Oppa.

I Dream of You

Today, Junsu decided that it was time to put his plan into full force action. Jess had gotten home really late last night from her first shift as a doctor at the hospital and had over slept. She had forgotten to tell Jaejoong because it was pretty late. She knocked on Jae’s door. She came in with food, but Jaejoong was gone. This had never happened before. She couldn’t find him anywhere in the apartment. She started shaking as she pulled out her phone and she dialed for him. She felt as if he took forever to answer, “So, did you hear about Hyung and Junsu. I’m sorry.” She paid no attention to his words, “Kim Jaejoong, where are you?” “If you call me Oppa, I might tell you or maybe I might pay a visit to Dr. Seo.” They had both become silent. “Oppa, where are you?” “Come find your boyfriend.” He hung up.

    

Jess arrived at the park where he was sitting at the swings. He waved at her to come over. “What are you thinking Jaejoong?” He stood up and modeled for her, “How does Oppa look? Let’s go.” He grabbed her hand and wouldn’t let go. “Are you crazy, Jaejoong? You can’t be going around in public like this yet.” “Huh? Is it crazy that I wanted to prepare an event for my girlfriend?” Jess stayed quiet. As they were walking Jaejoong saw some high school girls and he let go of Jess’s hand by swinging it away. He hid his face behind dark sunglasses and a wide hat. Jess felt embarrassed. As he swung her hand away he noticed something that he never saw before. A tan on her hand where it seemed like a ring had been on for a long time. Doctor, what brought you all the way to Korea? You knew you were coming to find the best boyfriend in the world!?” “Huh?! Who said anything about me having a boyfriend?” “So girlfriend, let’s eat.”

 

Jess gave him an awkward smile as she drank her water through the straw but she turned her face so he couldn’t see. Jae had brought them to a small restaurant. He brought out the American food he had prepared for her. “This looks good Doctor. I ordered American style food for you.” “Hmm… Kim Junsu, I already had lunch before we came here…” “Call me Oppa!” He offered to feed her but she put her hands up. “But I haven’t seen you eat at all today. Actually, I haven’t seen you eat that much since you came to my house… are you sick?” He leaned over her to feel her forehead but she slapped his hand away. “Hahaha, I’m always eating it’s just that you have been too sick that you don’t really notice.” Her laugh was very sarcastic. “Ash! Well, I promise you lovely doctor that after today I will make sure that you don’t miss any of your meals, okay?” “Hmm...” she just kept drinking her water. Jaejoong put the food down and grabbed her hands. “I have something to tell you. Last night, I followed you out.” Jess tried to pull her hands away because she couldn’t believe what she was hearing. But he continued, “I waited for you to come out and when you did I saw you ran out. I didn’t know what to do so I went up to my brother’s apartment and I found him and Junsu.” Jess pulled her hands away from him and nodded her head in disappointment. “Look, I just want to know if you’re okay. I know that you like my brother so…” “Listen, one, it was wrong for you to do that. Two, I went to Micky Oppa’s house because he needed my help to plan an event. And three, I ran out because I was called to the hospital for an emergency.” Jae jumped out of his seat, “So it’s true. I knew it!” They both started to laugh. Jess received a message. She read it to herself, “There are just some people you can’t get close to. They can bring you harm, and even death. Sasaeng Fans.” Jess’ face turned pale, “Oppa do you know who Sasaeng fans are?” “Huh? Wait why? What’s wrong?” “Nothing. Here eat some.” Jess fed Jaejoong food to keep him from asking anymore questions.

 

As their date came to an end, Jaejoong decided to walk her home. It was quiet as they were walking down the lonely street. He looked down at her hand. It was just swaying back and forth; he just went for it and grabbed her hand. Jess’ eyes widen and she tried to let go. But he held on, locked their fingers together and put her hand in his coat pocket. Jess could feel the warmth and just kept walking and saying no word. “Your hands are really soft... I was expecting rough skin.” He said to her. She got embarrassed and tried to let go again. He slipped her hand into his coat pocket again. Jess turned her face away from him; her cheeks were so red despite the cold weather. They walked down an alley and then another. “Jess, have you always dreamed of being a doctor?” “No, there was a time when I really wanted to just be a house wife and have a lot of kids. That’s all I wanted to do, give love to my family and watch them grow. But things just didn’t work out for me. You?” Jae remembered the tan on her ring finger. “Ay! You’re still too young to know.” He looked at Jess and she just shrugged her shoulders. “So, you’ve been engaged before?” She stopped in tracks, “How did you know?” “Jess I couldn’t help notice the tan on your finger.” Startled she pulled her hand out of his pocket; she starred at her finger and hid her hand behind her back. “Ay! My brother and Junsu, I still can’t believe it. So cute, huh? We should be a couple totally different from them. Did I tell you that you and Hyung made me jealous when you were together? You should have told me what you guys were up to from the beginning. It would have helped Oppa suffer less.” They only walked a couple steps further. Very embarrassed and angry Jess decided to lie to him and say that they had arrived to her home when they were actually a few blocks away.  In reality she felt that if he knew where she lived, she wouldn’t be able to keep a distance. “So, this it!” She pointed to the random apartment complex. “Really? I heard the hospital had houses in private villas.” “Yeah...we'll this is where I live. I’ll be back Sunday night.” “I’ll see you walk in.” Jess cut him off by waving her hands, “No, I’ll see you off!” It was no use he just wouldn’t leave and she didn’t know what else to do. Jess kissed Jaejoong on his cheek; he felt his blood rush to places and his face became red. He automatically started to walk away slowly. “Thanks for today!” she yelled. She waved goodbye to Jae who was walking like a zombie, holding his cheek. When Jess saw that he turned the corner she started to run home.

Jaejoong actually took some steps back and saw her. Again, just like an instinct, he began to follow her and it soon became a cat and mouse game until Jess got home. Just like he thought it was a private villa. “So... This is where you live my girlfriend.”

 

Jess stood in front of her doorstep but she couldn’t find her keys. “Ah, I forgot them on my desk when I was rushing out to find Jae Oppa.” She knew that Chaewon had a shift that night so she didn’t want to call her.

 

Jess was about to leave when she heard voices coming from Jaejoong’s room. She came in quietly because she didn’t want to wake him, “I thought he would be asleep by now. I wonder who it is.” The door was half way open and she could see Jaejoong, Micky and Junsu inside. “Didn’t I tell you cut it out since the beginning?” Micky was pissed. “And you Junsu?!” Junsu turned to Jaejoong, “Didn’t we say it was just going to be an innocent game, I never thought you would ask her out to a date.” Micky yelled at Junsu, “But you were in on it and couldn’t even tell me anything?” Jaejoong couldn’t even look up. “Jaejoong, how could you not tell her? She doesn't deserve this again. Both of you, is playing with someone’s feeling a game? What if Jess really does fall in love with Jaejoong? Then what...who wins the bet?!” Jess couldn’t believe what she just heard. She didn’t know who she was madder at. At Jaejoong and Junsu for making that nasty bet or at Micky because he was the only one she told about her past.

 

She walked all the way across the city to her house. Jess slammed the door of her room. The whole way home from Jaejoong’s house she didn’t shed a single tear but as soon as she went into the bathroom and turned off the lights she started to cry. She was uncontrollable. Chaewon got home early in the morning of the next day. She walked into Jess’ room but she couldn’t find her. She looked all around the house but she couldn’t find a sign of her. She knew that she had the weekend off, so why was she not home yet. Chaewon was about to call Jaejoong’s house when she heard someone in the bathroom. She turned the lights on and Jess was there sitting in the tub. Her eyes were completely swollen from all the crying.