Chapter 1 - "Fear is greater than the danger"

You Had Me at Hello

 

 

“Everytime he touched me I feel burned….
Its frustrating..
Because I cant get enough of it..
His words, his kiss, his scent..
Somehow, it drives me crazy.
Im addicted to him… I’m addicted to Lee Hyukjae.”



Do you remember about your first love? About how your heart beats so fast it feels like its going to explode everytime you’re near the one you love? Well that’s what happen to Lee Donghae.

Lee donghae, 19 years old, still in his third year of high school. Like any ordinary teenage boy in the world. His life was all about school, friends, and have fun. But not like any other boys, he never put any concern about ‘girls’ topic. Sure he have ed with them, but that’s it. No strings attached. No feelings involved. None.

He doesn’t think love even real. All he think is, as long he get what he wants and hes happy with it he don’t give a with other people’s feeling. Because donghae didn’t believe in happily ever after, he don’t believe in ‘forever’ and because he don’t want to experience that feeling ever.

He despise it very much, even though many people thinks that love is the greatest feeling of all. He thinks its one hundred percent bull. Just..seriously lets take a step back and be realistic. Nothing last forever right?

So why should we even put our whole heart for only one person? 

Its stupid and absolutely ridiculous.
Love means uncertainty, love means unsecure and love means weakness.

And Lee Donghae, don’t want to have weakness….

Well atleast that what he always thought until some guy prove that he was wrong. That its okay to have a weakness that its okay to be unsecure and that its okay to be uncertain about everything.

Because actually worrying about the littlest thing in life its actually the one that what makes us feels human, right?

It all started when they met, accidentally. In the place that so ordinary it never occurred in Donghae’s mind that it would be the place that he will treasure forever.

They meet in the Subway.

It was Saturday night, as usual. Lee Hyukjae a 25 years old architect went to the subway and took the last train home.

Minding his own business, he check up on his blueprints while leaning his back to his seat. Trying to figure what made his assistant think that it wasn’t his best work. Through some twist of fate, Donghae took a seat not too far from him. Feeling worned out after hanging out with his friends and fooling around with a bunch of girls, all he wanted to do is get to his bed and have some sleep.

He closed his eyes for a moment until suddenly the train made a sudden stop.

It happened so quick, all he could remember was the loud noise that the train was making as it hit the brake.

He opened his eyes, trying to adjust his vision as he felt a pair of hands around him, trying to prevent him from falling.

“You’re lucky I saved you from kissing the floor.”

Donghae turned his face back just to see whos the owner of that husky voice. Slowly the train emergency light began to work and he saw him.

The one who saved him.

“Tha..thanks” he answered as the older man’s hands slowly pulling away. Getting back onto his own feet.

“Your welcome” Hyukjae bluntly said.

Then the red haired man got back to his seat, continue to check up on his work while leaving the younger boy standing with a confused expression.

Donghae studied him, looking him from head to toe. He realized that the older man had a dark scarlet hair, quite muscular body and briefcase filled with sketch and blueprints.

'Is he..an architect..I wonder..' he mumbled to himself.

He took a seat beside Hyukjae and take a look at him once again. 

“Am I that interesting to look at?”

Donghae blinked, he looked away and cleared his throat. Trying his best to covered his embarrassment.

“For an oldman you’re quite a looker, just saying”

Hyukjae lets out a quiet sigh and smiled a little. Without looking at the younger boy, he fixed his glasses and continue doing his work.

“Let me tell you something, young man. First, I’m not that old because I’m still 25 years old. Second, I have a name. And third, you’re quite a lousy talker do you know that?” Hyukjae put on a smug face while looking at Donghae.

The younger boy gasped, he never felt humiliated more than to be looked down by a completely stranger. He glared at him. Feeling mad and irritated by his words.

“Oh well you sure know how to talk..old” before he could finish his words Hyukjae turned his gaze back to his work.

“Hyukjae” 

Donghae blinked, hearing the older man voice.

“My name is Lee Hyukjae, you can call me Hyukjae”

Donghae felt his throat went dry, he never meet someone so direct like Hyukjae before. The type of person who know what to do, what to say and what to think in the right time.

“And your name is?” 

Donghae buried his hands back to his pocket, he managed to pull himself together and busying himself to look at another direction.

“Donghae, Lee donghae…you can call me Donghae”

Hyukjae widened his smile and chuckled softly. 

“How nice, we have the same family name.” Hyukjae averted his eyes as now its his time to study the brown haired guy.

“Uh..ye-yeah how nice..” Donghae nodded.

He’s quite charming, that’s what went through Hyukjae mind after he finished studying him. Light brown hair, crumpled uniform. Maybe…he just finished school and had some fun with his friends, he thought.

“So you usually take the last train to go home?”

“Well, ye-yeah sometimes…”

It bothers Donghae a lot.
Why the hell he’s stuttering and why the hell he felt so frickin nervous around Hyukjae.

“ Oh I see.”

Theres silence once more.

Donghae wasn’t the type of guy who lost at words. No, it’s completely the opposite.
He’s so good at it ‘till he can get any girls he like on bed.

‘So why the hell am I so nervous around him, why can I act like I used to? Why theres nothing slip on my mind? Why am I..’

“You know what, isn’t it supposed to start now?”

“Huh? W..what? Start?” Donghae blinked in confusion.

“I mean the train”

“Oh yeah, I don’t..know why maybe theres some technical error or something..”

Hyukjae loosened his tie and massaged his nose bridge. Its gonna be another long night for him. He looked at his phone screen and dialed a number. Waiting patiently.

“Ming, I’m gonna be late. Stuck in the train.. No, you shouldn’t wait for me..Yeah, I got it. Food on the fridge. Fine, Thanks. Night Ming”

Donghae heared him as Hyukjae finished his call, then his brain started to produce a large amount of question about the person on the other line. 

‘Who is ming? is she his girlfriend? Probably yes, he’s talking about food on the fridge. But wait, could it be its his sister or something..’

He furrowed his brows and with a question look, he unconsciously bit his bottom lip as he tried to solve this stupid questions by himself and cursing at the same time because of the fact that he's never got into other people business and know he's doing the exact opposite from it.

‘For Godsake Donghae, why bother?!’

He shook his head a bit, trying to brush off all of that question from his head. Without even realizing that Hyukjae have been watching him.

“You okay?”

Donghae stunned. He waved his hand lazily, without looking at Hyukjae.

“I’m fine, just.. a little dizzy..”

Then he felt something, running through his hair and rested on his forehead. He freezed as Hyukjae checking at his temperature and pulled away immediately after he’s certain that Donghae’s temperature was fine.

“Good thing your body temperature is perfectly normal. You’re probably tired, take a rest when you’re arrived at home” Hyukjae added before concentrating back to his work.

Donghae couldn’t move. He was so lost at words.

“Why did you…do that….”

Hyukjae paused for a moment before answering the younger's question.

“Because I want to” 

At that time nothing mean anything anymore. At that time Donghae doesn’t even believe what he was doing. At that time he didn’t even know what made him so interested in Hyukjae.

At that time. He didn’t notice that he actually..

Fell in love with a perfect stranger named Lee Hyukjae.