We Need A Break

The Final Piece

-Warning- There might be some curses here and there~

 

“I’ll be over there if you need me.” The gorgeous man that she have been with for the past three years winked.

His hazel eyes, sharp nose and beautiful shaped lips always make her held her breathe. His lips especially, the way he would kiss her and how she wishes he would slow down at times so she could fully devour his taste. His finger that runs on her cold skin sent shivers down her spine. The way he looks into her eyes whenever he stops in between kisses made her feel for the first time in a while that she was special at last.

He is the first person who gave her the attention she needs. He was the first person who managed to let her open up and just talk about herself. He was the one who claimed that she was his in front of his friends and he was the one who knew what she wants and needs in life. He occupied her mind almost every day; she thought she would go crazy. It’s like she was obsessed with him.

He was the first one that made her disappointed with herself because she wasn’t like those pretty Barbie in school that meets his standards. Yes, he is the first person who gave her the attention she needs but right now all she wants is his attention. Soyu’s eyes followed where Sunggyu was going and she saw him caressing another girls’ arm at the far end of the club.

“You still into that er?” suddenly a familiar husky voice whispered to her.

She could feel his lips near her ears and she felt disgusted but she didn’t move. She just looked at her boyfriend who is now whispering some ‘who-knows-what-ual-pick-up-line’ to an attractive woman and it made her cursed under her breath. The guy beside her is now sliding his hands to hug her waist and all she wanted was for that person to be Sunggyu and she would willingly let him but right now…

“Ji Hoon... Stop it! Do I have to mention the consequences if you mess with me?”

“Relax! Your boyfriend is the one flirting with some other hoe. I’m just trying to console you” Ji hoon kissed her cheeks before walking away.

Soyu swore that if she didn’t dress up for this stupid party and if she wasn’t in the middle of people dancing close to each other, she would cry. She will cry her heart out and just scream every little freaking curse she knows right at Sunggyu’s face. She wants to let him taste his own medicine!

She wants him to know how it felt to have the person you call your own, sleep with strangers. She wants him hurt! She wants him to beg for forgiveness because she wasted her three freaking years with him. She wants Sunggyu to lose everything for her like how she lost everything for him. Yes, she wants him to suffer but she believes that if she were to sleep with so many guys and let Sunggyu know about them. What special would it make her? Nothing! She will be just like the other hoes he slept with. That’s the last thing she ever wanted to happen.

Soyu walked over to her best friend and gave her a nudge on the shoulder. Her best friend who is stunning today, no scratch that, who is stunning EVERY day has always been the person who was there for her. They would cuss Sunggyu together until she felt better. Ailee smiled at her when she turned to look at who was poking her shoulders from just now.

“Your boyfriend is on it again! Be alert” Soyu said, hinting Ailee that her boyfriend is preying on other girls in the club.

How can someone as pretty and nice as Ailee have a boyfriend that thought about cheating on her? If even Ailee goes through that then who is she to not have a boyfriend that goes for other girls?

“That jerk never learns…” Ailee sighed as she clutched her fist.

“Jihoon went that way.” Soyu pointed to the bathroom area with her lips.

“If I ever see his smooching on other girls this time, I’m going to cut his freaking tongue!”

“If that happens, remind me to help you out with it!” Soyu laughed but it didn’t take long for her smile to disappear.

Ailee noticed and understood the reason for the quick change in her expression because she saw Sunggyu walking over to the group of girls at the corner of the club. Ailee hugged Soyu’s body tight and sighed. She knows Ailee wants her to feel better but the hug just made her feel much worse than before. It reminds her of how pathetic she is. How can she not say anything to her boyfriend when she knows her boyfriend is chasing some other girl’s tail?

“Go home. Bath. And sleep. Tomorr-“

“Tomorrow he’s going to come to me again, apologize for what he had done yesterday and kiss me on the forehead like nothing has happened. And he knows I’m going to forgive him because of how I feel about him. He knows I’m going to let this whole thing go because I love him. I’m stupid!” Soyu shook her head.

“Look! Just… Tomorrow if he apologizes, just don’t think of accepting it. Let’s try a different approach…” Ailee massaged the side of her fore head.

Ailee is even more stress because she had told Sunggyu too many times that he is hurting Soyu badly. She had told Sunggyu that what he is doing is selfish. She told Sunggyu that Soyu would leave him for this soon and even though at first he decided to stop, he will return back to the start. Nothing works on Sunggyu anymore. Sometimes Ailee wonders if Sunggyu still love Soyu. Ailee watches her friend walks out the club with her head down. She swears she’s going to give Sunggyu a piece of her mind later. 

tumblr_ms622reymA1rjjff9o1_500.jpg

 

They clanked their small glass to each other’s. Even though this is the first time he drank with his father, he could see himself not doing it again in the future. It’s so awkward and all his father ever talks about when he is drunk is his teenage years. The teenage years that his father claimed he was the best fighter in the neighborhood.

