Epilogue

1151

 

► Chanyeol does his best on making Jinri feel loved. At times, he'd wrap his arms around her, telling her stories about Seoul and the places that they'd go when they head there. Jinri smiles, yet - no emotion was found. She often stays quiet and stammers, maybe it's because she wants to feel emotions really bad, she does her best onto  making him believe that she does feel, even just a bit.

 

"Chanyeol, what if I stay like this?"

"No, you're not."

"But.. the doctor said it would take time."

He laughs a bit, pressing a kiss on her temple. "We already handled distance and I don't think time is going to be a problem."

 


 

Her fingers suddenly move with her face wrinkling as she struggles to open her eyes. She was shaking as she tries to sit up, but he stops her to. It was stressing herself and the last thing she needed was that.

 

".....caused her to pursue emotional reactivity." The words echo in Chanyeol's head, but he shuts it off his head mindlessly.

 

"Chanyeol? What's happening?" 

"You're in a hopsital Jinri, you've gotten yourself into trouble." He chuckles dryly.

"Why.. why do I feel different?"

 

Jinri can't feel love, and she can't cry anymore because she doesn't feel sadness, she can't argue with him because she can't feel anger. 

 

"You'll be fine, Jinri. Don't worry."  Those were the only words he could assure her.

 


 

Day by day, Chanyeol's been buying her gifts. They've been watching movies more often. He holds her hand and brings her to thee roof of the apartment that he found out when he was loittering around the halls. They play chess, but in this time she forgets and he teaches her again - but with one board and no screen this time. He hugs her from behind when she's asleep and tell her that she's gonna be back to how she was. They share future plans with each other and Jinri feels some slight of spark. He tells her he loves her and she nods. He understands.

Jinri learns to fall in love with the litle things he gives her, and it works.

 

One day, Jinri wakes up with a headahce on her head. She sits up from her bed and walks towards the bathroom, her fingers pressed on her temple as she tries to absorb its pain. All she wanted was it to be gone. It was gonna be the death of her, she pressumes.

 

"Jinri?" She hears a familiar voice which caused her to stand straight back up.

 

Chanyeol left his job at Seoul and found another one at New York. He told her one day that even if it'd take years for her to feel again, he'll stay. So he's here for more than a year now. 

 

She rushes outside the bathroom, only to see Chanyeol holding a red handkerchief on his hands.

"Come on."

"What?" She laughs a little bit, where it makes him smile how the emotions starts to progress on her. "What're you upto?"

"You'll see."

 

He holds her hand then turns her around, placing the handkerchief on top of her eyes just right and he slides his hand back down at hers. A cheeky grin already visible on his face as he looks at her.

"Ready?"

"Mhm." She nods then he kisses her forehead before taking a few steps towards her room.

 

Hand in hand, he guides. Just like how he's been doing the past year. He tells her to not ask about it as she laughs, still trying to convince him to tell her. Then they both stop and he opens the door, leading himself in with her right behind him.

 

"Okay." He pulls his hand away and moves slightly far back as she hears his footsteps. "Take it off now."

She follows and then opens her eyes, just to see her whole room covered with photos of her and him. Mostly were screencaps of her when she was asleep and some was where when they finally got together. She remembers - clearly everything. And the emotions, it slowly rises up to her in surprise.

She looks around, Chanyeol waiting for a hint of emotion on her face with his hands on his pockets. "Jinri." He takes a look around the walls, a smile creeping on his face. "These were all the pictures I got ever since day one. And in every other day since that, I've told you I love you's and you'd say I love you back. You'd often say that you wanted to see me and cry and I'd help you by saying, "hey you look ugly, so stop" then you say you'll hate me and I'll say I love you again. We watch movies online and you end up sleeping so I take screen caputres of you with my laptop. You asked me about the moon and I told you it was me so at least even when I'm not around when you sleep, it'll be me and it'll be the guide for you. I promised you around Seoul and you promised me about New York, and also I promised you the stars."

 

The words were enough to be conceived by Jinri, so she just stands her. She could feel her heart beating - again.

 

"I promised to myself that if I don't get to make you feel in love again, I won't stop until you do." He stays, looking right at her with that grin she always liked.

 

"I.." She murmurs, but then she rubs her fingers on her temple. "Chanyeol.. I.. love you."

He takes a few steps forward, eyes hopeful yet again. Then takes her hand with his as he interlocks them both right after.  "You can feel?" then she nods, making him hug her tight and she hugs him back, but she feels weak just all of a sudden because of her head.

 

"Yeol.. my head.. it hurts.."

 

And it took a few seconds for her knees to feel week and to fall on the ground and he catches her in his arms, secured. Just like how they first met.

 

Next thing was he was yet again- sitting beside a hospital bed, with Jinri lying on it. In a coma.

 


 

Vlog # 1511

 

"My name is Park Chanyeol, I am 25 years old and I'm a Korean decent who was born in Seoul, South Korea. 

My story starts through technology, where I met this girl and we both fell in love. She tells me stories about hers and I tell her mine. I promised her a lot of things and I already made half of them true with the half of them still on the way. There was this one time I promised her the stars. And she asked me what was so special about them. I told her, that if you watch stars with the person you love the stars shined brighter than how it usually does. And maybe, that was one of the promises that I couldn't make it true."

 

Chanyeol laughs a bit, maybe not how he used to with the usual grin on his face anymore. but he knew that she was there, with him.

"Right now. Distance isn't a problem anymore nor is time." He looks down, contemplating the tears that tries to roll down his cheeks and smiles. "Jinri, I know where you are now. And the three years I spent with you wasn't wasted. I'm thankful and I'll promise to keep my last promise that I told you."

 

He presses his lips into a thin line then looks back at the camera. "I promise to love you forever, okay?"

 

Video end.

 

 


 

The distance between New York and Seoul is 1511 kilometers.

The time between them is thirteen hours.

The sun goes up for Chanyeol, the moon goes up for Jinri.

It took Chanyeol a year to finally see her. It took Jinri a year to say "I love you" again.