One-sided Twitter conversations.

Twitter

It had become a habit: tweeting G-Dragon. It wasn’t an everyday occurrence. You usually just respond to his tweets when he’s being ridiculous or a troll, or you would usually just send him encouraging tweets, such as, “Fighting!” orNoona’s cheering you on, all the way from LA! whenever concert day for him approaches. You secretly hoped that he actually reads your tweets, but the fact of the matter is, he has over a million followers, and you’re pretty sure your tweets just got lost in the mix. So, it generally was a one-sided Twitter conversation for you, which is fine. It’s fun, no harm done.

Then, YG announced that GD would bring his OOAK Tour to LA. So, you bought your tickets and mentioned him in a tweet: “Bought tix for @IBGDRGN’s OOAK con in LA! Stoked! See you soon, Ji! And that was it.

Two days before the concert, you decided that you wanted to go shopping for an outfit for the concert. GD had already arrived in LA, and you sent him a quick “Welcome back to LA!” tweet, just for the heck of it, and then tweeted:"Shopping day with a friend at The Grove in LA today. Looking for an outfit for GD con this weekend."

So, earlier that day, you met up with your girl friend at The Grove and did a bit of shopping. You didn’t waste time hitting up the stores, looking for a cute outfit for the concert. After a couple of hours of non-stop shopping, you decided to grab some lunch.

Planet Dailies was your restaurant of choice for lunch, and so you tweeted:“Here at Planet Dailies, grabbing a quick lunch. Waiters are cuties. :)”and you posted a selca of you with the food that your ordered.

You and your friend finished your lunch, and so you asked your waiter, Liam, to bring you the check so that you can pay and continue on shopping. After a few minutes, Liam came back to your table and said, “Miss, your lunch has already been paid for.” You looked at him, a bit confused. So you asked, “Are you sure it was our check?” He looked back at you, with a smile, and said, “Yes, Miss. Someone had paid for everything.” You looked at your girl friend, but she just gave you a “I-have-no-idea-who-it-could-be” shrug, and so you just thanked Liam and left.

You walked around a bit and ended up going into the Michael Kors store just to look around. There were a couple of items that you really liked, but you knew you couldn’t really afford at the moment. So you just took a picture of the items: a gun-metal coloured purse, a rose-gold coloured watch, a pair of sunnies, and a pair of y grey-silver pumps, and then you posted the pictures on Twitter so you’d remember them the next time you would visit the store. You continued browsing around in the store, drooling at all the items you really liked, when one of the sales associates came up to you, and asked, "Miss, is your name [your name]?" You looked at her, quizzically, wondering how she knew your name. You responded with a hesitant "yes", and then she said, "Oh, OK. Then, these are for you." She handed you 3 big MK bags. Your eyes widened with surprise, as your friend grabbed the bags from you, set them on the floor and looked inside, and then you realized, all of the items that you took pictures of were in the bag, among other things! You looked up at the sales associate, and then asked her, "Wait. These are for me?" She smiled, nodded and said,"Yes, Miss. Someone had asked me to give these to you, as gifts." Your jaw dropped to the floor. This was the second time today this has happened. You couldn’t believe your ears. You were really dying of curiosity as to the identity of the generous stranger, but the sales associate couldn’t really tell you (or was instructed not to) as to who it was. All she knew was, the generous stranger was a male. And then she added, "You have quite a secret admirer. He must really like you." That statement made you turn 10 shades of red, so you just nodded shyly and thanked her.

You and your friend looked at each other, both dumb-founded at what was happening, all you could really do was shrug at each other. You had no answers. And then, her phone rang - her husband was calling - and that indicated that she had to leave. She looked at you and said, "I’m sorry to have to leave you like this. I wish I could help you figure out who your secret admirer is. But the hubby wants me home. He’s on his way to pick me up. Are you sure you’re going to be OK? It’s quite a lot to take, all of this." as she looked at all the bags you’re holding onto. "I’m gonna be fine. I think I’m going to head home, too. This is just the weirdest day, and I just want to go home and try to make sense of all of this." you told her, as she gave you a hug goodbye.

Before you head back to your car, you decided to stop by Starbucks to get something for the road. You got there, and ordered your usual drink - an iced grande caramel macchiatto. You felt yourself drained from everything that went on, and as you looked at the MK bags, you realized you couldn’t possibly carry all of those, along with your drink, so you decided to just sit and gather your bearings, and enjoy your drink. You took a pic of your drink and tweeted:"Sitting at Starbucks to cap off a weird and crazy day. Whoever you are, thank you for the gifts".

As you were looking through Instagram on your phone, someone approached your table, and asked "Is this chair taken?" You looked up and said, "No, you can go ahead and take it." And then you looked at the person you were speaking to - you noticed a black, hooded, zip-up sweater, dark aviators, a pink beanie hiding what looked like blonde hair, and then your eyes settled on the wide gummy smile that was directed at you. And then, it hit you…

Your eyes widened, and all you could muster was, "y-you, y-you’re GD!" You couldn’t believe it! G Dragon was standing right in front of you, grinning mischievously at you.

"So, noona. Do you like the presents?" he asked. You looked at him, confused, and asked, "How did you know, about lunch and about these - how I wanted these?!" And then he casually answered, "Twitter." the grin, now ear-to-ear.

You couldn’t help but laugh, out of embarrassment mostly, but also because you realized, despite the ridiculousness of it all, GD actually read your tweets.

You looked at him and said, “To answer your question, yes, I like the gifts very much. Thank you. But, you really didn’t have to.” He looked at you, the stare a bit more intense now, but the grin had turned into a warm, sincere smile, and then he said, "I know I didn’t have to. I WANTED to." You felt your cheeks blush at the statement, realizing the intent, but held your gaze, letting him know, you get it.

"Now, since we’re still here, and we both have nowhere to be, what do you say about finishing up the day with dinner, just you and me?" he proposed as he got up from his seat. You looked up at him, smiled and said, "I’d love to." And at that, he offered his hand out to you, and you took it, knowing that your conversations would never be one-sided anymore. :)