Chapter 1

It Started by Eye Smile

"Our next performance, please welcome After School!" said the hosts for KBS's Music Bank.

Manager Kim asked for a postponement while we examined Seungho, who was hurt.

'Yah! Let us perform, all that happened was that I tripped over a stupid wire," he growled.

"And your cut your forehead and you burned your arm! Isn't that enough?" barked the manager.

They continued to argue until the Manager gave in.

"Fine. If anything happens, you better clean the mess up," he said, clearly frustrated. We knew Manager Kim didn't want Seungho's curent condition to worsen. He was a really good manager who cherished his group unlike other managers we have heard through the walls of the dressing rooms.

"He looks bad doesn't he?" Mark asked me. I nodded in agreement. Mark was an assisstant like me, except soon, he would fill the spot of a makeup artist who was going to retire his job soon.

He was one of my good friends that endured this job with me. We both attended the same high school and college and people would probably call us best friends.

"Fix him up," manager Kim motioned.

"Mark," called Mina.

"Neh,"

"Change his clothes, makeup, and do touch-up as well as clean his wound,"

"Neh,"

"No," said Seungho comfortably.

Mina and Mark looked taken back.

"Are you going to go on stage in this condition?" Manager Kim asked, clearly suprised.

"No, I want Jikyung to do it for me," he said while looking at me.

"Fine, do whatever," Manager Kim said while rubbing his temples.

Mark patted my shoulder because he knew what I had to deal with. Mina shrugged her shoulders and went to organizing the makeup box.

~~~~

I blew over his wound on his arm. Seungho was being very quiet and it scared me a lot. I only had twenty minutes left and I had to re-do his makeup. I put a bandage on for him and I started to take off his makeup.

"Ssss," he hissed as I accidentally touched the wound on his forehead.

"Mianhe," I apologized.

I got no response but a look from him. It sent butterflies and chills at the same time. I was always intimidated by him and he probably knew this too.

After cleaning his face and wound. I started to conceal the teeniest spots he had. He had no blemishes but he had dark circles.

"You have a clean face," I complimented.

"I know," he replied. I was expecting a thanks but I guess not. I wanted to slap myself for complimenting for no reason at all. That boy probably checks himself out all the time.

I've only been an assisstant coordi for 5 months now and I talked to Joon and Thunder the most. They've actually treated me to coffee before. They thanked me for putting up with them.

I applied foundation and I brought out his features with white eyeshadow. I then did one smokey eye for him and I was pleased with my work. I helped him with his headset and I fixed his sleeve.

The cut was really bad considering he got it by tripping over a wire. I could tell he was in pain but I decided not to bother him too much.

Instead of rolling up his sleeves, I now had to roll them back down to hide his wound. Now for acessories.

"What acessories do you want to wear?" I asked while applying lipstick on his lips. He had nice lips I had to admit. I wanted to slap myself after thinking that. I felt my face heat up.

"Earring and ring and-" he cut off.

"Are you blushing?" he asked as he grinned.

"Earring, ring and what?"

"And it's probably because you like me huh?"

"Excuse me?"

"That's why you're blushing huh?"

"I'm blushing because it's hot"

"Oh but you said blushing. You should've said, 'I'm pink because it's warm in here'"

I glared at him and he shrugged at me.

I took the earring and I was determined to jab it in his ear. I had a scowl on my face and he looked smugly at me.

"No need to blush," he sang.

"Oh please. Why would I like you?" I scoffed while jabbing the ring onto his index finger.

He looked offended but he quickly recovered.

"Who would like you? Girl needs to deodorize," he said back to me.

I looked up at the ceiling and huffed with my hands on my hips.

"I ran out okay?" I said, madly.

"On in five Jikyung!"

"Neh!" I answered as I glared at Seungho. He laughed at me and brushed off lint from his shoulder.

I fixed his hair and my face was right in front of him. He decided to practice his vocals right at this moment.

(Ah Ah) heu reu neun nun mu re neol ji u ryeo hae
(Ah Ah) kkae kkeut ha ge neo ui gyeot eur tteo nal su bak ke
(Ah Ah) neon neo mu swip ge tteo na ga ryeo hae
(Ah Ah) yeoja mit ji maaa   aaoojoa

He spit while emphasizing the last word. I closed my eyes from frustration and wiped off his spit.

"You are so annoying," I said through my teeth.

"I love you too babe," he winked.

"Let's go let's go let's go!!!!!!" Manager Kim cried. He looked at me for more than a second before moving me aside so he could get off his swivel chair.

He lined up and right before he left the room, he blew a kiss towards my direction.

"Ugh," I stomped as the door closed.

"Looks like someone had fun," Mina and Mark chimed. They laughed at my frustrated and tortuted look.

"It's only the beginning honey, I had to put up with him from the start of their debut," Mina said as she patted my shoulder.

All of us collapsed onto the sofas while we watched the performance. In the room was Kevin, who was in charge of the closet and theme. Mina was the head coordi. Alex and Luna were coodis. Mark and I were assistant coordis. Since Alex was leaving soon, Mark would fill his shoes and there would be no more assisstant coordis coming in which meant we had to work even harder. Jake was in charge of headsets, mic, etc. So in all, the seven of us were in charge of everything that had to do with looks, mics, and making sure no one could spot a blemish on the members bodies. We had to make them look perfect. Manager Kim was our boss and Bi Rain was our Boss's boss.

We drank coffee and ate snacks while watching the television which showed MBLAQ performing their song 'Stay'.

"How old are you this year Jikyung?" Alex asked.

"I'm currently 22 years old," I replied while reaching for a dorito chip.

"You youngins. We're all going to reach thirty real soon," he laughed.

"We're gonna miss you! You're gonna go to Hollywood!" Mina said, envious of Alex.

"Don't forget us!" we all chimed in.

"Don't worry! I'll be sure to spread the name of MBLAQ around in the U.S.," he said with thumbs up. We continued to chat until we heard some footsteps.

"Looks like they're back!" Luna announced. She opened the door to exhausted members and since this was the last schedule to their day's work, they collapsed onto the couch.

"How did we do noona?" Mir asked me, happily.

I gave him two thumbs up and he was satisfied.

"Wanna go for a midnight snack Jikyung?" Thunder asked.

"Sure why not?" I smiled.

"Come on, let's take off your scary makeup," I teased as I pushed him to the chair.

I took off his makeup and he cleaned his face at the sink. The boys changed into their normal clothes behind the curtains provided and I packed things up. Since we rode in Mina's van, we had to put everything into her trunk. The members went with Manager Kim and we went with Mina. We were all headed to the main building where all of our cars were parked.

"See you soon," Thunder smiled.

"See you," I smiled back while grabbing my bag. I saw Seungho looking at me and I cleared my throat. I rubbed my neck and he paused and looked like he was going to say something, but instead, he just walked off.