What's Your Name, Oppa?

The Final Piece

The smell of egg, kimchi and coffee, a familiar smell in the morning for Hyun Jin. Mornings are the best part of the day for him but today is an exception because his head is spinning and it's Monday. He is going to be working overtime with this headache. He doesn't know how he is going to survive today but you got to do what you have to do. Hyun Jin pecks his mum on the cheeks before going to the front door to wear his shoes, not forgetting to search his pockets to check if he forgets something. 

"Omma, I'm going~ Thank you for the hangover seaweed soup!" Hyun Jin called out as he closes the front door. 

Today is going to be just like one of the days where people will forget his name and he will need to remind them what is his name again and again. It's going to be the day that he spend long hours just drowning himself with workloads. However, he finds it ironic that even though he does this everyday, he wasn't exactly bored because he have people to communicate with. Who cares if they don't know his name? At least he is outside of the house, outside of his room that brings back only bad memories. Hyun Jin took a left turn after walking two blocks away from his house, he wants to buy a drink that would accompany him through the train ride. A bottle of chrysanthemum tea would be perfect.

Hyun Jin entered the shop and went straight to the drinks area to look for chrysanthemum tea but someone at the counter caught his eye. Hyun Jin squinted his eyes and moved closer to the counter after taking out his drink. He was right, it's the girl from yesterday. The one who was drunk and acted like a crazy ahjumma. She looks different, she is wearing a nice clean white dress with a ribbon at the front that matches well with her brown heels. He wouldn't be able to recognise her if it wasn't for her hair. That dark brown hair and blonde streaks would probably remain in his memory forever.

"3,000 won miss..."

"Ye~" she answered the staff behind the counter with a sweet smile as she hands the money to him.

"Thank you~" he said, blushing.

Hyun Jin watches her as she place her money into her wallet. She let out a soft sigh and adjusted her fringe. Hyun Jin's eyes followed her till she went out the store and that's when his brain stars working. He shook his head a little and settled the payment for the drink that he bought. She sure looks pretty in something decent, he knew she would look better without the blonde streak. Hyun Jin made his way straight to the nearest subway to go to his workplace. There she is again, standing at the corner waiting for the train too. Hyun jin decides to go nearer to her, maybe take the same cabin as her just to look at her. What? A man needs to have his eye candy too. He likes her features, they were unique. Her eyes aren't too big, her nose is just right and her lips is a little plump but when she smiles, it forms a fine line. Her chubby cheeks contributed to how attractive she is as her hair fits perfectly on her face shape.

"Sinchon Station" the train station was announced.

Hyun Jin quickly walk out and what surprises him is that the girl he was looking at the entire time is going out the train too. She walks calmly towards Exit 2 and he too exits through there. Hyun Jin frowns at the situation, how come she is going to the same way as him? They have been so near but so far at the same time. How can his house and hers be close and today is the only day he noticed this. Maybe they've passed each other a lot of time but only did he start noticing her today just because of the drunk incident yesterday. 

When they went out of the station already, she turned to the left and he turn to the right. She looks like she is in her twenties. So, it means that she is probably in a University. Ewha Women University? Could it be that she is from there? If she is, then the rumour about Ewha University having beautiful females is true? Hyun Jin felt like a stalker, he knows her house and school, what else will he find out about her. The only thing that he needs is her name left and he would feel better. 

"If you're late, I'm just gonna go." Soyu adjust the phone on her ears. 

"I'm coming!!!" her cousin who was on the other line of the phone shouted, making Soyu laugh.

"I'm just kikdding! Take your time~" Soyu smiled and hang up the phone. 

Soyu took out her lip balm and apply it on her lips. She used her phone to study her reflection before keeping it inside the bag again. She was supposed to meet her cousin, Nana, today. Nana asked for her help to give a document to her father because he forgets them on his way to work. Nana remembered that her father said the document is very important. However, she can't give it to her father by herself because she is busy with a school project and since Soyu is having her holiday, she thought Soyu could help. From afar, she saw Nana walking towards her and they waved at each other as if they haven't seen each other for weeks when they just met 3 days ago.

"Give me Uncle's number, I will need to call him when I reach his office." Soyu said calmly as she gets ready to type the numbers Nana passes to her.

