New Neighbors

The Official GazeBaby

It was early when I woke up, and surprisingly i slept without any real need to wake up. So when I climb out of bed the first place I go to is the baby's room. He's already awake and playing with his feet. Now, normally he's still asleep at this hour. So, with slight shock I pick him up and start towards the kitchen. The whole way he's quietly stuffing my hair into his tiny mouth and looking aroundd as if he expects someone to jump out at him. In the kitchen I grab the formula and his bottle and start preparing breakfast for my youngest. His little eyes watch everything with amusement. 

"You're such a curious baby. Are you that amused by mommy making your food?"

He just smiles even though I know he doesn't know what I'm talking about. After the microwave stops I grab the bottle and start to feed him and in that time the doorbell rings. Quietly I go and open it, thinking that maybe it was Miyavi. However I'm shocked to find it's his friend from yesterday.

"Well, either I'm really lucky or I did something amazing a few month's ago."

"Hi, Ruki."

"Takanori."

"Huh?"

"My name is Takanori."

"Oh, okay. shouldn't be too hard to remember. Anyway did you need something?"

"Yeah, unm, my dog got out and well I wanted to know if you saw him. Anyway, you might want to keep the kids inside. I don't know how he'll react to his new surroundings."

"Oh all right then."

He smiles and turns to leave, but then stops.

"I didn't get your name."

"Yukana."

"That's Pretty. Maybe I'll see you around."

"I'm confused."

"Me and my bandmates moved in nextdoor. Anyway I have to go."

"Oh..."

He jumps off the porch and leaves the yard by hopping over the fence. AS he does so four others lean over and stare over at me, two of them wave and then they're all going back to whatever they were doing before. I turn around and close the door, my eyes landing on Kei.

"Well, little one, this should be interesting."


I am sorry, I've been having terrible on and off again writer's block. Please forgive me Promise I'll make it up to you.