Safety

The Perfect Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After that day Taeyeon avoided Tiffany like the plague. Two days had passed and Taeyeon did not speak a single word to Tiffany nor spare the girl a second glance. Tiffany tried to chase after Taeyeon at recess and lunch but Yuri always found a reason to hold her back. Tiffany had asked Yuri where Taeyeon was but Yuri just looked at her apologetically and shook her head. Tiffany sighed and followed her friends, along with Yuri, to the cafeteria.

 

Tiffany mindlessly prodded and poked at her food on the plate.

 

“Not hungry?” Sooyoung asked wakening Tiffany from her thoughts.

 

Tiffany shook her head and pushed the plate of untouched food towards Sooyoung who took it from her gratefully.

 

“I need to go to the bathroom.” Tiffany stood up and excused herself, glancing over at Yuri.

 

Yuri seemed to understand where Tiffany wanted to go and gave Tiffany a weak smile. She should be stopping Tiffany from going to find Taeyeon but Yuri knew that even though Taeyeon said to keep Tiffany away from her, the look in her eyes was saying the exact opposite.

 

Yuri mouthed something to Tiffany and Tiffany could just make out the shape of the words coming from Yuri’s lips.

 

Performing Arts.

 

"Thank you." Tiffany had mouthed back before disappearing out of the cafeteria.

 

***

 

Taeyeon sat in the corner of the music room. She had not spoken to nor caught sight of her sister since their phone conversation 2 days ago. It seemed her twin was avoiding her, just as she was avoiding Tiffany.

 

Love? Of course she loved Hayeon, they were biologically related, spent so much time together so love was natural between the two. However, Taeyeon was surprised to hear the words from Hayeon herself. She had told Hayeon she loved her multiple times but to hear the word “love” coming from Hayeon herself was unheard of…and Taeyeon did not know how to interpret it...But it was enough for Taeyeon to let go of Tiffany.

 

If you want me to Hayeon…then I will…because I love you too.

 

Taeyeon straightened out her legs and leaned back against the wall as he eyes panned the music room. Her gazed drifted over the many musical instruments stacked up against the wall before they settled on a violin case. Her fingers itched to feel the stringed instrument and bow within the palm of her hands.

 

***

 

Tiffany made her way up the stairs of the Performing Arts building when the soft music notes from a lone violin stopped her in her tracks. It was a familiar tune, one that she had heard Taeyeon hum to. Tiffany followed the direction of the sound, her feet taking her to the music room at the end of the hallway. Tiffany opened the door just a crack and peered in, with the curtains drawn the room was pitch black save for the rays of sunlight pouring in from one window that was missing its curtains. And standing in the centre of that golden halo was Kim Taeyeon, eyes closed and body fully immersed in creating the most beautiful music Tiffany had ever heard. Tiffany was at a lost for words, it was hard to imagine that this was Kim Taeyeon, the nervous and timid girl.

 

A gust of wind blew the door wide open, slamming it against the wall. Taeyeon's eyes snapped open and the music abruptly stopped. Sunlight streamed in through the open door and she could see the silhouette of another person standing in the doorway. The light was too bright to make out who the person was. Taeyeon dropped the stringed instrument to the ground and the sound of impact reverberated around the darkened room. Taeyeon slowly backed away into the far corner of the room. The person stepped in, they were coming closer to her. Taeyeon sank to her knees, folding in on herself, her eyes were shut tight and body shaking uncontrollably.

 

"Taeyeon." The familar husky voice whispered.

 

Taeyeon slowly opened her eyes, lifting her head up to meet Tiffany's concerned face.

 

"Taeyeon-ah." Tiffany crouched down next to her, keeping her distance.

 

Taeyeon locked gazes with Tiffany, blinking back tears. But it was too late as the tears had already spilled over.

 

"Taeyeon!" Tiffany sounded surprised.

 

Taeyeon didn't know why she was crying. Was it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter