History likes to repeat itself

Face of Reality (Sequel to Fake Engagement)

Young Saeng POV

Since Joey came back from Europe she changed. It seemed like she was much brighter. I had a mix feelings about it. I was worried she won’t need me, her best friend, no more. It was very selfish of me, but I didn’t want to be pushed away, now when she felt better. Of course I was happy Joey was smiling like in the past. How could I not? It was what we all wanted from the beginning. It was what both her and Jung Min needed to be back on track with this marriage. Thinking about it I realized how much time I was spending worrying about  her recently. Maybe Ji Yeon was right when he confronted me last time. I was to involved in their life instead my own.

I sat in the corner taking drink of water that nobody else as Ji Yeon brought for me. Aish that girl. No matter how I tried to make her forget about me, she was pushing harder to front. I swear she was the most patient and stalkerish girl I have ever known. But even so I found it cute how she would call me oppa and tried to get my attention.

-          Oppa thinking about Joey right? – I heard her voice.

My eyes went up till their rested on pretty face very young and talented dancer’s eyes. I couldn’t deny she was beautiful. But I knew whatever was in her head, she wasn’t for me. And she wasn’t her.

-          About Jung Min actually. Today is a day when they supposed to visit the place and start adoption process. – I responded.

-          Ahh. Are you going to visit them with rest of members Oppa?

-          Yeah. Do you want to come? – I asked. I knew the answer anyway.

-          Can I? – she jumped like a little kid clapping her hands together. – Sure. Just let me change.

I giggled at her reaction. She was so easy to please. I headed for a shower myself. We all supposed to meet this afternoon.

 

As soon as I dressed after practice and left the changing room I felt something warm on my arm. I looked to the side to be greeted by overexcited smile of Ji Yoon who was now holding onto my arm like her life depended of it. I got suddenly shy.

-          Are we going to eat something first oppa?

-          Sure? – I asked more than agreed.  – But maybe you should … yhmmm… fans

-          Yeah I know – she winked.

When we got to the door she let go of my arm. There was a group of fans always greeting me whenever I was walking in or out of the company building.

-          Oppa! – they shouted.

It was always the same. I signed few papers and pictures, smiled a lot and then they would let me pass. It wasn’t that hard. They also got used t seeing Ji Yeon with me as quite often SS501 dancers were with me.

We headed to the nearest pub where I knew we can have a peaceful meal. She sat opposite me and just stared at me, making me feel a bit uncomfortable.

-          You know you are scary like all sasaeng fans ? – I asked smiling

-          Liar! You wouldn’t know since I am the only sasaeng fan you got – she replied.

I laughed at her statement. She was right. Then she ordered for both of us. Funny like she always did that. And somehow she knew all things I like. I watched her as she fought for a bit with a decision regarding here dessert. At the end she ordered what she always did which was her favourite strawberry ice cream. I smiled. Some things never changed.

-          So are they bringing some baby today? – she asked.

-          I am not sure how it works. But Jung min text me later he has a surprise.

I was wondering myself what a surprise that was.

When we finished she got hold of my arm again and we went to my car. It seemed like there was nobody around so I let her keep her hand around.

When we got home HyungJun, Leader and Kyu were already there. Hyun Joong was currently going through Jung Mins fridge that he should keep more meet and less carrots in it. Kyu Jong was trying to stop him from stealing food and Hyung Jun was sitting on sofa hugging his girlfriend.

-          Oh you here. You brought your girlfriend – Hyung Jun teased.

I laughed.

 -Stop joking – I said.

- I am not joking – he said seriously.

- No he is not – added Hyun Joong.

- What do you mean? – I asked. Ji Yeon looked at me with innocent eyes.

 - Fans are going crazy because there are pictures of you together all over internet. Well there is a lot of comment stating she is your sasaeng fan. But we preferred to changed the story a bit.

 

I was shocked. Even so the sasaeng fan comment made me laugh. I jumped towards Jung Min’s laptop who was lying on a table. First fan website I opened had our pictures all over the page. But comments where not nice. They were saying Ji Yeon wouldn’t leave me alone and she keeps following me and all. Well it was true. But it also was harsh. Then my phone rang and I recognize one of major papers number. I put phone on silent, since I didn’t have a statement ready.

-          I told you two…. You should either date or be careful – stated Hyun Joong finishing last piece of meet he found.

-           - But fans saw me and her when we left company. Nobody said anything – I protested.

-          Well I got call from a manager around 5 minutes ago so it’s recent. By the way, he said you need to decide how to sort it.

I knew what he meant. I could sort it quickly. I could confirm everything and be left alone. But that would ruin Ji Yeon. I got deep into the thought when we heard a car pulled near the house. Jung Min and Joey came back. We all stood near the sofa awaiting the hot news. Maybe it will be something big, that would make me feel a bit better about the strange situation I was now in. Ji yeon stayed quiet. She took a step away from me first time. She saw the comments and she knew what they meant. People seen her as threat for me, for group. I had her career in my hands now. But instead of begging me to sort it in her favour she just made a space between us. I sighed.

 

All thoughts vanished from my head when the door opened. Joey walked in first and passed Hannah to me. The little girl smiled at me, making me relax straight away. Then Jung Min walked in and holding his hand was a little girl with long dark hair. She was smiling like she won a million dollars, looking around with her big eyes.

-          This is Jae – she will be living with us now – Joey said.

So they decided to adopt her. But then there was someone else behind her. I looked closely and then a teenage boy came in. His eyes were cold and full of distance. He scanned the room.

-          And this is Minwoo – Jung Min said. – he is …

-          Jae’s brother – Minwoo finished.

What the hell? Did they decided to take two kids? Is Jung Min crazy? How Joey could cope with three kids when we will be on tour or recording? Jae came running towards Kyu. She forced herself on his arms.

-          Ajhussi you are famous right? – she said. – Do you know Seventeen? Do you? I love them. I want to meet them.

-          I promise you will – he smiled.

Seventeen was group that debuted few years ago, consisting of seventeen members. It was first group with more members than Super Junior. Thinking about that they still stood strong in kpop scene even so some of the members left.

I still couldn’t help but worry. Now it was more reasons for me to be stressed about. But then I looked at Joey. She seemed so happy when she looked at both of them Jae and Minwoo. Then I caught her looking at Jung Min. There was so much love in her eyes. I felt strange in my heart. It was like I understood something finally. I checked up on Ji Yeon. She was putting that fake smile on. She was worried. I had a chance to get rid of her. I guess she already accepted the fact that it may be last time she will be dancing with SS501.

But seeing all that made me realize I needed to take responsibility. Also I couldn’t hold onto person who was already someone else’s. I sighed and put my phone on. I guess history can repeat. But this time it won’t be Jung Min and Joey. And most likely our story will not finish as theirs.

I typed number of the company.

-          Hyung – everyone eyes darted to my face. –I want you to release statement regarding me and Ji yeon.

-          What’s going on? – Jung Min asked.

-          Did we missed anything – Joey added.

-          Hyung just tell them – I went quiet – tell them she is my girlfriend.

With that I hang up awaiting of the rain of questions.