02

The Switch Effect

 


 

“Then maybe it’s not in his brain. There are a lot of things that can make people hallucinate. Drugs, chemicals, etc. If this happened after the accident, then the cause must be from the car or the environment itself. And the only way we can get information about the whole background of the accident is Chanyeol, who’s already dead, and Baekhyun who’s our best choice because he’s a doctor.”

“Well then, let’s give it a shot.”




When Baekhyun woke up, he was greeted by Chanyeol’s honey voice, humming the morning beside his bed. To be honest, the only thing that’s keeping him inside the hospital is Chanyeol because honestly, there are a lot of patient rights he could use against his doctors to force them to release him. But Chanyeol, he doesn’t want to. And just because he doesn’t want to see that disappointed look on his face, he’s left with complying. It’s just a little sacrifice. A little sacrifice for him. He can’t deny though, that the long he stays in the hospital, the more anxious he becomes. It doesn’t make sense. The hospital has been like his second home through his years of working as a doctor and to feel differently about the ambiance is unsettling. He just hopes it’s just the matter of his patient position.

He wants to go home. He wants to go back home so badly. He wants to wake up to Chanyeol’s tickles, simple and loud laughter ringing in his ears, brightening his day, those simple sweet whispers and warm hugs, like nothing’s wrong, like the world—their world—is perfect. He wants to go home.

“How’s your sleep?” Chanyeol asks, leaning closer so he can lay his arm on top of the bed.

Baekhyun turns to him and surveys Chanyeol’s face, his lovely eyelashes, his large eyes and his pink lips. He smiles. “Great,” He says.

“You still drool,” Chanyeol tells him and laughs.

“Shut up,” Baekhyun hits him playfully and Chanyeol touches his nose lightly. “Chanyeol,” He starts after calming down a bit. “I want to go home.”

Chanyeol glances behind Baekhyun and sees the doctors coming in. He immediately looks back to Baekhyun and smiles. “I know baby, I know.”

The glass door slides open and Baekhyun turns, slightly disappointed to see the two doctors come in. It’s not that he doesn’t trust them, Kris does, which says a lot about their practice, but they’re both very intimidating. Especially Yixing. Yixing doesn’t look like he connects well with the patients. Junmyeon can be tolerated.

When he turns back to his side, Chanyeol’s already walking to the couch across him. Baekhyun doesn’t miss the chance to wonder if Chanyeol is purposely ignoring contact with the doctors by isolating himself at the small part of the room before his view gets blocked by Yixing and Junmyeon.

They idled for a moment, as if they weren’t even sure of their purpose for coming. “We need to ask you some questions.”

Baekhyun nodded. “Okay.”

They glanced at each other before Junmyeon began to speak. “We think…your condition is due to the accident. It’s not impossible. If anything, it’s the only thing we have close to diagnosing your symptoms.”

Baekhyun opened his mouth to reply but was immediately cut off by Yixing saying, “We’ve read your medical records and we know you were perfectly fine when you were discharged. But we think it’s not your brain. There are other factors that can cause a person to hallucinate. Drugs—“

“You think I do drugs?” Baekhyun questions, bemused.

“Baekhyun.” He hears Chanyeol warn from behind the doctors and he sighs.

“That’s not what we’re saying,” Yixing immediately defends. “We’re saying that something from that accident, that is not your brain, must’ve caused you to hallucinate. Maybe something inside the car? Some chemicals maybe?”

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. “It was my car. I’m pretty sure a doctor would keep his car as clean and safe as possible.”

“We just want to make sure,” Junmyeon seconds, giving Yixing a helping hand.

Yixing looks around, as if in his mind he was contemplating about something. Baekhyun can see it. “Listen, what exactly happened during the accident?”

“You’re asking me this, why?”

“We need to cover up everything.”

“Look, Chanyeol just lost control of the steering wheel okay? Things like that happen, right?”

Yixing nods. “Was he showing some kind of abnormal reaction before he died in that accident?”

Baekhyun gawks at Yixing. “Chanyeol’s not dead.” He says a little bit louder, surprising the two. “He’s right there.”

Junmyeon watches them both and feels the intensity. Something tells him that there’s more into it than what he’s seeing right before his eyes right now. “Do you think we’re lying to you?” Yixing asks, sounding slightly challenging.

