Part 4 (ending)

Eros

“Luhan, Minseok hunny stay close to me okay; you wouldn’t want to get lost would you? I think Mrs Lu would kill me if you disappeared Luhan”

Mrs Kim warned the two kids while playfully ruffling Luhan’s hair.


“We won’t umma! We’ll stay behind you and appa at all times” Xiumin displayed his fits in a fighting stance.


“Okay I trust you boys, are you ready for this?”


“YESS” They both enthusiastically chirped.

Luhan was at Gimyeong maze tagging along after Xiumin continuously begged his parents to let him crash in on yet another of the Kim’s ‘family’ bonding activities. Not that Mr and Mrs Kim actually cared. To them Luhan pretty much was a part of the family anyway. (They just liked to see Xiumin get so passionate, and he was finally making friends)

Xiumin and Luhan stood at the entrance of the shrubbery maze that seemed to loom over them, completely wrapping them in a smell of rich grass and summer. It was like they were walking into a jungle it was so big, yet in reality was barely 40cm above the Kims.
 

“Lulu, what...what if there are monsters in here?” Xiumin gulped

“No, No,Hyung, look! The suns out nothing bad ever happens when the suns out”
 

“But, Umma said the jungle has big scary tigers”
 

“and…and my umma says the jungles has tarantulas as big as your face”  Luhan gulped.

“What if they eat us hyung?”

Mr Kim had caught on to the youngsters overly dramatic conversation and couldn’t help himself.

“ Boy’s do you know the story of the tiger child?”
 

“…N…No” The children replied.
 

“ There was once a boy called sung-ho, who used to hunt down Bengal tigers in India and smuggle them back to korea as an act for the circus. Now kids, the circus life for animals you must know is very cruel, the incosestiant home, lack of proper nutrition and beatings is no way to keep a fierce creature.” He tutted waving  his finger “ In fact they shouldn’t be kept at all. Sung-ho knew what kind of trade he was selling these beasts into and shew no remorse. The Indian God, or ‘mother Earth’  Prithivi was angered that her divine beings were being treated this way so took vengeance into her own hands” He looked down at the boys who were hooked heavily on the story and took a deep breath before carrying on.
 

“She waited until Sung-ho was back in Korea selling his latest haul when his skin started tingling … and brital orange hair sprouted covering pink skin before the criminal knew it he was transformed into a tiger, he tried to speak to the other slavers but only a ferocious growl escaped his lips which only ended up with him being chased and hunted himself. Boy’s do you know what jungle Sung-ho was chased too?”
The boy’s gulped “ N … N… No Sir”
 

A voice stirred behind them making the children jump

“None other than this very one here, Gimnyeong jungle….. some say that he’s after revenge” Xiumins Mum replied.

Just at that moment a ear piercing scream was emitted from somewhere deep in the ‘jungle’.

The boy’s both gave each other a look of pure terror before committing to a silent agreement of running away, the trembling children where then promptly caught  carried off into the maze by two laughing adults.

 

They reappeared this time by the gates by a laughing Tao, already greeted by the tiger. About to start their journey…

“Luhan what did you do? The towns gone haywire”

it was Kai, Luhan had no time for this, he carried on walking.

 “what did you make hades do?” he just looked blankly at him, the other jogging to catch up and blinked showing no expression on his face.

“…what’s happened? You need to get out of here everything collapsing”

He said while shaking him. The ground shook and Luhan walked on I mustn’t look behind at Kai it would risk seeing boazi. I mustn’t look, look or talk, not  to Xiumin. him especially.

With drying tears on the boy’s cheeks, they stepped in the maze determined to be brave like men. Everything apart from the Kim’s auburn hair, was green, knowing that they were always so close put comfort in the children’s hearts, especially as it gives something for the children to run to for safety. Like now when a strange rustling sound from the bush sent the children running for Mrs Kim’s long flowing skirt.
 

“Aish…. Boys what’s wrong now?”
 

“AYYYA” She exclaimed as a great shaggy monster emerged from the bush and pounded on the three. Sending them all tumbling to the floor.