Hyun Jin never thought his father would actually make him believe that. Even when the Ahjumma next door verbally assaulted their family, his father would apologize again and again without knowing what his mistake was. His father didn’t even look at the ahjumma in the eyes and he called himself a fighter in his neighborhood.

If his father was the best fighter in the neighborhood, then he could be the most handsome person in Seoul. Come on, who are they trying to kid? He has always been the most average guy anyone could have met. He is just ‘a person I know’ type of guy not only to women but men too. He never had any close friends. He was alone to begin with, always alone and forever will be alone. He remembered how it was his second year in his workplace but some people doesn’t even remember what his name is because he was too overshadowed by the rest.

“Cho Hyun Jin!” he would smile whenever they asked what his name was for the umpteenth times in a week for the whole two years.

“Hyun Jin-ah~ you listening to what I say? You been sitting like a fool since just now… Are you… ev..payi.. tion..” that was it and his father started snoring.

Luckily, he told his dad that it was a better idea to drink at home rather than at the street stalls. If they were to drink at some street stall, he would die of exhaustion just by carrying his heavy father on his back.

Hyun Jin adjusts his round spectacles and the end of his sweater before calling his mum to help him carry his dad into the house.  After putting his father to bed, he decided to walk at the park for a breath of fresh air. One of his weird habits is to make sure that he takes a walk around the neighborhood after drinking because he believes that it would make him have lesser headache when he wakes up in the morning.

That reminds him that tomorrow is a Monday and it was a mistake to be drinking today. How is he supposed to handle hangover and concentrate with work at the same time tomorrow? He even applied for overtime for the whole week! His father just had to make him drink today of all day, doesn’t he?  Sometimes, he needs to remind himself that he should only drink on Fridays and Saturdays.

Hyun Jin keeps on walking further down the street and he realized that he hasn’t been to this part of the neighborhood before. It’s a lot more quiet and dark here, similar to those streets where horror movies are filmed at. Hyun Jin looked down and kept on walking, not bothered by the scary thoughts that have been playing in his mind. He have no time for all that, he has other things to worry about. Something like, what he needs to buy for his girlfriend, literally a friend who is a girl, on her birthday in two weeks’ time. When he looks up, his eyes caught a figure of a lady wearing a mini black dress. Her short dark brown hair with a highlight of blonde at the tip of it covers half of her face. She keeps on walking with her head down and when they were getting closer, she slowly drops to her knees. Her shoulder jerked up and down. He could hear her soft sobs and all he could do was just stare.

 It didn’t take long for her to look up and glare at him with her smudged eye makeup. Her lips still quivering as she wiped the tears on her cheeks.

“Haven’t seen anybody cry before ?” she asked in her hoarse voice. 

Hyun Jin look around him and turn back to look at her still staring at him, waiting for his answer.

“What? Ahh.. I’m sorry…” Hyun Jin turned his back on her hesitantly and continued walking only to stop on his track again.

He looks around the neighborhood and it’s not actually an ideal place for a woman to cry alone dressed like that. Who knows if there is any drunkard walking around here trying to find a prey for himself? Hyun Jin sighed.

“You know it’s not safe to be sitting here alone dressing like that…” he pointed out to her clothes.

She looked down at her clothes for a while before frowning as she stands on her feet. Her state of confusion made him think that she isn’t even aware of what affect she might cause to drunkards. Hyun Jin shook his head in disbelief.

“What your point?” she asked at last.

She was still frowning and when she started laughing, he knew that she gets what he is trying to say. Even though he was expecting a different reply from her, at least knowing that she understand what he meant is good enough.  Suddenly, she stopped laughing and she looks at him, her eyes staring at him coldly.

“Who are you to care?! Since when did anybody care! Ouh?!” she finally said after her impromptu silence.

“You’re drunk... You should go home.” he did feel a little sympathy looking at her this way because if there is anyone who knows best about being ignored then that's him but he was not going to talk to a stranger about this matter. He just doesn’t want to be involved in a messy-drunk girl’s conversation.

“I know… !” she shouted before walking past him, making sure that her shoulders hit him as she lets out a soft laugh.

When he turns around to look at her, she was dragging herself towards a lighted alley, probably taking a shortcut to her house. Hyun Jin sighed. It was still dangerous to him for a half-conscious girl wearing a very short dress walking through an alley. He followed her. His heart doesn’t feel good to let the girl go home alone. That was his weakness, always thinking more about others than himself.

The girl walking in front of him is swaying left to right constantly as if she is dancing, humming herself to a music of her own. She started laughing at some point and then begins to cry in another, if she was just another neighborhood ahjumma, he would think she was crazy or something. Suddenly, she stopped on her tracks and went to the side of the alley, throwing out everything that was in her stomach. She held her head and started vomiting again, wiping her lips with her arms after that. Hyun Jin shrugged at the sight in front of him.

She took a few minute to rest, sitting on the other side of the alley, daydream about something. She keeps on looking at the sky and then when she decided to stand up, she placed her hands on the wall and slowly brought herself up. Hyun Jin made sure he kept a safe distance and after just a few steps, they arrive at her house. She searched for the keys in her bag and sighed as if she can’t find anything in her bag but when she did, she smiled widely.