“Yixing, let it go.” Junmyeon tells him while grabbing his arm lightly.

Yixing glowers at Junmyeon, causing Junmyeon to let go of his arm, and turns back to Baekhyun. “Do you think we’re trying to trick you? Why would we do that?”

“Because you’re mean and not very good at your job,” Baekhyun answers sternly, unfazed by the attitude Yixing’s giving him. “You’re not such a good doctor, are you? Do you always intimidate your patients?”

“Baekhyun, stop. You’re being unreasonable.”

Baekhyun looks at Chanyeol. “They’re wasting time! I already said that there’s nothing wrong with me but they wouldn’t let me go. They’ll do tests over and over again just to get back negative results over and over again,” Junmyeon and Yixing was silence for a moment. “I’m not hallucinating, okay? Look, just let me go home.”

Yixing clicks his tongue. “No.” He turns to leave in which Junmyeon immediately follows.




“All I’m saying is that you could’ve taken it easy on him,” Kris tells them. Or mainly, to Yixing. He knows and he understands why Yixing is acting this way but he couldn’t blame it on Baekhyun, none of them can blame it on Baekhyun. Baekhyun’s as clueless as them finding his symptoms. Moreover, Kris had thought a lot about it last night. If they managed to find the underlying cause of his seizure, they’ll kill the hallucinations too. They’ll kill Chanyeol again. He’s pretty sure Baekhyun wouldn’t want that.

Yixing groans. “If you like how I deal with him then deal with him yourself. He doesn’t believe that Chanyeol’s dead.”

“Convincing him that Chanyeol’s dead isn’t going to make him any better,”

“Then we’ll never find any answers. What’s the point of even trying to cure him?”

“It’s not the hallucination we’re curing.”

“It is the hallucination we’re curing and you know that in your heart Kris,” Yixing bellows at him. “Don’t try to be the good doctor here. You’re just the same as me. You want him to realize that Chanyeol is dead. You want to cure whatever is killing his memories.” Kris clenches his fist. “Do your job, for s sake.” Yixing kicked the chair lightly before walking out of the room, slamming the door.

“Well,” Junmyeon chirps and Kris looks at him. “I think it’s common sense that the hallucinations are connected to his seizure. The only thing missing is what caused him to hallucinate in the first place that is slowly spreading throughout his brain, causing the seizures.”




Kris waits for the last person, which is Jongin who’s hurrying for class, to clear out before walking to Baekhyun’s room. As he opens the door, he notices the curtains are spread open, making the room appear brighter. The mess doesn’t disappear. If anything, it doubles day by day. Baekhyun is smiling at him when he walks towards his bed. He wonders if Baekhyun is tired of being in bed for a week now. He thought of inviting him to walk round the hospital but he doesn’t want the nurses to gossip about his weird actions.

“Your favorite,” Kris says while pulling out a bread.

Baekhyun takes the rye bread. “How did you know?”

“I know things,” Kris jokes. “But, really, I bumped into Jongin on my way here.” Baekhyun nods. “Jongin is really worried about you. I’ve told him several times that you’ll be fine and that we’ll do everything to make you better,” To make you remember, “but he’s too stubborn to put some faith on us.” Baekhyun laughs at that and Kris realizes how much he misses that sound, or Baekhyun’s presence in general. Baekhyun always had that sense of refinement even with how he used to play around. And maybe, Kris misses that unpredictability. He wants it back. He wants it back so bad. He checks the room, maybe hoping to sense a little peculiar presence and then proceeds to what he came for when nothing came up. “Baekhyun, is Chanyeol here?”

Baekhyun pauses from chewing the bit of bread he ate and glances around the room before turning to Kris. “Why would I tell you that? So you’ll say I’m hallucinating too?”

“You know I believe you,”

“You’re just saying that—“

“I said that because that’s what I feel,” Kris cuts him off immediately.

Baekhyun sighs. “He’s not here. He went out to buy something.”

Kris nods. “Okay, there’s something I want to ask. I want to know what really happened that night.”

Baekhyun furrows his eyebrows at the statement. “I already said—“

“I need you to start where you think it started. Before you even went inside the car. To where you were heading to. I want you to tell me everything, every detail you can remember from that night.” Kris can see fear in Baekhyun’s eyes. He doesn’t know—maybe it’s his words, his approach, he has no idea what made Baekhyun look so scared. But maybe it’s not him. Maybe Baekhyun, too, is scared of realizing something he already knows. Kris leans closer to his bed. “Baekhyun, do you trust me?”

