Final

The Rainy Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6wWMWYIxA4

The forecast says that it will rain today.

Do you know? Are you dreading it as much as I am?

I don’t want it to rain again. I don’t want to remember the pain again.

All the memories – happy and sad, the laughs shared, the heartfelt conversations, the celebrations, the heartbreaks, the tears shed – I want none of them. Can’t they be washed away just like as you did to my happiness? Can’t they be evaporated just like the rain?

You left, yet you forgot to take the past with you. How can you be so selfish to let me suffer that alone?

All I can ask is why.

Yet, your answers are like the rain sound.

Pit, pat. I feel two drops of moisture on the crown of my head, leading me to look up into the gloomy gray sky. The depressing clouds take captive of the sun and moon. It two in the afternoon, but it seems like ten at night – only it is a depressing night. There is no romance or happiness in the sky.

Drops upon drops continue to assault my insipid face. I open you neon green umbrella and shield myself from the raindrops that were increasing in velocity and magnitude. I remember when I first met you – you had this umbrella. Just like today, it was raining that day.

Running down the streets of Seoul to get to my dance class, I witnessed the boring nature of the city people. Rain poured onto the umbrellas that were either black or clear. Could people get more creative with their colors?

But there was one umbrella that stood out, perhaps way too much – a neon green one. Realizing that I was on the verge of being late to class, I began sprinting down the last block, haphazardly crashing into a guy with dark brown hair, who was entering the same building as me.

“Sorry!” we both exclaimed at the same time, followed by heartfelt chuckles. His coffee orbs practically melted me on the spot. His plump, pinks lips curved into a smirk when he noticed me observing his sculpted features.

“Ladies first,” he courteously held the door open for me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter