The Forgotten Piece of Puzzle of Her Life

The Forgotten Piece of Puzzle of Her Life

"I love you." says the guy in front of me. My eyes widened at the sudden confession of a stranger to me. "P-Pardon?" I asked. Strange, it's weird hearing a confession to a stranger, to a person who I met just now. What's even weirder is that I can't see his face. Is this some sort of a dream? A nightmare perhaps? Can someone wake me up? I want to wake up! Help me! "I love you." the guy said once more. "I'll prove my love for you. Just give me another chance, Chaewon." "You know my name?" I asked. "How come you know my name? I don't even know you!" I started backing away, taking few steps backwards just to keep myself away from him. But everytime I take steps backwards, he steps forward; as if imitating my moves. "Please, Chaewon. Give me another chance. I love you, I still do." he sobbed. Crying? He's crying over me? Then I felt a hand on my wrist. I shook it away. "Don't touch me!" I yelled. "I don't even know you! Leave me alone! Go away!" I started shouting and threw my fists on his chest, constantly hitting him hard. But then he held both of my hands and knelt down, "Please Chaewon, Let me love you again. I'll promise you I'll never leave you again. Please." he begged. He's crying, holding my hands as if his life is depended on it. Why is he begging? He knows me but I don't know him. What is happening? 
~~ 
"Chaewon! Chaewon! Chaewon! Wake up!" 

"What the hell?" I groaned. "Why are you shaking me?" 

"Well, you're having a bad dream, Chae." Luhan, my roommate, said. "You were screaming incoherent words, just so you know." 

"Really?" I asked. Then I remember my dream. That guy... 

He nodded. "I have to go now. My Sehunnie's waiting for me." 

"You have a date today?" 

"Yeah. Problem?" he raised an eyebrow on me. I shook my head in response. "Good! Breakfast's downstairs. Eat a lot!" he kissed my forehead and sprinted away. 

After cleaning up myself, I walked downstairs to have my breakfast. Luhan's cooking skills are the best! I'm happy to have him as my roommate. Luhan is gay and he's currently in a relationship with a cute guy named Oh Sehun. They really look good together. I wish I have someone like Sehun. He's so perfect and so as Luhan. I'm happy for Luhan to have Sehun in his life. So envious. 

Back to my dream, what is it? I don't understand why he knows me but I don't know him. Why I can't see his face.. And why his voice is familiar? Is he a part of my past? Before my accident? Yes, I got into a vehicular accident 4 years ago and I lost everything; my family, relatives and my memory. I have an amnesia. I lost everything - that's what the doctors and the nurses, who took care of me, said. After the accident, the said people who took care of me, helped me to live another life, to start a new one. A new chapter of my life where there's no supporting characters. Just me and only me. 

I started from scratch. Learning everything as if I'm a child. Learn how to walk, to write, everything. When I'm ready enough the world outside the hospital, the people who helped me let me have my life on my own. They let me go to fill the new chapters of my life, to have new characters in my own story. 

As the time flies fast, I met a lot of people - including my roommate Luhan and his boyfriend. I have a work in a small cafe few blocks away from my apartment. Some guys even tried to court me, but I kindly refused them and we stayed as friends. 

After the accident, I never heard any people who knows me, who looked for me to know if I'm still alive. Maybe they thought I also died. 

Back to the reality, I'm currently working in a small cafe near my house. My colleagues are nice, as well as my boss. My boss is young but matured. He speaks and acts older than his actual age and his name is Kim Joonmyeon. But he insisted to call him as Suho. 

"Hello guys! Goodmorning!" I cheerfully greeted my colleagues and my boss. 
"Someone's cheerful ehh?" Minji, my colleague, noticed. 

"She's always like that, okay?" Jaeseop, my other colleague, rolled his eyes. "Still not used to her mood?" 

"Okay guys." boss Suho interrupt. "Get ready, we'll open now the cafe." he informed as he flipped the signage 'close' to 'open'. 

After a few minutes, our first customer came. My heart, my heart suddenly beats fast as I laid my eyes on him. He's tall, with intimidating looks but can swoon every girls' hearts. Blond hair that makes him hot while being intimidating. Wearing a neat coat, ironed polo, a necktie, ironed slacks and a polished black shoes, he looks like a boss in a big company. He looks familiar to me, as if I know him. One of my colleagues, named Seunghyun, approached and assissted him. 

"Chaewon," Seunghyun approached me. "I need to do something important. Can you assist our first customer?" "Yeah sure." I nodded. 

My heart beats fast as I approach the customer. I inhaled and exhaled, calming myself. "Good morning, sir." I said with a relax voice I can do. "May I take your order now, sir?" 

