first wish, I just want you to be alright and stay healthy as before." That was what he said to you before making your eyes were filled with tears.

 

"Aish, I told you not to cry!" Kris wiped your tears away and pecked your lips, "Trust me, baby. You're going to be okay," he said. You smiled and sniffed. You gave him a nod. And I'm wishing to be by your side; forever. I don't want to leave you. That's the only thing that I want. I love you so much, Kris.

 

The day has arrived and you've prepared mentally and physically before being pushed into the operation room. Kris waited for you at the outside with his group members and you were in the ward, counting the time for the doctor and nurses to bring you out.

 

"Doctor.." You called him and he turned to look at you. "Yes?"

 

"C-Can I meet with Luhan?" You asked for his permission and at first, he wanted to say no but seeing your eyes were looking at him; as if you were hoping him to let you to do so. By then, he nodded his head, telling the nurse to call Luhan for you. You thanked him for giving you the permission.

 

Luhan came into the ward and Kris was curious to know at first; wondering why would you wanted to meet him before you were going to undergo for surgery. Luhan stood beside your bed and looked at you. He greeted you with a smile. You were closed with him and he was like your own brother. He was the one who paired you and Kris before both of you get into a serious relationship and he would always tease both of you.

 

"Inhye-ah.." He said your name, looking sad to see your condition. You smiled, "Luhan oppa.." You handed him an envelope with a letter in it. He looked at you with a frown, "What is this?"

 

"Oppa.. If I can't make it in the surgery, please give the letter to Kris."

 

"What are you talking about? You can't say like that. You'll be alright."

 

You could still smile at him, "We don't know what will happen on me after this. And I might die if I can't make it."

 

"Inhye.."

 

"Please, Luhan oppa. Do it for me. If this is going to be last time for me to be in this world, I just hope that you can help me to give that to Kris. I wrote everything in it."

 

Luhan bit his lower lip and his eyes were teary. "..I will," was what he said.

 

"Thanks, oppa." You carved a small smile. "Promise me that you'll take care of him if something happen on me. Don't let him to stop smiling when I'm gone.."

 

"..I-I will do it for you, Inhye." Luhan's tears fell on his cheeks with his hand holding the letter carefully in his hand.

 

Because this might be the last time for me to be in this world. Probably, you won't be able to see my smile or even hear my laughter. And if this is my time, it's going to be the last for me to see your face, your eyes and that precious smile..

 

The doctor and the nurses pushed you out from the ward when you had finished talking with Luhan. Your eyes looked at the ceiling when you were being pushed to the operation room. Kris followed you before you would be entering the room. His tears pooled in his eyes and s saw that the leader cried to see his own wife.

 

"Kris.." You called him and held his hand.

 

He caressed your cheek, "You can do it, baby. I want to see you again, with that smile and that beautiful eyes. Everything will be alright," Kris kissed on your forehead and your tears fell down on your cheeks.

 

"I love you, Kris." You said that words. It might be the last for you to say it to him. He nodded his head, "I know. I love you too, so much.." He replied before kissing on your lips softly.

 

He broke the kiss when the time has reached. You had to enter the operation room to undergo the surgery and he didn't want to let go of your hand; same goes to you.

 

You wanted to hold him more.

 

You wanted to hug him and be by his side.

 

You wanted to tell him that you loved him so much.

 

Slowly, you were being pushed into the room and your hand couldn't reach for his anymore. His hand was no longer holding on it. It might be the last time for you to touch it.


 


 

 

The rain fell heavily at the outside of the hospital and Kris was waiting patiently with s. He kept walking back and forth, leaning against the wall and even sat on the chair to wait for you.

 

Six hours has passed and finally, the doctor has came out from the operation room. Kris stood up quickly and rushed to him.

 

"Doctor! How is she? Is everything alright?" Kris shot him those questions and s stood behind him, waiting along with him to hear the answer.

 

The doctor took off his mask and his face wasn't showing that it went well. As if something bad happened. Kris looked at him and getting curious with it.

