Boy, Girl, and a Train Station (Cliche right?)

There's a Place for Us

~NORMAL POV~

It's the perfect day for an out of town escapade.

Donghae mused while waiting for the train at the Gangnam Station.

Too bad that today is not the day for a wonderful excursion. He is out of his crib for the day to make a living. An opportunity like this is a rarity if you will take into consideration that he is a complete neophyte in his chosen field of work. Sure, he is a budding photographer with excellent talent in capturing sceneries and moments but that is only according to his Mom. It's not that he didn't trust his Mother, it's the fact that it is the business of a mother to encourage and lift up his child in everything. What he needs right now is not the approval of his mother but of his Boss.

Donghae recently got a job from a respected Multimedia company. They cater to big clients such as celebrities, politicians and other big time people who seeks top notch quality in their field of offered services. He got the notice for his big break a little bit "last-second-ish". It was last night when he received a call from his Senior that he can't make tomorrow's photoshoot for the wedding of a VIP client because he sprained his ankle, and now he needs to be there as his replacement. He accepted the offer for two specific reasons;

First, as mentioned earlier, this is his big break to showcase his talent in photography.

Secondly, this is the perfect excuse to chicken out from a blind date that his older brother Donghwa arranged for him.

He smiled at the thought of his brother fuming with rage and embarrasment the moment he learns that he is nowhere in Seoul and apparently wouldn't be able to make it to his blind date.

As if the angry Donghwa will show up any minute and drag him away from the train station towards the date venue, he shuddered to himself and uttered, "I have to get away from here quickly!"

And as if on cue, the most awaited train arrived at last. He stood up and is about to pick up his duffel bag when he heard loud bubbles of laughter seemingly errupting from a girl. He looked around and true enough he found a girl a few meters away. She's leaning on a brick column with a guitar bag strapped on her shoulder and she's holding a book up. She stopped laughing by the time Donghae's eyes wandered on the girl's face. He couldn't describe the feeling that came over him when he saw how breathtaking the girl is, her laughing face instantly transformed into seriousness and seconds later her nose scrunched up accompanied by a frown. Time suddenly stopped for Donghae for he didn't realize how long had he been staring at the girl, he was truly captivated with her beauty. For him it's like James Blunt's song "You're Beautiful" started playing on background. She has porcelain skin and every features on her face seems to match with everything else. It is truly exquisite that he doubts even the most skillful sculptor could produce beauty such as hers. He didn't realize how lucky he was at that moment that nobody, even the girl, notices how he was staring. He would undoubtedly appear as a creep if ever anyone notices him.

 

~DONGHAE'S POV~

She looked up and for an instant I panicked thinking she might catch me gawking at her. Yes, ‘gawking’ is the right word to describe what I’ve been doing for the last thousand minutes or so or probably just a few seconds ago. I dunno, maybe time is standing still from the moment I laid my eyes on her up to now, either way time is irrelevant for me at this moment.

It took a lot of my willpower to stop gawking at her when she looked up and registered a surprised look on her face. She immediately closed her book, picked up her white satchel bag on her feet, adjusted the guitar bag strap on her left shoulder and scrambled clumsily towards me. I backed up a few steps while my mind is screaming sending distressed signals to every nerve endings of my body, SHE’S COMING! SHE’S COMING! WHAT DO I DO? THE BEAUTIFUL LADY IS APPROACHING ME! WHAT DO I DO?!

By The moment my brain finally cooperated and started working again I decided to just say a casual greeting. She’s a step away from me when I raised my right hand and was about to say “hey” when she walked past me and my T-shirt sleeve barely brushed her arm. Apparently, she’s on her way to the train door which is just behind me. I don’t know what I wanted to do first, to face-palm myself or run to the nearest post and hide behind it hoping the earth to swallow me alive because of an ‘almost-embarrassment’ feeling that is coursing through my veins right now. But of course rushing to the train door is the only option for me unless I want to miss the train and lose my job.

I scrambled to the door and tried to avoid looking at people’s faces while trying to look for an empty compartment. As much as I wanted to see that girl again I figured this is not the right time because I’m still recovering from that ‘almost-embarrassing’ encounter.

Finally I found one on the tail part of the train. It’s probably the last one that is not occupied yet because I entered the train kind of last-secondish all because of that pretty girl. My head is still muddled up and I’m trying to erase the experience by shaking my head as if everything will be forgotten with a simple shake of my head.

While I was in the middle of putting my duffel bag in the overhead compartment and also while shaking my head still believing that I could erase the awestrucked person that I was a few minutes ago when another thing happened that made my jaw drop for the nth time today. The door to the compartment opened revealing the pretty lady from a while ago. She spotted me looking at her with mouth ajar and arms raised because I was still holding my bag in the overhead compartment. And then she smirked.

She smirked! I can’t believe she smirked at me! I must have looked stupid to her a while ago and of course I look stupid again right now. I immediately closed my mouth and silently debated whether to sit down or bolt out of the door and find another compartment.

And then I heard her voice for the first time. It was fragile, like I don’t dare breathe or else the voice might break.

“Do you mind?”

 

***********************************************************************************************************

Yay! Done with my first ever chapter for my first ever story! Go easy on me please? Still new in this fanfiction writing thingy. Actually I prefer being a reader but then some inner me insists on trying out writing so here's my story! Hope you guys like it! And please excuse any spelling mistakes and grammar errors, english is not my first language. :)

PS. Of course my first story has to be a DARAHAE fic. I'm shipping them BIG TIME! :D