Baekhyun stares at Kris’ eyes. Yes. Yes, he does trust him. Baekhyun thinks it’s weird but he feels like he has always trusted Kris with everything. When he looks at Kris, he sees someone who knows his heart better than himself. It’s like Kris has heard everything Baekhyun ever wanted to tell the world and it scares him. It scares him that he doesn’t remember. It scares him that he doesn’t know why he feels this way. But he trusts Kris and he trusts his own judgment. Baekhyun nods.

“Then tell me.”

Baekhyun doesn’t turn away from Kris’ stare. He sees people on his eyes, movements—familiar movements—and familiar sounds. It’s like watching a movie straight from Kris’ eyes. A movie about himself. “That night I…” He starts. “No,” He blinks. “That day I…”

Kris notices how his pupils dilate.

“…I was late for work.”



“!”

Chanyeol looks up from the magazine when Baekhyun runs pass the couch. “Are you okay?”

“I’m late!” Baekhyun yells from the closet as Chanyeol turns back to his magazine. “Why didn’t you wake me up?!”

Chanyeol can see him walking towards the cabinets but doesn’t look up when he replies, “You came home late from a party at the hospital so of course I won’t wake you up. Don’t they ever give you a day-off?”

“Bacteria, Parasites, Viruses or whatever don’t even have day-offs so why should we?” Baekhyun says half-annoyingly as he drops in front of the door to put on his shoe.

Chanyeol hears him groan and sighs. “Look, I’m sorry.”

When Baekhyun turns, he sees him focused on the magazine and chose to ignore him. “Whatever. I’m going.” He doesn’t get a reply even after the door is shut.

It’s as if his luck abandoned him for good, it was raining and he absolutely hates the rain. Not only does it makes it hard for him to travel, it also makes his shoes wet. And wet shoes in the hospital are a no-no, as sent out in a memo by the director of medicine himself, Choi Siwon. He makes them wear some stupid slippers which are not ideal for any hospital personnel to wear to be honest.

“Baekhyun! Your late!”

He makes a face to _____ for even announcing the obvious in fear that Siwon will hear—assuming he’s somewhere in the lobby, amidst the crowding patients and in and out doctors.

Baekhyun stops.




“To who?”

Baekhyun turns to Kris with the same question in mind. “I…I don’t know. I can’t remember his face. He’s a friend, I know he’s a friend but I can’t remember his face or even who he is,” Kris can see he was starting to panic. “Kris, I can’t remember—“

“It’s okay. Just continue.”

Baekhyun nods.



“There are cases piled up in your desk which you should’ve started attending to like an hour ago,” He looks at his watch as he pushes Baekhyun slightly inside his office. “And Sehun’s coming this afternoon,”

Baekhyun pauses at that. “What? Wasn’t he supposed to come tomorrow?”

“His mom rescheduled. She said they’re going somewhere tomorrow.”

“Thanks,” Baekhyun smiled. “What would I do without you?”

“I’m actually wondering myself,” They both chuckle. “See you later,” Baekhyun nods as he watches him go, almost bumping to Kris who was walking towards them at the same time.

“Kris!”

“Hey.” In this part, Baekhyun started to wonder, why Kris seemed so important, how Kris’ presence made his day better, when Chanyeol was there. “You’re late.”

“You didn’t call me. I wasn’t able to wake up.” Baekhyun replies as he walks to his desk to start scanning the folders.

Kris follows him until he reaches the couch where he plops down comfortably. “Of course I called you. I called you a lot of times but you didn’t answer.”

Baekhyun drops the folders at that and grabs his backpack to rummage through the mess of things inside his bag. He doesn’t remember checking his phone earlier this morning or even before he passed out to sleep last night. He groans as he retreats his hand. “Great. I lost my phone.”

“Again,” Kris says in unison with Baekhyun and they both ended up laughing. “This is like the 3rd time in four months?”

Baekhyun sighs. “I don’t even think it gets stolen. I just can’t remember where I last put it so basically it’s my fault if it gets stolen. Or whatever.”