 

"Why you're not answering me? Is she okay? Is she alright?" Kris asked. The doctor looked down and sighed heavily before looking at him, "I'm sorry, Kris-ssi, but she couldn't make it," he said. "She's gone.." He continued.

 

Kris felt like thousand of swords stabbed his heart. s were speechless to hear about it and s tried to hold their tears.

 

Kris shook his head, "N-No! She's not! You're lying! Tell me that this is a joke!" Kris yelled and shook the doctor's body many times. Tears coming out from his eyes.

 

Suho and Lay had to hold him. "I'm not lying. We tried the best but it was her time to leave the world." The doctor said.

 

Kris fell on his knees, crying to know that you were no longer be by his side. You left him alone and wouldn't be back forever.

 

"Why did you leave me?! Why?! You said that you won't! You promised to be with me forever!" Kris shouted and sobbed. Lay and Xiumin hugged the leader so tight, comforting him.

 

"Duizhang, stay strong. She will be sad to see you like this," Chen said.

 

"How am I suppose to live when she's dead?! Tell me!" Kris cried even more to think about it. Luhan hugged Kris, "Stop crying, Kris. She don't want to see you're being like this."

 

"Inhye, why? I can't live without you…" Kris said under his breathe and kept crying; hoping that it was just a dream for him.

 

 


 

 

"Kris.." Luhan saw Kris was sitting on a couch, staring blankly at the front. His eyes were swollen for crying non-stop ever since you left him.

 

He didn't respond to him and remained silence. Luhan took a seat beside the leader and patted on his knee softly, "Inhye told me to give this to you if she couldn't make it in the surgery," Luhan handed the envelope that you gave. Kris' eyes shifted on it and he stared at Luhan.

 

"Take it. She wrote it for you," Luhan said. Kris took it from his hand and held it in his hand. Luhan gave him a soft pat on his shoulder before standing up, "Read it. Call me if you need anything." With then, Luhan left him alone on the couch.

 

Kris stared at the envelope with his name written on it. He didn't want to open it at first but thinking that you wrote it for him before you died, he took some strength to open and read the letter.

 

He pulled it out from the envelope and read it; line by line.

 

 

Dear Kris,

 

The moment you read this letter, that's mean, I'm no longer in this world to stay by your side. I'm sorry for leaving you. I'm sorry for hiding about my disease at first. I know, I shouldn't be doing that but I didn't want you to be worried with my condition. Besides, I'm strong and can bear it alone. I don't want to give you any burden. It's better for me to feel the burden by myself. The moment when I found out that I'm suffering this disease, I was speechless and lost of words. I didn't know what will happen on you if one day I have to leave this world. But now, I'm gone and no longer beside you. Though I have to leave you, you have to smile like always. I don't want to see you're crying every single day because of me. It hurts me a lot to see you cried when you found out the truth. Thanks for everything that you gave to me. You showered me with your love and I guess that I'm the luckiest woman in this world to have such a loving husband like you. No words could describe how I felt and how much my love for you. Remember the first time that we met and you accidentally spilled your coffee on my blouse. I was mad since you ruined my favorite shirt. It was so funny to remember about it. And you told me that you've fallen for me at the first sight. It was funny when Luhan always tried to pair both of us and teased us whenever we're together. I know, it might be hard for you to accept this but you have to be strong and move on. Even though I'm gone, you still have my heart with you. And your name will always stay in my heart forever. Be strong, honey. For the sake of our love and smile like you always showed to me. I don't want your precious smile disappeared from your face. Remember me in your heart. Don't forget me when I'm gone. Don't forget every memories that we shared together. I'm sorry if I ever hurt you. Forgive me for everything that I had done. Thank you for willing to be with me. Take care of yourself and be a good leader to your group members. I love you so much, Wu Yifan.

 

With love,

Park Inhye. 

 

 

 

Kris couldn't hold his tears anymore. It fell on the letter and he palmed his face, sobbing after reading it.

 

 

 

 

 

"I love you too, Park Inhye."