With his eyes still on the menu, he answered "I can't choose. Can you just--" he stopped midway as his eyes landed on me. Why did he stopped? 


I cleared my throat. "Sir?" 

"Chae - won." he breathed. Huh? He knows my name? H-How? "Chaewon, is that really you?" he asked, still unbelievable about what he sees in his orbs, or rather who he saw. 

"Excuse me, sir, b-but y-you k-now m-me?" I asked, obviously unbelievable too. 

He didn't answer. He just looked at me, straight to my eyes. He looks so happy to see me. I guess he really did know me. "Chaewon." he said once more. "Min Chaewon." 

"Uhh sir," I coughed. "M-May I take your order now sir?" I asked. 

By the way his eyes look at me, I felt something familiar. I don't know what kind of feeling I feel at this moment. I really don't know. 

After that scenario with that guy who knows me, almost everyday, he's in the cafe. Having a cup of coffee while doing some paper works. He's always at the corner of the cafe where he can see the counter. Most of the time, I always catch him staring at me, as if he's longing for me. He looks like a stalker if it wasn't for a fact that he wasn't following me wherever I go. He just stays in the cafe. 

After that incident, he never spoke to me. I never tried to talk to him though. I have this kind of feeling that I'm scared and I don't know why. 

I also knew his name, thanks to my boss, who apparently his friend. His name is Kris Wu, the CEO of the Wu Corporation. Without asking, my boss told me his name. I don't really care though but his name is familiar. All about him is familiar to me. 
~~ 
"Finally!" I said, as I stretched my body after a long work. "My shift's done!" 

"Great job, Chaewon!" Boss Suho complimented. "May I ask you something?" he asked. I nodded, "What is it?" 

"Do you, by any chance, will go somewhere tonight?" he asked. I tilted my head, "N-No. I'll go home straight. Why did you asked?" 

Suho sighed, "I'm afraid that you'll be heading somewhere... with someone." then he pointed the counter, where Kris is standing, watching us. I raised an eyebrow, "Why?" "He has to tell you something." he answered. "Something you might wanna know." he smiled. 

"I might wanna know?" I asked. "I barely know him!" I protested. "Why do you think I'll go with him?" 

"You know him. He has something to tell. It wouldn't hurt to go with him. Trust me." 

That's why I'm inside Kris' car now. He's driving beside me, constantly glancing at me. As if he's checking me from time to time. Doesn't he know it's irritating? Argh! 

We didn't exchange words as we take the roads to where we're going. But after a few moments, he sighed, breaking the awkward atmosphere that surrounds us and said, "I know you're confused right now." he started. I'm not, okay? "I'm so happy to see you again after so many years of looking for you." I looked at him with confusion written on my face. "I thought I really lost you." he said as he stopped the car infront of a tall building. "I'm glad I didn't." he said as his lips curved upward, showing off the most beautiful smile I've ever seen. My heart beats fast. 

"Why did we stopped here?" I asked. "Don't worry, I won't do anything bad to you." he said as he got out of the car and helped me to get out. "I'm just here to fill up your memories. Those memories that washed away." he said. "I'll complete the puzzle of your life ." 

He brought me to the rooftop of the building. Why do I have the feeling that I've been here before? "This is where we usually meet after a very long day in the office." he said, as if he read my mind. "This place is special to us - to me because this is where I found my happiness and that's you, Min Chaewon." he said as he approached me until we're inches apart. He stared at me and I stared back at him. I can see in his eyes how happy he is now but at the same time, I see sadness there. Since we're staring at each other, I can see his face closely. Those tantalizing eyes, soft-like pink lips and his blemish-free cheeks, they're all familiar to me. "The first time I saw you was here. You're eyes were glued on the beauty of the overlooking here, the city lights." he said as he walked near the end of the building, his back now facing me. "You looked so happy back then, your eyer are shining just like the city lights you adore." 

"So... You really know me?" I asked. He sighed, "Yes, Chaewon. I know you." 

A smile crept on my face. "Tell me everything you know about me then." 

After saying that, he faced me. With tears on his eyes, rolling down his cheeks. I gasped, "Why? Why are you crying?" 

He took steps forward until he's near me. "Can I hug you?" he asked. His eyes still in tears. "I feel so lonely, can I hug you?" Why is he crying? Did I do something bad? Having no answer coming from me, he asked once more. "Can I?" that's the time I nodded. The next thing I know is that a pair of strong arms wrapped around me, a warm body, a lean chest where he put my head, and a heart that beats fast. "Min Chaewon, you have no idea how I wanted to hug you again since I saw you at the cafe." he sobbed as he lay his head on mine. "I missed you so much. After all these years, I finally found you." 

