Chapter 1

Dream Land vs. Reality

"Don't you dare walk away from me young lady!!" My mother called after me. I ignored her and stomped up the stairs loudly. She continued calling my name but I kept going until I reached my room, to which I slammed the door closed and locked it before she could do anything further. In no time, she was on the other side of my door, slamming and yelling. Sitting in front of the door on the floor, I clamped my hands over my ears in order to drown out the noise, but to no avail.

I heard her call my father over, and there were even more yelling right outside my door. Silent tears started to stream down my cheeks, keeping myself from sobbing so that they don't hear. After a long time, the loud noise ceased. I crawled slowly from my spot in front of the door, and crawled under my cold sheets to which I found comfort to. More choked tears were sounded about my room, until I finally cried myself to sleep~

Waking up in my same bed, with different surrounding meant I was where I wanted to be. The sheets were no longer cold, they were refreshing and warm, maybe a little too warm. Then I started to realize how it was a little hotter in the room for comfort.

The large wooden door that stood 10 feet from the bed, had a very detailed charm carved into its base.

Chanyeol. I am in the castle of Park Chanyeol now. As if on cue, a head of blondish brown curly hair peeped through the door. Seeing my awaken state, a wide grin spread across his face.

"Hyojin." He said, walking casually over to where I was sitting. "How are you?"

I faked a smile. "Fine. What about you?" His expression wavered the closer he got to me.

He gently cupped my face in his warm hands and looked into my eyes. He said nothing but sighed. After awhile he finally let go of my face. "I wish you wouldn't lie to me, Hyojin."

I looked away from his eyes. Of course he would know. They always do.

"Sorry."

He took in a long slow breath, releasing it the same way. "It's alright. But please, there are no secrets between us right?"

I shook my head and his wide grin returned. He slid his warm fingers between mine. "Good. Now come on. Let's go somewhere."

I gave him a smile of my own before letting him lead me to where he wanted.

He lead me swiftly through the winding halls. This castle seemed almost like a large maze, all mapped out in his head. Chanyeol knew exactly where he was going.

Finally, at the end of the hall, was a large red wood door that lead to outside. In the center was a large stained glass window. The sun on the other side was illuminating it's vibrant red, orange, and yellow colors. Each color in the pattern of a large Phoenix.

Chanyeol saw my awed expression and chuckled with his deep voice. "Beautiful, huh?" He said.

I could only nod. He still pulled me along until we reached the door. He stopped infront of it and turned back to face me.

With a cheery smile he said. "Now close your eyes."

I gave him a skeptical look, ad he laughed.

"Just close them."

I hesitantly gave in and closed my eyes. I could feel him give a triumphant smile. I could hear the sound of a loud creaking door, and could faintly hear the chirps of birds. I felt Chanyeol's slender fingers entangle with mine and hiim softly pull me. I felt the sunlight on my kin, we were now outside. Chanyeol's fingers slipped out of my graps, but I heard him chuckle to me, telling me to not open my eyes. I blindly reached out for Chanyeol, he was nowhere around me now.

"Chanyeol?" I called. "Chanyeol where are you? Can I open my eyes?"

"No."   A deep voice answered, I could tell that he was somewhere off to my way right. I pouted, but stayed put. I could hear him shuffling around but I knew I wouldn't be able to just listen my way to him.

"Chanyeol..." I whined.

His deep voiced laughed but I could hear him close to me. I reached to touch him, I could first feel the outline of his shoulders, then his neck, and then his face. My fingers easily entertwined in his curly hair.

"What are you doing?" He giggled. I didn't answer but continued to feel about his face. He pulled my hands from his face and brought his lips near my ear.

"You can open your eyes now." I lowly opened my eyes and inches from my face was an assortment of colors bloomed before me. I stood back so as to get a better look, they were absolutley gorgeous flowers of many colors, patterns, and designs.

"Oh, Chanyeol they're so beautiful!" I took the bouquet delicately in my hands and smiled at him. "Thank you."

He bowed. "Anything for my princess." And sent a playful wink.

That was when I realized where we were standing. We were surrounded by a field of flowers. It seemed like it stretched for miles in every direction.

Chanyeol came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, placing his chin on my head. "You said you have always wanted a flower garden last time you came, so I had this made for you."

I smiled. "Thank you, Chanyeol"

"You can't thank me just yet. Come on." Chanyeol led me somewhere I didn't know, once again. We got farther and farhter away from the castle and I didn't see anything in sight except flowers. It looked like he was leading me in the middle of nowhere.

"Chanyeol?" I questioned. e didn't stop but looked back to face me. "Where are we going?"

His wide grin never left his face nor lessened. "You'll see."

I didn't say anything further because I knew Chanyeol, I've known him for 6 years already. He's always unpredictable but somwhow, it's always worth it. He knew all of my secrets, as did most of the other princes. All 12 of them have been my most trusted, most relieving friends. But the sad thing was, they were never there when I actually needed them. I know it isn't any of their faults, but it's the truth. When I am bullied at school, they aren't there. When I have to live through the daily problems at home, they aren't there.

It saddened me that it was this way, but nothing can change that. A voice inturrupted my thoughts.

"Hyojin?" Chanyeol's amber eyes looked into mine, full of worry. "Are you alright? There are tears in your eyes."

My eyes widened in shock. There was. I quickly wiped them away. "No. I'm alright."

He didn't look convinced at all. His warms hands cupped my face and he held it there. Then in one moment he pulled me into a tight hug. My cheek rested on his broad chest. I let him hold me there. We said nothing, no sound was heard but the whistle of the wind, and my own heartbeat. I was almost sure Chanyeol could hear it. I closed my eyes, letting myself listen to his, but there was none. Then I remember one horrible fact.