Kris shakes his head. Baekhyun has always been so hopeless with these things. Remembering things and stuff. He wouldn’t even remember his and Chanyeol’s anniversary if not for the numerous reminders he had set up on his computer, on the walls and on the calendars. “Try harder, next time.”
“Don’t worry, I’ll sign up for memory class,” Baekhyun jokes before his pager went off. He makes a face to Kris before rushing out to attend to the emergency.




Worried faces greet him when he comes. Shinyoung, little Julia’s mother, is the epitome of paranoia. Normal people sees her child recovering, she sees more suffering. It’s inevitable given that she’s the mother but sometimes, Baekhyun wishes, it’s nice to give yourself a break and start looking ahead a bright future instead of expecting a bad one. Baekhyun has reminder her a lot of times about this, that her actions may reflect Julia’s timeline for recovery but every week, it doesn’t get better, it only gets worse, and so does Julia.

Baekhyun comes up beside the nurse. “What’s wrong?”

“She won’t take her medicine,”

Baekhyun sighs. He glances at Julia, who looks as pale as the dull walls now then back to the nurse. “It’s okay. I’ll handle this. You can go.” The nurse nods at him before turning to leave.

“She’s been refusing them a lot lately,” Shinyoung says while caressing her daughter’s hair. “And she’s been picky with her food. Do you think this is a side effect? Or maybe she’s getting worse?” Yup. Paranoid.

Baekhyun smiles at her. “I don’t think that’s the case, Mrs. Kim. She’s been very cooperative with the tests and we’ve received nothing but good results.” Julia as Con Heart Disease, a term her mother will never connect with hope. Julia’s a fighter for having to be put up with this disease and Baekhyun hoped her mother was too. “May I please speak with Julia alone? If it’s alright, Mrs. Kim.” He chuckles.

Shinyoung gives him a warm smile. “Of course. She listens to you. Take your time, now.”

Baekhyun nods as Shinyoung walks to the door. After hearing the door sliding close, Baekhyun grabbed a stool chair to sit beside the bed. “Hello, Julia,” Julia giggles at him. “Have you been a good girl lately?” She nods. “Really? But the nurse said you won’t take your medicine.” Baekhyun sees her pouting.

“It tastes awful…”

Baekhyun clicks his tongue and croons. “Aw, but a lot of things tastes awful. You know, when you were still inside your mommy’s womb, she took a lot of awful medicines so you can be healthy,” He notices the irony but children believes what other people tell them and doesn’t care what other people does not tell them. So Baekhyun continues, “Why don’t you help your mommy this time by taking your medicine? Hm? What do you say?” He flashes a toothy smile at Julia who slowly curves her lips into a smile too. “Okay?” Julia nods shyly. “Very good!” Baekhyun ruffles her hair in joy.

This reminds Baekhyun of his affinity to children. Aside from being adorable, which is already in their nature, they’re always a breath of fresh air for him. It’s like whenever he looks at children and babies, he sees innocence and life. He sees hope. He sees tomorrow. Everything is simple for them and that ignorance is what he dreads for.

Ignorance makes everything simple.




“And again, the forever kid magnet, Dr. Byun Baekhyun—“

“Don’t even start,” Baekhyun says before Kris can even finish his speech for the day. Kris shrugs and walks with him. “Don’t you have patients to attend to?”

“Trust me, they’d rather see the nurses than see me.”

Baekhyun laughs. “You really have to stop treating your patients like .”

“Well, if they don’t want to deal with me, they’ll have to start getting better.”

Baekhyun shakes his head. “I really don’t understand your principles, Kris.”

“Of course you do,” Kris says in confidence while grinning at Baekhyun. “That’s why you never do anything about it.”

“Maybe you’re right. But sooner or later, Siwon’s going to chase your .”

“He can’t fire me. I’m an asset to this hospital! I release the most patients in a month!” Kris announces enthusiastically, as if the people who will overhear even have a care. But that’s Kris, always so self-centered. Caring in a way not fit to society. in a way everyone has come to understand.

“By being an .” Baekhyun adds, making a face to Kris.

“Still an asset.” Kris insists, not willing to surrender to Baekhyun’s argument.

“If I remember correctly, your patients get released because they want to transfer to another hospital.”

“Rumors, baby.”