Their noses were swiftly invaded with an unclean un pleasant smell.
Luhan was too scared to open his eyes, this is it the tiger child he was sure. Maybe if it eats me it won’t eat Xiumin he thought as a rough slimy texture trailed up his face leaving a trace of smelly slime everywhere, But no bite…

He opened his eyes to see a shaggy excuse of a dog staring expectantly at him while wagging his tail.

“ni-iice doggie” He said extending out an arm while Minseok and his mother watched closely.
 

The mutt waddled over and sniffed the boy’s hand, the cold breath tingled at baby skin.

“Would you like to play fetch doggie?” The dog instantly jumped up at the mention of the word ‘fetch’ not wanting to keep the friendly beast hanging he threw the nearest stick into the distance and his new friend went galloping off.

 

This hound didn’t bother them so much, it seemed more concerned about the countless earthquakes. It just nodded at them in silent approval before bouncing off.

What Luhan didn’t realise however when he had sent the stick flying was that the lead bound to the dog had also wrapped its self-round his own ankles after the collision. The small boy who had only just found his feet was promptly re-greeted by the floor with an alarming thud, and an ache in his head.
 

“Lulu” an alarmed voice cried followed by pudgy fingers trying to move his head from the dirt unsuccessfully.

The younger broke down in tears as his forehead throbbed.
 

“Lulu, don’t cry I don’t like seeing you sad”
 

“Boa-boazi” Luhan spoke muffled by the dirt.

“ It..it hurts” the older sobbed even louder panicking Xiumin who scooped the other into a hug and started bawling himself, not knowing what else to do, in this situation.


Luhan forgot how squishy the ground was, he wasn’t sure how his love could walk across it already with a limp. But then if he had managed the decent down the stairs boazi could do anything right?…this would be so much easier if I could at least talk to him, hear him I don’t even need to see him to see if he’s alright. I wonder how Charon’s going to feel about us crossing back.
 

Mr and Mrs Kim had set off once again content that no more dramas were going to happen today only for their hopes to be quickly crushed once again by the sound of wailing. They only had to turn around to confirm their suspicions that the sensitive children had once again fallen into mishap.

Luhan was covered in dirt while Xiumin was clutching the other like a mother would a dead baby. A pool of tears collecting at the children’s feet.

“Hush, hush children” Mrs Kim cooed over them.
 

“Whats wrong” She said embracing them both.
 

“ Lu, Lu…Lu Lu’s hurt umma”
 

A small spot of blood had formed on Luhan’s head.
 

“Oh dear, has Luhan got a boo boo?”
 

Luhan nodded unable to form words from his furious sobbing.
 

“ Hunnie?” She gestured to Mr Kim “Do you still have the plasters in your backpack?”
 

“Oh of course, we have a whole medical kit!” He said fumbling about for it.
 

“Here there’s even some wet wipes too, to clear off all that dirt, say you sure know how to get messy don’t you Luhan!” The small joke from Xiumin’s Dad managed to get a small grin to form on the childs face.
 

“There you go all better now” Mrs Kim announced arranging the hello kitty plaster across his forehead. 
 

“Now kids were nearly at the end let’s make the rest of this adventure count”
 

Chanyeol was waiting of course, the worn half sinking boat fairly floating. He already got the remaining coins out his pocket, two this time for two passengers.

“Well I’ll be dammed, you fricken did it”

Good, good, Chanyeol recognised him he’s there. Kai didn’t even mention Boazi

“You know I’m not meant to do this right?”

 The atmosphere was icy

“I can make an exception for you though…”

Chanyeol was once again greeted by complete silence. Must resist the urge to talk.

“ Why don’t you introduce me”

 Luhan shook his head and pierced a long frozen face at the sailor.

 “Okay i get it I’ll be quiet and sail you to the cave”

So close Xiumin but I daren’t look upon you.
 

Chanyeol true to his word didn’t speak the rest of the journey, didn’t say anything even as he dropped them off cave looming in the distance. Eyes fixated on the entrance he didn’t even notice the boat move off.

“ I spy with my little eyes…. Something beginning with... B!” Xiumin enthusiastically chirped.
 

The remaining three craned their heads round searching for the magic word.
 

