Someone New

The Final Piece

It was already difficult enough to think about how she can explain to her uncle about what happened earlier but another problem just came up. The frowning guy in front of her is adjusting his round glasses while waiting for her to answer. She has been trying to explain the reason why she did what she did at the lobby but he doesn't look like he understands a thing she had said. Soyu was getting tired of trying that she sighed and slides her fingers through her hair.

"What I'm trying to say is" her voice got louder, "your colleagues are a freaking two-faced animals that acts nice in front of you while talks bad behind you! get it?!" her temper is nearly at it's peak.

"I know..." Hyunjin answered her smiling.

"What? And you did nothing?" 

"Why should I? They are not worth any sadness. Don't you think so? They are not even my friends." she could see the bitter smile of his.

"Even if that's the case....." She wasn't sure what to say to him anymore, "ahhhh~ I don't know. Why did I even thought of doing what I did?!" Soyu massaged her temples. 

She was embarassed of course. Looks like she just invovled herself into a problem that the victim was already aware of and didn't do anything about it. This is all because of the incident that happened that night. If all that never happened, she would never have met Hyunjin and pretend to be thick-skinned infront of him.

"Anyways, since what you did earlier was out of sincerity for me, I'll take it as if we're even." he smiled.

"We are?" her face changed.

"Yeahh... We have nothing to do with each other now, right? Favours paid so we are strangers now..." Hyunjin said suddenly, making Soyu confused.

"What do you mean? Strangers?! Hahahah! No way! I'm buying you coffee later, give me your number." she will never ignore people whom she know and he is someone new that she is beginning to know. It would be funny to just ignore him the next time they walk pass each other. What is this guy thinking about in his tiny brain? 

"Coffee?" he asked, his fingers pointed towards his chest.

"I'll call you soon.." Soyu gave her phone to him so he could pin his number.

After that, she waved to him and he walked away awkwardly. She was trying to be nice, she may not call him so soon but she will when she needs company to drink coffee with her. Maybe not just drinking coffee but drinking soju with the company of fried chicken. Soyu smiled just thinking about it. It's time that she met someone new and just be comfortable with him, she can't just rely on Ailee all the time for comfort. Ailee has her own life and Soyu can imagine how annoying and tiring it must be for Ailee to always listen to her complain and cry. Ailee has her own problems too, for example, her cheating boyfriend. If Ailee can handle it, why can't she? Wait, why is she thinking about Sunggyu suddenly? They broke up already, there's nothing to think about anymore.

Soyu knocked on the door of her uncle's office and opened it slowly. Her uncle was already staring at her for explanation when she entered the office and sat down at the guest table. His stares was making her nervous and she is still calculating on how she should answer all his question. However, to her surprise, her uncle said something that she didn't expected.

"I'm not going to ask you anything.. You're a grown up now, you can do whatever you want..." her uncle smiled, "Now, it's fine to talk about other things right?"

"You are the best!" Soyu smiled widely.

"That does not mean I won't investigate things, ok?" that was fine. As long as she doesn't need to explain a single thing about what she did, all is well. What happened at the lobby was an embarassing incident for her. She will let her uncle judge everything and investigate anything by himself, she won't reveal anything at all.

"How's Aunt? I heard from Nana that her surgery went well?" Soyu changed the subject.

"Ya! Please visit us once in a while. It's your holidays right? Where were you all this time?!" Soyu giggled when her uncle look at her in disbelief.

"I'm sure Aunt is fine without me visiting her. She is strong!" Soyu smiled.

"When are you and your Aunt is going to forgive each other?" her uncle shook his head and Soyu just smiled.

"You should just go and worry about yourself!" Ailee rolled her eyes.

"What are you talking about?" Sunggyu frowned.

"Soyu is doing fine after the break up, you should move one. You are the one who is desperate now." Ailee adjusted the placement of her shades.

"Me? Desperate? That's nothing new." Sunggyu scratched the back of his head as he snorted.

"It's not funny anymore. Have fun living your single life. I just hope I won't see you in clubs or pubs too often after you comeback from New Zealand." Ailee flashes a wide smile.

"What?" Sunggyu frowned again.

He isn't sure what Ailee was trying to imply. Was she assuming that he would be living his life in clubs and pubs now that he is left behind. So, Ailee think that he will get drunk everyday because Soyu had left him? She must be crazy then, Soyu would never leave him, they are just taking a break. He is going to the New Zealand to think things over and he will change himself for Soyu. They love each other so why won't Soyu come back to him if he is a changed person. He and Soyu has gone through so much that it is nearly impossible to leave that fast. He won't let Soyu go unless Soyu is confident that he isn't the one for her. No. He will only leave when he is confident that there is someone better than him for her. For now, no one is deserving of Soyu, not that he is but for now there's none that he can give Soyu to.

"Oh, and one more thing... You don't need to tell Soyu that you're going to New Zealand. I don't think she would want to know about it since you two broke up." Ailee sighed before she continued, "Do Soyu a favour, don't contact her ever unless she contacts you first. Ok?" Ailee's tone was harsh and tense, signalling that she was dead serious about she had just said.

"Are you going to fetch me from the airport when I come back?" Sunggyu asked, the sight of him is so pitiful to Ailee's eyes.

"You're coming back? If you're my friend, please don't come back! Save me and your ex some trouble and heartbreak!" no matter how pitiful Sunggyu looks like, he should never be given anymore chance. Sunggyu would always take advantage of it.

"Since when am I your friend? I'll come back in two weeks time! I'll be waiting!" Sunggyu winked.

"There it is.. there it is again.. Are you trying to seduce me with your winks now? Unforgiveable!" Soyu shook her head jokingly.

"Jihoon has not been giving you attention lately right? Ya! You go and take care of your boyfriend. If he doesn't stop now, he will be the next Sunggyu." 

"I'm going to kick him out of my life soon!" Ailee said calmly.

"That's interesting." Sunggyu laughed.

"I WILL!" Ailee shouted.

"I never said you won't.. But I'll pretend I believed that." Sunggyu stood up from his seat and walked towards Ailee.

He spreaded his arms wide and Ailee hugged him. Ailee is a really good friend, she never abandons him and she has always been there for him. She gave him advices and gave him comfort when he desperately needs one. She is the only girl that he swore he won't have ual intention with eventhough she walks around in a house alone with him. Sunggyu has treated Ailee like a sibling, they can curse and be honest with each other no matter how ugly the truth is. Sunggyu protects Ailee a lot and she is grateful for what he did. Ailee showed her gratitude by being there for him although her actions aren't exactly ideal, at least she beats the purpose. Sunggyu hugged Ailee tighter and released her before making his way into the boarding area. 

As soon as Hyunjin reached home, he went straight to his room, it was already late at night. He did an overtime today and stayed longer than he was supposed to, with his workload, he didn't even realised that it was almost midnight when he left the workplace. To be honest, the security had to drag him out of the office earlier, if the security ahjusshi hadn't done that, he would have stayed longer. Tonight, as he lied down on his bed, it was the first time in his career that he started to think about his workload. It's neverending and it keeps on compiling every single day. He wished he was still in school or maybe had done better in school so that eventhough he had so many workloads, it would not be a problem since he will be getting a satisfying pay. 

Hyunjin lied down on his bed, face down, with an arm pillowing his forehead so that he could at least breathe in that lying position. He suddenly remembered this morning's incident. Soyu, her name is Soyu. At last, he got her name, it was funny how this morning was when he wishes to know her name and he got it in two hours time today. 

She's a sweet girl, such a contrast to the first meeting she had. Well, alcohol does wonderful changes to person, he meant it sarcastically. She looked prettier up close, it made her features seem sharper, she is gorgeous indeed. Hyunjin took his phone and search for the number he had saved this morning, he named her 'Soyu-nim' for some reason. She is a little special although it is a little too fast to say that. Hyunjin wanted to text her and asked if she is at home yet but he remembered that it is already one in the morning so she might be sleeping already. He took a last glimpse of his phone before covering it with his pillow.

Beep.

It was his phone, he received a tect message. No way! It's not who he thinks it is right? Hyunjin took his phone, covering the screen, he slowly slides his hands from the screen, hoping that it would be the person he expects to hear from. His smile disappeared when he saw the name of a person he least expected to hear from. It was his friend from Busan, they were high school mates and drinking buddies but it has been months since Hyunjin ever heard from him. 

"Are you up for a drink this weekend?" Hyunjin read the message that was sent to him and instead of replying through text, he called straight away.

"Where the hell have you been? Did you came back from your grave after spending 8 miserable month in hell?" Hyunjin joked.

"Ya Hyunjin-ah~ It's been so long, huh? I just remembered how much I miss your unnecessary remarks!" the other line answered.

"What's going on? Calling me suddenly..." Hyunjin scratched his head, he hope its not to borrow money or something although he knows his friend is not a person who does such a thing.

"You sound as if I'm going to borrow money from you!" his friend laughed but Hyunjin kept quiet. Then there was a silence.

"What the- You really thought I would do that?!" his friend shouted trough the phone.

"It didn't cross my mind at all. But now that you've mentioned it..."Hyunjin joked again.

"Stop it, please! I'm introducing you to my girlfriend this weekend!" he could tell his friend was smiling on the other end of the line.

"Kiseok-ah~ Yaa.... Congratz!" Hyunjin smiled widely, happy for his friend, sincerely - almost. He is a little jealous.

"You should introduce me yours too!" Kiseok said happily.

"What?" 

"I heard from Jihyun, a girl went to the office and were holding your awms and all in public. Jihyun also mentioned she is pretty! She must be really pretty. Jihyun was blabbering about her getting plastic surgeries and all. If Jihyun is that jealous then I'm sure hse is pretty. Who is this girl?" Kiseok teased with his Busan dialect.

"She is just someone I accidentally met.." 

"Accidentally met and she is holding your arms. Did my friend changed in a short 8 months? Did my advice get to you somehow?" Kiseok kept on teasing.

"If you're going to talk onsense, I'll hang up." 

"I was about to end the call anyway... See you on Saturday! Bes ure to bring HER with you!" 

"Mind Your Own Business!" Hyunjin managed to scold him before he hung up.

Jihyun sure spread the news fast. Kiseok must be really curious about him. He just learnt about Hyunjin meeting a girl this morning from Jihyun and he quickly called up to check. Where has he gone for 8 months and he acts as if he has the right to tell Hyunjin what to do. It's a shame he has friends like Kiseok and Jihyun.

Hyunjin was taking off his sweater when he got another message. 

"Goodnight! It's nice to know someone new today! :)" Hyunjin read the message and when he checks the name, it was from Soyu. A smile slowly crept upon his face. What a great night.

 


 

A/N: Hello!! An Update at last... I've miss this story a lot!!! HEheheheheh~~ I found out that Madclown's real name is Jo Dongrim. This is the confirmed one! Should I change the name of Madclown tfrom Hyunjin to dongrim since that is his real name? It will cause confusion but won't it be better... I'll go with what my readers says..

Oh, and Kiseok is Simon D's birth name. One more thing... I know Simon D broke up with Lady jane.. hurhur~~ But I just like the two together, and they seem nice even after breakup so I will still put a little hope on their relationship.