Hyun Jin waited until he was sure that she was inside her house and won’t come out to make any more trouble. When he was certain she is fast asleep, he went back home. Today, is definitely something new to him. 

tumblr_mt2gknu9ki1r9pyqgo1_r1_500.jpg

 

“Aaarrgghhhh” Sunggyu groans when suddenly bright light enters his eyes.

“Close the freaking window!” Sunggyu covers his head with the pillow.

He knew right away that he’s not in his house or even Soyu’s room. If it was his room, nobody would even bother to wake him up. If it was in Soyu’s room, she would wake him up with kisses all over his face and he would wake up feeling sweet and loved. This time he wonders who he slept with.

“It’s time for you to wake up babe… My dad is coming home anytime soon and I don’t need any more trouble around me…” Sunggyu looked at the person who was talking.

It was Yubin. She’s smiling widely at him, satisfied of what had happened last night. He can’t remember last night and he was glad he didn’t. Sunggyu looked at the clock beside the bed, its 9 A.M in the morning. It was too early to be up from bed but looking at how Yubin seem to be worried of how her dad will say about this scandalous picture of her daughter sleeping with someone, Sunggyu decided to just get out of here as fast as he can.

“You know you should have thought about that before bringing me to your place next time…” Sunggyu smirked.

“And you should see the look on your girlfriend’s face yesterday when she saw you gluing your hands all over me!” she retorted with a small grin.

“Soyu saw us last night?” he asked again, just to make sure.

“Is she sick or something? She knows you are cheating on her but how come she never leaves you?” Yubin placed a finger on her lips.

“That’s what makes her a keeper. She’s loyal…” Sunggyu winked.

“Too bad it’s towards a selfish jerk!” Yubin threw his trousers on the bed.

She watches him dress and she giggled when he had some troubles buttoning his shirt.

“I’m feeling bad for the girl Gyu… Remind me not to sleep with you again.” She said smiling.

“That’s what you said the last time we met!” Sunggyu shook his head before he walked out the room.

Right at the moment he steps outside the gate of Yubin’s house, he climbs onto his car which was parked right beside the entrance. He needs to be in one place today and that is his girlfriend’s place. She saw him again last night and she didn’t bother to stand up for herself. How did he forget that she isn’t one to resent him for his wrongdoing? She did talk to him once about this and he expected her to curse him at the top of her lungs but she didn’t. She said slowly and softly that she must have lack something that couldn’t satisfy him that’s why he’s looking for other women.

Sunggyu swore that that wasn’t the case. Soyu was all perfect and just right for him. It’s just that he, himself, has a habit of going around to different women at night and when he does that, he just forgets about Soyu for a moment. If only she interrupted any conversation he had with any girls, he would have forgotten about sleeping with any of them but the thing is she didn’t. He wonders what’s in her head.

Sunggyu dialed Soyu’s number on his phone and when the other line was unreachable, he started to panic. Was yesterday the final straw? Sunggyu shudders at the thought of losing Soyu this way. He finds it weird that he didn’t want to lose Soyu but he is doing things that would make him lose her. However, deep down inside he knew why he does these things to her. He just needed more time because the insecurities he is feeling inside is hurting him as much he is hurting Soyu.

After driving for what feels like a year, he reached Soyu’s house and he didn’t need to even knock at the front gate. It was already open as if expecting his arrival. When he went inside, he saw Soyu sitting down at the tea table located at the house mini garden.

“I was expecting you to come later than this since you might be tired but now that you’re here… What’s up?” she said in the most sarcastic tone he have ever heard her used.

“Nothing… Just that I think I miss my girlfriend.” Sunggyu jerked his shoulder up.

“Cut the crap Gyu… I’m ready to listen to your sorry .” Soyu said tensely.

“Soyu babe… I am so sorry about yesterday. I was distracted and I was not being myself at all. I just-“

“Correction! You were being yourself yesterday…” Soyu looked away.

“Babe….” Sunggyu grabbed onto Soyu’s hands.

He was afraid for sure and he is speechless.

“Sunggyu… I’ve thought about it hard this morning and I think we need a break.” Soyu said, her eyes welled up with tears.

“We both know that’s not what you want…” Sunggyu held her cheeks and kiss them softly.

“You’re right… This is not what I want.” She pushes his hands away.

“but this is what I need.” She stood up, “this is what we both need…”

Soyu walked into her house after that and Sunggyu remained silent. It’s like he was cursed to be a statue and just freeze there. He deserves this he knows and he is going to let Soyu have her time. He will accept the fact that Soyu is tired. He needs to wake up and set things straight for himself so that Soyu will see how he really feels for her. However, he is not confident of what he will do in the future and right now he still hesitates with himself. Maybe Soyu is right, both of them needs a break so they can see what is in each of their heart.                                                            

tumblr_mcuzqeAoyg1qfvyrdo1_500.jpg

 

------

Initially, I was waiting for the posters but I can't wait to share it with you guys!!! ENJOY waiting for the next chappie~

------