Chanyeol had no heartbeat, he was not real.

More tears stained my eyes, but I kept them in. I knew that this was true, I knew that, but I tend to forget when I am here. I wish so desperately for it to not be true. But it is.

Chanyeol pulled me from his chest and looked into my eyes. His smile, reappeared, making him seem to glow.

"Here." He said, moving out of the way what was behind him. A small little fenced off area appeared. It was a small, beautiful white metal fence. In the center was a small mound of dirt, on top was the most vibrant flower I have ever seen. It illuminated the colors of the sun, as if it was from the seed of the sun itself.

Even the stem and leaves that protruded were a bright orange and yellow.

What set me in awe the most was that the flower was surrounded by a light spirit-like air. That was when I realized the flower was on fire. But it didn't appear to be burning to a crisp. Actually the fire only enhanced it's beauty.

I stood in awe. It was absolutely stunning, beautiful. Chanyeol still pulled me along, the closer we got, the warmer it got. We were directly in front of the flower but Chanyeol did not let go of my hand. He then took my hand, placing his palm on the back of my hand, slightly interwining our fingers. He slowly brought our connected hands together, my palm only inches from the petals.

Chanyeol still tried to bring our hands closer to the blazing plant, but I hesitated.

"Don't be afraid, Hyojin." Chanyeol whispered in my ear. I nodded.

I allowed him to bring my hands closer, my hand still twitched in anticipation. Chanyeol's other hand rubbed circles on my shoulder, calming me a little bit more. I closed my eyes so as to not see my hand sizzle to ashes.

Then I felt a smooth, firm surface under my fingertips. I opened my eyes again. My fingers were on the tips of one of the petals. My hand felt a tingle but it didn't hurt. The flower was so plush under my hand.

I smiled. The flower was so real, so perfect. I touched the center of the flower, my hand still intertwined with mine, and the fire of the flower turned a ghostly blue.

"This, also belongs to you." Chanyeol breathed into my ear. I looked up to him in surprise, he was joking right?

"Y-Your joking right? I mean this thing must be so rare!"

"It is." Chanyeol chuckled. "That's why I got it for you."

I leaned my body backwards into his chest, and whispered a small thank you. He kissed the top of my head.

"Anything for the princess." He said. His voice sounded so sweet, like honey.

"This is yours. You may visit it whenever you like." He tugged on my hand again. "Now let's go. It's almost sundown."

I looked to the sky. He was right, the sky was faded to a faded red from the horizon but turned to a soft yellow.

"Let's go then." This time it was me tugging him along back to the castle. He giggled at my sudden authority.

When we reahed the castle we were both going through a fit of giggles from somehting Chanyeol had said, we didn't even notice the small lady that angrily stomped to us.

"Prince Chanyeol! Park Chanyeol! Where have you been?! You know you are not to be alone..." She trailed off the last word, I knew it as because seh took sight of me. Her look of complete puzzlement at Chanyeol turned to disgust of me. The small old lady was no other than Park Gayun. Chanyeol's grandmother and caretaker. She hated me the moment she met me.

She directed her attention back to Chanyeol, but sent a warning glance to me everyonce in awhile.

"Ummmm, P-Prince Chanyeol. What is she doing here?" She stressed the 'she' as if she was choking down venom from .

"Gayun." Chanyeol said. He always called her by her first name, he wasn't actually close with her either. "She is a guest. She is the princess. She is welcome anywhere here."

She seemed to hold in a chuckle, but it turned to something more sinister. I swear she looked like she was about ot lunge when Chanyeol called me princess. "Prince Chanyeol, she is not a princess. She doesn't even belong here! She is an outsider! She should go back to which she came! I don't care how much she thinks she has it rough at home! She should it up and-"

Chanyeol's hand that clasped over mine seemed to clench while she said this. Then I knew he had enough. Her lecture was cut short by the large, ball of fire that barely missed her head. It went and hit the stained glass window of the Phoenix. Making at large gaping hole on one of the wings, it's edges slightly melted.

I looked to Chanyeol in surprise. His teeth clenched and his eyebrows knotted together.

"Don't you dare! Don't you dare tell her that! You have no right!" Chanyeol started to yell again, but I stopped him. I put his face in my hands and shushed him slowly. He complied but would sent glares Gayun's way. Throughout this she seemd completely and utterly calm. It seemed as thought she knew he would try and attack her. Chanyeol usually doesn't miss. I've seen him shoot leaves that fell from the tree. Even with the smallest leaf he got the center of the green plant exactly. He either probably missed on purpose or she moved it to the side herself. She had the same abilities Chanyeol had, probably weaker though. The females of the kingdom always had weaker abilitites than the males. I never have seen her use them, Chanyeol said that she does have them though.

"The sun is setting." She said. Her voice still surprisingly calm.

I looked to the horizon and nodded. It was soon time for me to go.

Chanyeol nodded too, he took my hand in his once again. This time his hand was alot warmer than it should be because he shot fire from it not too long ago. Chanyeol made no move to look at Gayun, he wouldn't acknowledge her. He lead me quietly to my room. I couldn't handle Chanyeol 'The Happy Virus' being mute so I broke the silence.

"I'm sorry."

He stopped and looked at me in disbelief. "For what?"

"You got in trouble with Gayun."

"So what? That was in no way, your fault." Chanyeol squeezed my hand in reassurance. "It was my choice to take you out there. Okay?"

I nodded. We arrived to my room, the atmosphere around us wasn't so akward after that.

Chanyeol kissed the tip of my nose. "Good morning, Princess." He whispered. I smiled a sad smile.

He closed the door behind me.I climbed into the large bed, and fell asleep with a smile on my face. But that smile faded as the last thought came to my mind.

"I'm going to the place I hate most, Home."