Don't You Remember?

Pet Love

 

You finally reached the hospital and saw Mr. and Mrs. Kim. Mrs. Kim immediately hugged you once she saw you.

"~~~~~~~ -ah, Jaejoong has been in the surgery room for a few hours already," you both cried in each other's arms.

You waited for another couple of hours, and finally the red light of the surgery room was out.

You immediately rushed to the doctor once he came out, "Doctor, how is he?"

"Are you his family?"

"Well, I'm his girlfriend," you said simply.

"The operation is successful. But he is still in coma. It may take a few days or it may take a long time for him to get up. It really depends on how strong he is," he walked away and then turned back a little, "Just try to talk to him more and maybe he'll get up faster," he nodded understandingly and left.

You got into the room where Jaejoong was transferred to. You carefully sat down on the chair next to his bed.

"Jaejoong oppa, please wake up. I don't know what to do without you," your tears silently slipped down your cheeks as you gently held Jaejoong's hand. You now noticed how pale and weak he looked, which made your heart ache.

You stayed there for a whole night, with your head resting on the side of his bed and your hand holding tightly onto his, never wanting to let go.

The next morning, you were waken by a shake on your shoulder.

"~~~~~~~ -ah, you look very tired. Go home and take some rest. We'll take care of Jaejoong," Mrs. Kim worriedly looked at you, "And thank you for being by his side when he's in this condition."

"I'm just doing what I should do, omonim," you weakly smiled and let her to have some alone time with her son.

You emotionlessly got onto a cab and went back to the Kim mansion.

Once you got into the house, your tears started to flood your eyes. You slid down onto the floor with your back against the door, while Vick and Bobo came running to you.

Bobo jumped onto your legs while Vick kept your tears away.

"Good boy, good girl," you hugged your dog tighter and ruffled Vick's head.

"Vick, you know your master has gotten into a terrible accident? Let's pray for him, araso?" you once again bursted into tears.

Suddenly, your phone rang. Quickly wiped away your tears and calmed yourself down, "Yeoboseyo?"

"~~~~~~~ -sshi, do you know what happens to Jaejoong hyung? I couldn't reach him," you heard a worried Junsu on the line.

"He's...he's in the hospital...got in car accident...still in coma," you sniffed trying to control yourself.

"~~~~~~~? ~~~~~~~? Are you all right? Don't go anywhere, I'm coming," Junsu technically shouted into the phone when he heard you cry.

In no time, Junsu was already at the front door of the Kim mansion, "~~~~~~~ -sshi," he softly knocked and called out, "Open the door."

The door opened and revealed a red, puffy-eyed you, "Junsu -sshi..."

Junsu quickly embraced you as you snuggled into his arms crying your heart out.

"Shh, hyung will be fine. He's strong, isn't he?" he cooed while gently your hair.

"I'm so scared," you said with a little voice.

"Everything is gonna be fine. I'm here. I'll always be here for you, araso?" you nodded in his hug.

"Thank you, Junsu -sshi," you gave his a small smile.

Junsu's heart melted, * I wish this moment can last forever, * "If you need anything, just give me a call, okay?"

You again nodded.

"Come on, let's go and visit hyung. Who knows, maybe he's already awake!" Junsu tried to lighten your mood, "Go freshen yourself a bit and we'll go."

During the car ride, Junsu kept throwing glances at you from time to time but you remained silent. He cautiously held your hand but you didn't budge. His grip tightened as he gave you a firm squeeze.

Both of you arrived at the hospital. Junsu gently held your shoulder as he ushered you to Jaejoong's room, fearing that you would break down at any time.

The door opened. The sight in front of you wasn't quite like anything that you had expected.

To the shock of your life, Jaejoong was sitting up. There was also a pretty girl sitting next to him on his bed.

"Hyung, you're awake..." Junsu said with his eyes wide.

"Why? Shouldn't I be awake?" he joked, "Oh, you've finally got yourself a girlfriend, Junsu!"

"What are you talking about?" Junsu was really confused right now, * Is he just playing around or does he really lose his memory? *

Suddenly, the door bursted open, "Jaejoongie!" Mr. and Mrs. Kim dashed in, "Oh thank goodness you are awake!"

Mrs. Kim quickly hugged Jaejoong and then turned around, "What are you doing, ~~~~~~~ -ah? Come over!"

But you just kept your face blank.

"Omma, you know Junsu's girlfriend?" Jaejoong looked up at his mom.

"What girlfriend? Jaejoongie, ~~~~~~~ -ah's your girlfriend!" Mrs. Kim exclaimed.

"No, omma, I'm with Yeonhee all the time. Plus I don't even know her," he signaled at the girl next to him and said.

"Does that mean that you don't remember me anymore? And you are going back to her?" you finally spoke.

"I'm sorry, er...~~~~~~~ -sshi, but I don't think I know you. And I'm always with Yeonhee," he held her hand.

You couldn't bear the pain when you looked at them. You closed your eyes, tears streaming down your face, "I guess I should be leaving. Glad you're awake Jaejoong," you looked at them for the last time, seeing that Yeonhee smirked triumphantly.

"Don't you feel bad for doing that to her?"Junsu angrily snared after you left the room.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I love Yeonhee," Jaejoong also felt pissed that his friend just shouted at him.

"If you are letting her go, I'm not going to let you hurt her anymore," Junsu glared at him and ran after you.