2: 과거

Fortuitous {hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: The Past

 

I've seen her smile so radiantly like that before,

it was one of those first times that I saw her truly happy.

Maybe that Gongchan... what if he's the one for her.

I should be, I was supposed to be but I was too stupid and afraid back then.

Am I too late now? Is she finally moving on?

Has she finally realized that new light at the end of her dark tunnel?

 

▼▲▼▲▼

Jeon Jungkook was Hara's boyfriend— caring, intelligent, handsome: the perfect boyfriend material. He's attends the same level as Hara, but they goes in different scheduled classes. They've been together for nearly 7 months, until everything broke out and she was thoroughly humiliated in front of everyone in the campus.

Before, she often sees him hang out with his friends, but he never bothered to introduce her to them. They glance at each other during their breaks, but they never spoke to each other publicly. They send sweet and fluffy texts to each other, but they were very cautious when they spend time together.

Making sure no one in school sees them. 

 

"Hara, movie night later at my house? Your pick this time, I promise." It's a Friday, their favourite day, the day they spend time together. They were at the school's most unvisited spot, the balcony, located at the far end of the campus – their special place.

"Sure, let's meet at the usual. Maybe around 6 or 7? I'll just borrow a book from the library after class. Keep your promise, okay?" Hara softly chuckled, as her cheeks slowly heat up.

Jungkook can tell Hara loves it when he asks her out, and he's glad on how much effect he has on her. He lightly patted the girl's head and replied with a sudden peck on her cheek, "Alright, I promise to keep my promise." Hara was blushing scarlet yet again, her eyes turned into huge circles due to his sudden move.

"Yaaa! D-don't do t-that again," was all she could reply, and Jungkook laughed at her startled reaction. She looked so cute the he just wanted to be with her for the rest of the day but, Jungkook wanted their relationship to be private, Hara agreed to it as well to avoid any issues that'll buzz in an instant around the school faster than a race car.

"Stop laughing, nothing's funny! Anyway, class starts in a few so, let's go. You don't want to be late on your favorite subject, do you?" she said in a teasing kind of way as she checked the time on her watch. 

Math, he thought.

"Excuse me, that's literally your favorite subject. You know I hate Math.” He lazily stood up being half pulled by Hara and walked towards the corridor. Their fingers intertwine and not later, he faced Hara, stared right through her stunning brown orbs. "I'll see you later, can't wait" he winked at her, and Hara lightly poked the tip of his nose left sticking her tongue out like a kid.

 

He was certain that he loves Hara for who she is and no matter what she is. He knows her to bits from her past, to her cute habits, to her lively attitude when she's around him and his favorite, to the way she plays the piano so gracefully.  

She opened up her door for him, telling him how he could change her from her colorless life and be possibly her knight in shining armor. As cliché as it sounds, Jungkook loves caring for her. He felt comfortable and relaxed, candidly sharing about his problems with her, especially about his family's relationship crisis, while Hara gives the most soothing advices to him.

Both of them were very open to each other. They can be considered as a happy couple.

 

She made him happy. He made her happy. 

▼▲▼▲▼

Then the time came when there was news started spreading wildly around the campus about him dating the Jung Hara, and people were teasing him that it's the lamest thing they've ever heard. 

 

"Guys! I heard Jungkook's dating the ice princess! Don't you think it's hilarious?!" it was Taehyung, one of his friends, the son of a known hospital's CEO. They were in their dorm they rented just near the school. Taehyung or so-called V by their group, cracked up, his hands on his stomach, and laughed more like there's no tomorrow. Jungkook balled up his fist, shaking in anger.

He didn't expect it to happen all of a sudden. How could they be so careless? Of course, there'll be a lot of people anywhere. But, why does it have to be someone from school who would see them together?

He doesn't know if he should be worried or not, he wasn't ready at all for this. He stood up instantly, barging out their room, ignoring his friends making fun of him. 

I need to see her, where could she be? 

He checked his watch, seeing there's still more time before his next class starts. He made a bee line for Hara in every class she attends, and still no sign of her. Maybe she's in the music room. He ran as fast as he could, avoiding all the stu

Please log in to read the full chapter