1: 초보자

Fortuitous {hiatus}
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 1: Newbie

 

Cold hearted, there are no other words to describe what type of a person Hara is. She’s quiet, snob, and someone known to be an outcast for having no friends. Hara has gotten used to these terms though, avoiding it like it happens on a daily basis. She is the ice princess.

 

"I came here to study, anyway. Why waste my time on a bunch of nonsense comments?" the girl thought to herself as she made her way to her next class.

Hara might be as snob as she could be, but she attends as a scholar student in a very popular school namely, Daram University, a school where the sons and daughters of the elite studies. Hara attends as a secondary level student in this school, and if she does well, she could pass at the same school's college campus that she dreamt of to be in ever since.

 

When the class started, an old woman with a bright red corporate dress that matches her not-so gray hair and light complexion came in. Mrs. Kim, their homeroom teacher, asked for their attention for a school announcement. There'll be an event happening in a few weeks, but the event's purpose will not be revealed yet. The class wasn't really paying attention to it, even Hara who only stares at the view of nature outside since her seat, just beside the window.

"And also, I bet you all already know about our new student who'll be in this class starting from today," a few got curious so they lazily turned their heads, looking at the doorway. Mrs. Kim called for the new student who's just standing by the door, waiting for the teacher's cue for him to come in.

From there, a tall, averagely thin guy came in with a huge grin on his face. He enthusiastically bowed and greeted the teacher and faced the class after.

"Hello everyone, I'm Gong Chansik but you could call me Gongchan. I hope we'll be friends!"

 

Just by his dashing smile and cute eyes formed like a crescent, he already got half of the class gawking at him; well of course the girls are into him since the guys have their own little worlds anyway. As per Hara, obviously, she doesn't care at all.

Gongchan noticed Hara though, seeing her zone herself out and not even minding to take a peek at him felt rather unwelcoming for him. He spotted the best seat for him, and made his way to the empty seat through the almost corner of the classroom.

Then after, Hara saw her female classmates' shooting death glares at her, it wasn't unusual but she thought why. The girl just noticed the empty seat behind her already got occupied by their new classmate; she raised an eyebrow when she took a peek behind her and just saw the newbie listening carefully to the teacher.

She couldn't do anything about it anyway, so she waved it off and sunned herself out again to wait for their homeroom class to end.

 

"E— excuse me... your name's Hara, right?" Gongchan made a bee line for Hara after class. Almost everyone has left already leaving only a few of them in the room.

He never thought of how to approach Hara, but those words just slipped out of his mouth in an instant. Gongchan felt uneasy when a pair of orbs stared right through him, that his mind went blank in a few minutes. The girl coughed softly, getting Gongchan back to his senses.

 

"Oh, I'm Gongchan by the way, unless you heard it earlier." he said, lightly scratching the back of his neck, "and here's your nametag. I saw it on the floor earlier when you were, kind of, on your own world." nervously gesturing a circle in the air with his arms.

Hara looked at herself, seeing her nametag was long gone on

Please log in to read the full chapter