Expert from the fic

Graphic Request for Kris Lay Fanficition

In the dead of the night, a little orphan boy is still awake selling gum, begging for anyone to buy from him. Many pass him on the streets, going about their business without even sparing him a glance. The gum he sells is overpriced, but he has to sell it at that rate if he wants to eat tonight-- and the night after that and the night after that. He needs at least 50 Yuan for each days earning, which is quite feat when no one look at him out of shame. “Please sir…” He begs, latching on to the pant leg of a man who is about to pass. “Please buy a little…” Pity stitches over the man’s face, and for a moment hope glistens in the young boy’s eye. But the man gently removes his dirty fingers from the pants and subconsciously wipes the cloth where his grubby little hands touched, going on his way.

But against all odds, the boy continues to stand outside in the cold, waiting for someone to come and buy something from him. His stomach rumbles loudly, but it’s not enough to get anyone to pay attention to him. He wants to cry the way he sees the younger kids at the orphanage do to get people to pity them; to buy from them, but his tears never form when he wants them to.

He was born into poverty and a frequently visited by pain and sorrow. The wishes he folds his lips into are simpler than most kids his age. He wishes for warmth, for food, and most importantly, the ability to survive another day. His lips curve this night, and he utters a prayer. “Please help me…” he chokes too quietly for anyone but him to hear “P-please let me find a home that’s warm and always has food. Please let me find a family soon.”

“Is that what you really want Li Jiaheng?”