“Oh really?” Baekhyun asks, not buying it for a second and ends up laughing at Kris’ lame attempt to patronize himself. Conversations with Kris are usually like this. Kris makes him feel protected by being always there, always willing to listen, always willing to strike conversations with him even with the busy day in the hospital. So in times when Baekhyun couldn’t stop his mouth from sprouting even the words that weren’t supposed to be known verbally, Kris is always there, slowly trying to mask the pain with a happy face.

In this part, Baekhyun had wondered, why he looks so happy with Kris, when Chanyeol is there.




Baekhyun checks his phone.

“The thing is, most people automatically assume that just because I’m a doctor, I have to act like a Jesus doing miracles to the Jews. Stereotypes.” Kris inferred before shoving a whole brownie inside his mouth.

Baekhyun laughs. Then he checks his phone.

“But then again, maybe it’s your fault society has this kind of stereotype for being too…greasy with your patients.” Kris laughs at his own joke and realizes he was the only one. He sees Baekhyun check his phone and slightly frowns. “Is it Chanyeol?”


Baekhyun looks up. “Huh? What?”

“Were you supposed to have lunch together?” Baekhyun couldn’t answer. What would he say when he’s already here? Kris drops his spoon. “, I’m sorry. I didn’t know. I shouldn’t have pulled you here with me.”

Baekhyun chuckles. “It’s fine. He’s not replying anyway. Maybe he’s asleep.”

Kris nods, his eyebrows crooked in confusion. “You know, I haven’t seen him for more than a week now. Is everything alright between the two of you?”

Again, Baekhyun couldn’t answer. If this was any normal person asking, he’d automatically say yes, everything’s fine, but this is Kris and he couldn’t seem to dare lie to him.

Baekhyun wondered, once again, why he couldn’t, why he was feeling that way.

Baekhyun lowers his head. Like always, he ends up surrendering. He tells Kris everything is not alright. He’s not even positive that Chanyeol can feel but he feels the changes and sees the distance. Baekhyun doesn’t know where it started. It just happened. He and Chanyeol has been living together for four years now and in those four years, he never expected they’d end up like this. They love each other too much to let it falter. Change is inevitable. They changed too. But they were too blinded by the so-called perfection of their relationship to see the flaws. Baekhyun doesn’t want everything between him and Chanyeol to end. At the same time, it’s alright, because he knows Kris will be there to help him get through.

But he wasn’t supposed to feel that way.

Right?




Baekhyun almost chokes out the candy he took when _____ tapped him hard in the back. _____ laughs at him before apologizing. “I hope you’re ready for my speech later tonight.”

“I’m always ready to sleep,” Baekhyun jokes and ______ kicks him playfully. Tonight is the annual charity event Siwon founded ever since he started his term. It’s an event to show appreciation and gratitude towards the people who have donated to the hospital.

“I heard Julia’s mom stopped donating,” _____ inquires, creating a quick silence between them.

Baekhyun didn’t know that. “Really?” _____ nods. He knows he’s not in the position to pass an argument against Shinyoung’s decision but he can’t help but wonder why. He remembers Shinyoung’s promise after the doctors saved Julia; I’ll promise to repay the priceless gift you have given me. Right. Baekhyun nods. He’s in no position to judge so he shakes his head. “I’m sure there’s some explanation.”

“Sure, ask her,” _____ shrugs. “The nurses said she’s been out of herself lately. She also hasn’t been sleeping. Man, she must be really worried for Julia. Just hope she gives herself a break sometimes. I’m sure Julia would be happy to see her mom relaxed for once. But you know, my dibs are on financial problems. This is probably karma for her. I heard she wanted to kill Julia when she was pregnant. Accidental child. Yeah, serves her right. We must preserve life!”

Baekhyun chuckles. “Schadenfreude.”

“Stop using that term on me,” ______ glowers at him. “So, is Chanyeol coming tonight?”

Baekhyun nods. See how easy it is for him to lie in front of others?

“Good!”





Bright lights greeted him when he entered the reception. The place is filled with dangling ball of lights, elegant ladies, nurses who took time to pick out the best dress even though most of their afternoons were flooded with emergencies, doctors looking sleek and laid back with their simple fashion. This is exactly Siwon’s style. It’s not a grand event. But it’s just perfect. The ambiance, the smiles, the comfortable chatters. Just perfect.

There’s only one thing missing for him though which he’d rather not try to find.