“Bottle?” Mr Kim suggested.  Xiumin shaked his head
 

“Backpack?” Came from Luhan

 

“No”
 

“What about button?” Was Mrs Kim’s guess.

 

“It’s really obvious umma” Boazi did a flapping gesture with his hands.

“……B…B BUTTERFLY” Mr Kim screamed.
 

“YES, IT’S YOUR TURN NOW APPA”
 

“Okay, okay. I spy with my little eye something beginning with R”
 

“R?” the young children questioned.
 

“Rainbow?” Xiumin tried.
 

“Xiumin hunny can you actually see a rainbow right now?”
 

“Well no appa, but… bu..”
 

“Wed?” Luhan cut him off
 

“Ribbon?”
 

“No”
 

“Rose?
 

“No”
 

“Rucksack?”
 

“No”
 

“Reading book”
 

“No”
 

“okay boy’s that’s enough, now we need to get moving” Mr’s Kim said annoyed at the longevity of the game.
 

“But Mrs Kim we haven’t guessed it yet” Luhan wined.
 

“ It’s okay Luhan its everywhere you can guess while were walking, as long as Mrs Kim says it’s okay”
 

She just nodded, as everyone set off once again.
 

“Red flower?”
 

“No”

“Red bug?
 

“No”
 

“River?”
 

“No”
 

“Boy’s just stop your being pathetic now” Mrs Kim complained again.

The boy’s however were too stubborn to stop the game right here without at least getting the word right so they stopped to re-evaluate the area.
 

“Okay so we said all the types of bug’s right?, flowers, and colours” Xiumin mentally ticked off while kicking something in the ground.

“Wait.. Xiumin” Luhan said puzzled. “What’s that by your feet?”

“…a…a “

“ROOOT” They screamed together turning back to glance at the Kim’s for a ‘yes’ or ‘no’

Only to see that the Kim’s weren’t there and instead were replaced by a crowd of people.

The horribly dark cave yes I remember. It starts with the strange purple hue before morphing into black only then will you see the beach. He didn’t know how he could guide Xiumin through without talking hell be scared . In resolve he outstretched his hands so they brushed against each side of the cave hoping that Boazi could do the same to guide himself through. Clop, clop. The sound of an extra pair of feet on the stones, this is good.

All Luhan could see was leg’s, a sea of legs surrounded them as he scoured for an exit out of the jungle he wasn’t sure what was worse getting eaten by the tiger or mangled between boutless of people unaware of the children below carrying on as if they were just insects beneath their feet. Xiumin caught the bad vibe and started to cry again.

Luhan could smell the salt sea drifting into the cave we must be closer he was mentally screaming, Xiumin was getting the biggest bubble tea money could buy, although maybe medical attention should come first… yeah medical attention then bubble tea. The entrance it was here, he could see it, were going home, in that instant a wave of happiness spread through the younger.


“Luhan what if…. What if I never get to see umma and appa again?” The oldest said clutching his eyes as it to catch the falling liquid
 

“Of course we’ll see them again!” Xiumins only reply was a heavier downpour. 
 

“Boazi don’t cry, I’ll get us out, I promise” Luhan said mournfully.
 

“I ..I don’t believe you” He sniffled


a/n Yo here's the last part 
 

“What if I pinkie promised? I can’t lie if it’s a pinkie promise” Xiumin took his hands away from his eyes enlightened by the offer, and extended them in Luhan’s direction. Slender and pudgy fingers met in hope as the children smiled their worries away.
 

“Don’t you dare let go of my hand Xiumin”
 

The warmness of Luhans hands made the others eyes dry up quick enough

He wondered if xiumin was smiling too, he would be. Why wouldn’t he? It had been so long since he saw that beautiful smile. Or the present day come to think of it.

Luhan took on the mind of a raging bull, smashing, bashing and bulldozing into every pair of legs he had to when their weren’t spaces to weave into, never once loosening his grip on Xiumin. Some of the adults voiced in alarm at the sharp pinches and knockings of the youngsters but in the end promptly moved their feet to reveal the sun streaking through at the end of the maze completely un-constricted by the bushes. They were out. They did it! He turned around in triumph to see Xiumins face the exact mirror image of his.

He turned around.

As xiumins body conformed into an array of efflorescent petals.