"I'm so thankful for this Soyu~ Appa said it's really important." Nana hugged Soyu tight.

"No Prob! You helped me a lot in the past.. This is the least I could do!" Soyu lets go of the hug.

After taking the documents from Nana, Soyu went straight to the company. It was just a 20 minute walk from Sinchon Station through exit 2, except instead of turning to the left, she had to walk to the right. Soyu walked into the building and called her uncle to inform him that she was already in the building waiting for him. Soyu walked to the lift area so she can just pass it to her uncle and walk around Shopper's Nirvana near the University streets! They sell really nice clothes there and sometimes the shop owners will offer discounts just to get more customers. A group of co-workers walked towards the lift area to wait for the lift, they were talking seriously until a person decided to interrupt their conversation. 

"What is the stupid guy's name?" the loud office worker asked his colleagues. 

"Hyunjin!" the taller one among the others answered.

"You remembered?" he asked again.

"Of course, he reminded us a lot of times already!" the others laughed.

"Ya! He just don't get anything, doesn't he? His brain is slow!"

"What's worse is that he just listens to whatever people tells him to do.."

"Yeah oppa~ You know i asked him to do my extra work and he really did it without asking. I got a pay raise because of that." a younger lady from the group bragged as she laughed loudly with the rest. 

"Speaking of the devil...There is Hyungjin." the tall guy from before pointed his finger at a guy who was making his way towards the lift area.

Soyu turned to look out of curiousity. She had to see who that person is since they likes to make fun of him so much and she can't believe there is such a stupid person in this world. However, her eyes widened at his presence. It's the stranger! It's the guy she saw when she was drunk! He is the one who told her to be careful~ So, his name is Hyungjin?

"Soyu..." she turned around to see her uncle smiling at her widely.

"Uncle~ Here..." Soyu passed the thick brown envelope to her uncle as she smiled widely. 

"You should come up first, it's been a long time since we had a chat..."

"It's ok Uncle... I wanna go shopping~" Soyu giggled.

"I insist that you spend a little time chatting with me. It's boring up there..." her uncle crossed his arms.

"That's the reason why I refuse to go up but for you... just for today, i will lend some of my time to you..." Soyu uncle. 

Just when she is about to go up the lift with her uncle, she saw the group of colleague talking with Hyunjin as if he was a friend of theirs when they were clearly insulting him just now.

"Uncle, wait... Do you know those guys?" 

"Of course... They are all under me." Soyu smiled at her uncle's responds.

"Uncle, wait here for a while..." Soyu excuse herself as she walked towards the group.

"Hyunjin oppa!!" she called the guy who's back was on her.

He turned to facer and he was shocked at her presence.

"Oppa~ Where did you go yesterday? You said you wanted to send me home?" Soyu slipped her hands to hug his arms. 

He looks so puzzled with her action but she kept going with her act. The faces on the co-workers 

"I had to come here to look for you... I did tell you that my uncle works here, right? Come, my uncle is waiting for us..." Soyu said as she pointed towards her uncle.

The group who was already shocked , looked at who she was pointing to and they were even more surprised at who they were looking at. Her uncle is one of the higher ranking official in the company. The tall guy cleared his throat as he scratched the back of his head. Soyu quickly pulled Hyunjin away from the group, she was annoyed at their actions. It's disgusting to see people like them. 

"What are you doing?" she looked at Hyunjin and smiled.

"I'm helping you..." she answered calmly.

"Helping me? For... what?" he asked with a frown.

She looked at him in disbelief. This guy really doesn't know anything. How can a person be so clueless? She shook her head and laughed. This is something funny to her. She might have looked really stupid to him right now. This is embarassing for her. However, she still walked towards her uncle with her arms around his arm. 

"Let's just say that I returned you a favour. K?" Soyu smiled at her uncle as they entered the lift together.

She swear that she will get questioned by her uncle later and everything might seem like a stupid reason to her uncle. If she doesn't answer her uncle well, he might tell this to her parents and they would call her and nag as if she did something very wrong. They will nag about how they gave her money to study and not date. They will come visit her in Seoul and stay here for a while just to make sure she is not with someone. Well, she did promised them that she won't be in a relationship untill she graduate, which of course, is totally a blatant lie that her parents wasn't able to grasp on. That's not her fault anyway. 

43SISTAR-Soyu-Give-It-To-Me-Teaser.jpg

"Sunggyu...." a light tap could be felt on his cheeks.

"Errmm.. Omma~" Sunggyu opened his eyes slowly.

"You're going to be late for the New Zealand trip darling.. Why are you sleeping in the afternoon? It's so unlike you." his mom ruffles his hair softly.

Sunggyu visited his mum this morning after the traumatic incident that happened to him this morning with Soyu. He wonders if Soyu is doing alright today especially after he came to her house like there was nothing wrong when he knows that she knew he was sleeping with some other girls.

"I don't feel like going anywhere... Can we skip New Zealand?" Sunggyu hugged his mum lovingly and closed his eyes again.

"You were the on who wanted this.. Now that I've already prepared the trip for you, you want to cancel it?" his mum frowned and smacks his shoulder profusely.

"AAHH! Omma!" Sunggyu screams in pain. 

"Do you want to go to New Zealand now?" his mum squinted her eyes. 

"Yes! but... It's just that I did something really bad and I haven't officially apologize yet. It doesn't feel right to leave without begging for forgiveness..." Sunggyu's expression changes abruptly at the thought of Soyu.

"What did you do now?" she rolled her eyes.

"Do you remember Soyu?" Sunggyu asked and when his mum nodded, he continued, "I did something wrong to her and we broke up..."

"What?! What did you do?" his mum frowned.

"I..."

"Sunggyu, she is a sweet girl. Plus, she is the first girl you ever brought home to introduce to us. She doesn't seem like the type to break up over a small matter. What did you do?" 

"Omma... Not now.. I need time. After coming back from the New Zealand trip, I will tell you... That is if I'm ready." Sunggyu smiled slightly.

"I need to wait for two weeks to hear your mistake?!" his mum asked, horrified.

"Omma.. Just two weeks! Please..." Sunggyu pleaded before he walked to the bathroom to wash up and get ready for his trip. 

Luckily, he has already packed all the things that he need last week. He checked on a lot of things so, it was safe to say he brought everything he needs already. When Sunggyu opened the door to the bathroom, he heard his mum sighed and walked out of the room. If he were to tell his mum that he's been sleeping with a lot of girls while he is with Soyu then that might lead him into a big trouble. He won't be able to go to New Zealan and this trip is something he needs the most to be honest. He wants to clear his mind and thinkg about himself and Soyu.  He needs to know what he is expecting in the future with Soyu and if he is able to remain loyal through out the relationship. It would hurt him and Soyu if something happens to both of them because of hin. He wants to be physically and mentally prepared for this if he wish to continue with Soyu.

Sunggyu still remembers the day when he first got to know Soyu. Well, his naughtiness is what led him to know Soyu. When Soyu was helping an elderly to pick up her belongings that fell to the ground, Sunggyu had checked her out. She was wearing this short skirt that revealed her thigh and his eyes just couldn't stop admiring her. She had a different body type than the usual girls that he sees. She has a more defined shape than the rest. He remembered rushing towards her and helping her pick up those things that fell and pass it to the elderly. She offered to help her carry the things to her home and he helped too because he wanted to talk to her. However, she kept on talking to the elderly sweetly and asking some really lame things such as her children and grandchildren. That elderly starts blabbering about her life.

There is one thing that he liked about the elderly though. She said they make a good couple and he didn't waste any time to ask for her number after that. Surprisingly, she didn't act like it was a burden, she just gave it to him and she told him the time she is available for call. Anytime after 11 AM and before 9 PM, he still remember that call curfew she strictly mentioned to him. Sunggyu texted her almost everyday and after a week, they decided to go out to have fun. Just walk around Hongdae and drink something to relief themself. It turns out, Soyu moved back to Korea after a long time to continue her studies here. She was currently living at Japan. She is living alone and he remembers that a part of him brightened up after finding that out because if they were to hook up, he doesn't need to think of a place to spend the night with her. 

Sunggyu shook his head. He needs to bath now. He will have time to think about Soyu again when he arrives in New Zealand. That reminds him, maybe he should tell Soyu that he won't be in Korea for two weeks, just in case.