Final

2min Forever or Never

Taemin was happy, with his hyungs. No matter how tired they were, Taemin was happy. As long as one special person was there. Then one day the said person came back with the news that he was dating. You know who? Minho. He came back with the news that he was dating Yuri. Apparently she had confessed to him that very day. Taemin's heart shattered into a million tiny pieces. He put on a fake smile and pretended that he was happy for him. But one person saw through him. His one and only Key-umma. When the others were out, Key pulled Taemin with him into the room they shared. Key was the one that Taemin told his secrets too. Including the one that he liked Minho. So Key knew why he looked so sad. He could relate, for he felt the same way when Jonghyun came back and said he was 'dating' Sekyung. Even though he explained it was just to boost Sekyung's popularity, Key's heart still broke. Then came the night Jonghyun actually confessed to him. The day after that, the news went out that Sekyung and Jonghyun broke up because of schedule problems. But in actual fact, Jonghyun told their manager he didn't want to be with Sekyung. Of course he didn't say why, but it was because he and Key were official. Taemin broke down and cried. Key stayed with him, knowing how he felt. When the other three came back, Key was in the kitchen cooking and Taemin was in the bathroom, showering. None of them noticed that Taemin's eyes were a little red and puffy. Oh, Minho did, but he kept silent. Minho had a secret too.

He only accepted his Yuri-noona's confession because he thought that Taemin didn't like him and would be disgusted at him. Sure, Jonghyun and Key were a couple, but that didn't do any better to ease his worries. If Taemin had Key, then Minho had Onew. Onew knew all of Minho's secrets. So he knew why Minho had accepted Yuri's confession. Then the night came 2 months later when Yuri came over for dinner with them. God, she was so flirty with Minho that Taemin couldn't take it. He excused himself saying he wanted to buy more banana milk. When he exited the dorm, he ran. He ran and ran and ran.

Then he finally stopped to take a breather and took in his surroundings. He realised he had run all the way to the park that he usually went to relieve all his worries. "Why? Why did I have to fall in love with him?" he asked himself out loud. He knelt on the grass and cried. Rain started pouring. "Looks like Heaven is pitying me and crying with me, "Taemin laughed bitterly. He didn't know how long he stayed there. He had left his phone at the dorm, and no one saw his hurt, contorted expression. Or so he thought. Someone saw. And that someone was Minho. Frankly, Minho didn't really like Yuri. He found her too clingy and she flirted with almost every handsome boy she met. Even when she was together with Minho.

When Minho saw Taemin leaving with that expression on his face, he couldn't help but wonder if it was him who had caused that expression. After all, Taemin had been avoiding every time he tried to make conversation with him. He tried asking Key why, but the stupid diva wouldn't say anything. Even a small bump and Taemin would stay away from him for a while. At the door, when Minho was sending Yuri off, he couldn't take it anymore. She was just so damn flirty! "That's it, noona. I'm breaking up with you." Minho said. "But why? Is it because of your little Taeminnie? Oh, I've noticed the way you look at him," she said. "Yeah, so what?" Minho replied.

With that, Minho left her standing on the doorstep, took an umbrella and went to the place he knew Taemin would always go to when he was upset. The park. Taemin was still kneeling on the ground, crying. All of a sudden, the rain stopped pouring down on him. He looked up to see Minho. Taemin said nothing, just stood up and move somewhere else. Minho sighed and followed him. "Stop following me!" Taemin snapped when Minho brought him under the umbrella for the fifth time. "I can't. If you get sick, Key will kill me. If you get sick..." he trailed off, realising what he was about to say. "If you get sick, I will be worried about you. Because I love you," he thought. "If I get sick what?" Taemin snarled. Minho could hear the hurt in his voice. "Hurt? Why would he be hurt? Unless..." Minho thought, feeling a glimmer of hope, however little it was.

"What, Minho, what?" Taemin cried. "Just stay away from me." Minho's heart broke when he heard those words. "If that's what you really want," he murmured, just loud enough for Taemin to hear. Taemin's eyes were closed as he heard footsteps getting softer. So he didn't realise the tears in Minho's eyes. Minho reached home and went to his, Jonghyun and Onew's room. He locked the door and collapsed on his bed. No one saw Minho cry, period. Okay fine, maybe a few times. Minho cried and muffled his sobs so no one could hear him.

In the next few days, Minho kept his word. He called the manager and moved all his schedules so that when Taemin was home, he wasn't. And when Minho was at home, Taemin wasn't. Only during dinner and schedules that all five of them had to go then did Minho see Taemin. But even then he kept his distance. The three were watching as Taemin slowly became less bouncy and happy and Minho locked himself in his room more and more. "That's it!" Key exclaimed as he saw Taemin go to the bathroom and Minho back into his room. "I have had enough of this! I miss the old Taemin, even Minho! Both of them have changed." "Hush, yeobo. Things will work out. Just leave it to them." Jonghyun comforted him."Nope. I got a plan, just one step." Key said. "What?" Onew asked. "Lock them in the same room. Simple as that," Key said.

Taemin's POV

I know I didn't mean it when I said for Minho to stay away from me. But I guess he took it seriously. I barely got to see him, and during dinner and our schedules together he kept his distance. I heard that Minho had broken up with Yuri, but my heart was not mended just yet. I missed our hugs, those warm, comforting hugs. The kind where you feel all safe and protected.

No one's POV

Then one week later, Minho was in his room again and Taemin entered. "Hyung? What are you doing here? Key-umma told me you were on a schedule and told me to keep these clothes for him." Minho heard the lock click and silently cursed Key. "Just put them on the table. I can sort them out later." Minho replied. Taemin tried getting out of the room. "Hyung? The door is locked." Taemin meekly asked. "Yeah. Key's work." Minho grumbled as he shifted to the other end of the room. "Why are you shifting?" Taemin asked. "You told me to stay away from you, and I am," Minho replied. "I didn't really mean that..." Taemin mumbled under his breath, but Minho heard. "I'm sorry!" Taemin suddenly blurted out. "You don't have to be sorry for anything." was Minho's curt reply. "Hyung..." Minho didn't reply. "Hyung!" "What, Taemin?" Minho said. Taemin gasped. Minho never called him Taemin. It was always Tae or Minnie or Taeminnie. But never Taemin. "I like you..." Taemin mumbled. "What? What did you say?" Minho opened his previously closed eyes to look at his dear Taeminnnie. "I LIKE YOU!" Taemin shouted. Then Minho started laughing. "All this time... After all this time..." Minho said bitterly. Taemin realised with a shock that Minho was crying. "Hyung?" Taemin asked tentatively. "Saranghae, Minnie. Saranghae..." Minho smiled after he calmed himself down. "Really?" Taemin asked, just to make sure. Minho nodded and jumped as Taemin glomped him.

They emerged from the room later, only to find the dorm empty. There was a note from Key, saying that he had called their manager and Key was going to the interview with Jonghyun and Onew instead of Minho. There was a warning too, saying not to violate his Minnie.

Minho kept his promise and when the three returned from their interview, they found the 2min couple on the couch, Taemin cuddled into Minho and the credits of a movie scrolling on the television screen. Key just draped a blanket over the two of them, turned off the television and went to sleep with Jonghyun, too lazy to protest when he pulled him towards his room. Onew just slept alone. (Poor guy!)

                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

How is it? My first one-shot and a 2min & JongKey one at that! Comments please! I want to see if I did well for my first one-shot!