I pulled myself a little and looked up at him. "What am I to you?" I asked. I really want to know what kind of relationship we have before. 

He didn't move, his eyes didn't leave mine either. Then he sighed, "You're my ex-girlfriend." he answered. "Something happened that's why we broke up. It's all because of me and my stupidity." 


He i-is m-my ex? "May I know why?" I asked. I can't believe he used to be mine. What happened to us? Then it hit me, all those familiar things with him, I used to feel it before.. Before we broke up and I lost my memory. The way he recited my name as if he always say it, those eyes and everything. What happened, to us? But why I don't feel as if I'm in love with him? All those fast heartbeats I felt before, why isn't as strong as now? Does it mean I forget about him? Does it mean I don't love him anymore? Does the heart also forgets when the mind forgets everything? 

He sighed. "I hurt you." then he held me in his arms again. "We had a big fight over some petty things-- me being your possessive boyfriend. I thought you're cheating on me with Tao, my bestfriend. I almost hit you with my fists. But I stopped when I saw you trembling. My stupidity, because of that, I lost you." 

As soon as I heard those things, a scene of a girl and a boy fighting came to my mind. 

~FLASHBACK (4 years before the accident)~ 

"I don't want you to be with Tao again!" Kris yelled. The couple are fighting at Kris' apartment. 

"What the hell? We're not doing anything bad!" Chaewon defended. "You're just over-thinking, okay?" 

"Oh really?" Kris hissed."He kissed you! Now you're telling me I'm over-thinking? Oh my god, Chaewon!" 

"He didn't kissed me for goodness sake!" Chaewon hissed, clenched fist on both of her sides. She explained what really happened to her and Tao but the latter's mind is already closed. "If you don't believe my, it's better if we just break up! My gosh, Kris! I'm so tired with you being so possessive! I hate it!" 

As soon as Chaewon's words registered to Kris' brain, his world stopped. His knuckles turned whites as he clenched it tightly. "What did you just said?" he breathed then he send deadly glares to her. "What did you just said?" he yelled this time, he held Chaewon in his hands and banged her to the wall, making her wince in pain. Just then, a tear escaped on her pretty eyes. This is the first time Kris used violence in their quarrel. He never did that to her. "K-Kris.. S-stop!" 

"Now you want me to stop?" Kris laughed sarcastically. "You're impossible, Chaewon!" he tightened his grip on her shoulders that might leave bruises afterwards. "Kris, stop! I'm hurting!" she pleaded. Her tears still streaming down to her face. But Kris didn't loosen his grip, as if he didn't hear her plea. He's furious. He might hurt Chaewon more. He's blinded by his anger towards his girl and his bestfriend. He can't believe that they're cheating on him. He doesn't believe everything that Chaewon has said. He's so furious and his possessiveness adds fire to it. 

"Funny how you want to break up with me now." Kris laughed dryly. "You only want to break up because of Tao! Well, hate to break it but I won't let you go! I'm not giving you to anyone! You're mine!" he leaned forward and crashed his lips on Chaewon's roughly, as if punishing the girl. Chaewon yelped. The beast inside his boyfriend has been activated. She never knew that Kris is a furious beast when he's angry. Usually, when they fight, he just distanced himself to her. This is the first time he's like this and she doesn't know how to deal with it. 

"S-Stop!" Chaewon squirmed. She felt Kris' hands inside her shirt. But Kris didn't stop. With all of her strength, she pushed him away. "I said stop!" she cried. 

"Now you're denying me?" Kris yelled. The next thing Chaewon saw is his fist inch away to her face. She trembled. Kris almost hit her with his fist. He's really furious to the point of using his fists to show how furious he is right now. 

Kris' fist stopped midway. He almost hit the one he truly loves, the one who put happiness on his life, the only girl that has his heart-- he almost hit Chaewon with his fist. As soon as he heard her loud sobs, he wanted to comfort her. He leaned forward and was about to hug her but she backed away. "I'm sorry." he breathed. 

"Let's break up." 

~FLASHBACK ENDS~ 

My head throbs, my eyes are pouring out tears, my body's trembling. Now, I remember him. 

"Chaewon." he breathed. He tried to reach me but I backed away. 

"Chaewon. Please come back to me." he pleaded. He's on his knees, begging for me. "I promise not to hurt you again. Please give me a chance." he cried. "Please." 

I opened my mouth but I can't make a sound. Every part of me is aching, especially my heart. 

"Chaewon." he called me once more, the last thing I heard before everything turns black. 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey there!! :33 Hope you like it ^^ 

~berna04 ^^