At this part, Baekhyun realized, that there’s no use although he couldn’t really tell why he’d given up that time. He just did because it seemed like the right thing for him to do, because he seemed so exhausted, so tired of all of it, of everything, already. That everything is still not clear to him but it’s a scary thought.

“Hey!” Baekhyun turns to his side and sees Kris grinning at him. “Chanyeol’s not here yet?”

Baekhyun shrugs. “I don’t think he’s coming.”

Kris doesn’t carry the conversation deeper because he knows. “You should’ve told me about this sooner. I would’ve confronted him about him. You know how naïve he gets sometimes,”

“Don’t,” Baekhyun says immediately. “The last thing I want is for this to get worse because you confronted him about it. It’s okay. We’ll deal with this on our own.”

Kris’ lips curves into a warm smile. “I know. You were also so brave,” At this point, Kris had taken both of his hands and held them tight, slowly emitting the warmth, making Baekhyun so vulnerable against it. “Just come to me if he hurts you again. You know I’ll fix you. You know that very well,”



“Why,” Baekhyun breathes out, his eyes blank with wonder. “Did you say that to me?”

Kris doesn’t answer.

You know I’ll fix you. You know that very well.

They’re not just simple comforting words. They meant something else. Baekhyun can feel it. He isn’t sure but he can feel it. He can feel something in between those lines.

Kris clears his throat. “That’s not what we’re trying to remember. Forget about that. Contin—“

“No,” Baekhyun cuts him off, grabbing his hand in the process. “I need to know.”

What would you do if you knew? Would you come running back to me? You won’t. So you don’t need to know.

“No, Baekhyun,” Kris says sternly as he pushes Baekhyun’s hand off of his. “Your mind remembers things that are important. That wasn’t important. It’s not something you should be concerned about.”

“Then why—“

“You should rest. Go to sleep,” Kris stands up. “I’ll come by later to check on you.”

Baekhyun watches Kris’ back slowly fading away in a distance. He doesn’t even notice his arm reaching out.

He doesn’t sleep.

He tries to remember more.



Baekhyun chuckles at Kris. “You’re too good to be true, Kris.”

“Oh, but I’m yours completely!”

Baekhyun laughs out loud and Kris hears angels singing in his ears. Baekhyun’s laugh is his favorite sound in the world. His smile is his favorite sight. He loves those pair of pinky lips and he loves it more when they curve into a bright smile. People who were hurt smile the brightest and Kris can see that in Baekhyun’s eyes. He can see how much he had overcome with how much he can smile. He feels special when Baekhyun smiles at him. Very special. If only he can make him laugh every day. If only.

But someone already does. Or did.

“Baekhyun.”

The familiar voice startles them both and Baekhyun quickly retreats his hand from Kris’ grip. Kris turns around only to find Chanyeol’s suspicious look directed towards him.

“Chanyeol!” Baekhyun exclaims, walking towards him. “You came.”

Chanyeol looks past him, his eyes wandering around Kris’ hand. He’s not stupid. He turns around and starts walking away. Baekhyun follows him immediately. Baekhyun can feel the tension although he’s not sure himself why it’s there or why he only feels it now when he’s aware they’ve been hanging on a thin line for a long time now. Nobody spoke until they reached the car and Chanyeol opened the door for Baekhyun.

Baekhyun wonders. “But Chanyeol, the event—“

“Get in.”

Chanyeol’s expressions were exasperation and pain in one and Baekhyun wonders why. He doesn’t want to come. The event hasn’t even started yet and he had never missed one. But he wants to know what Chanyeol’s up to this time, if he finally realized something, if he actually sees the thin line. So he gets in the car and the clouds scream for the rain.

The rain pours, wetting pavements in the highway, making people crowd out of the subway station and Baekhyun sees water sticking on to their expensive fabrics as the car drives pass. The water looked so toxic, it made Baekhyun uncomfortable, like a big fire under the clouds, and the rain stings the burn. So toxic. He hates it. Baekhyun hates the rain.

What happened here? Baekhyun asks himself. This was the dead end right?

Why, in my memory, it looked so perfect?

Baekhyun was getting hysteric by the second as his mind plays different versions of that night.

He turns his head to Chanyeol and he gasps, but no sound, when finds bruises and cuts on Chanyeol’s face, blood covering his whole body, broken, expressionless—lifeless…dead.

No, that’s not him. That’s not Chanyeol.

Baekhyun screams again. No one hears.