Chapter One

Bubble Gum and Kisses

Chanyeol POV:
"Oppa, can I play with you?" Sora looked up at me with a wide eyed look. I laughed and nodded, ruffling her hair. 
"Of course you can, Sora. Just make sure you hold oppa's hand, okay?" 
Sora beamed. "Okay oppa! I'll do whatever you want me to!"

"Bleh! Chanyeol, you've gotta be kidding me! We have to take her too?"
I gave Baekhyun a warning look as his face scrunched up with distaste. Even though he was the same age as me, 13, he didn't seem to be any more mature than me. (If anything, he was less.)

"Baekhyun, we promised her parents that we'd watch over her while we played." I reminded. He rolled his eyes. 
"Chanyeol, we can't have this little baby following us everywhere we go." he grumbled. Sora pouted and crossed her arms. "YAH! Baekhyun oppa, I'm 10 years old! I'm NOT a baby!" Sora exclaimed. I chuckled as I watched Baekhyun's reaction.

"YAH?! Hey, I'm older than you, you little baby! How dare you say "yah" to me?" he argued, in exactly the same tone. 
"How many times do I have to tell you, I'M NOT A BABY!" Sora yelled, tip-toeing as she said it in his face. Baekhyun made a face. "Aish, you little girl." he flicked the younger girl's forehead. Sora cringed and rubbed her forehead. "YAH! You're not 'ppose to flick people's foreheads. My mom said it was "rude." " Sora made air quotes as she said "rude." 
Baekhyun snorted and did it again. "It's SUPPOSE not 'ppose or whatever you said." he stuck out his tongue immaturely. "And stop saying "yah". THAT'S what's "rude." " Baekhyun immitated Sora's air quotes. Sora sniffed before grabbing my arm.

"This is why I like Chanyeol oppa better. He thinks of me as a girl. Not a baby." she grinned up at me. "Right, oppa?"

I laughed again and pinched her cheek. "Yup! Which is why you and I are going to go get ice cream, without the mean oppa. It'll be just a date with you and me." I winked at her. Sora widened her eyes. "Really?! Yayyy~ Chanyeol oppa and I get to go on a date!" she squealed happily and jumped up and down. I smiled down at her and ruffled her hair, yet again. Baekhyun gave me an "oh please" look. I ignored him and grabbed Sora's hand. "Let's go Sora!"

Sora nodded happily and began to drag me. Despite his attitude, Baekhyun sighed and followed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, why do you take care of her so well?" Baekhyun asked once we had finally taken Sora home. I shrugged and pulled up my hood. 
"She doesn't have any siblings...she must be lonely. Plus, we've known her for so long, it's almost like a given, you know?" I replied blankly. Baekhyun shook his head. "I don't get you, dude. Once we get older, we're all gonna seperate and become different people. We probably won't know each other and you might not ever be able to say "Sora, when we were younger, I took care of you." " Baekhyun muttered pointedly. I rolled my eyes. "Oh please Baekhyun, stop being so negative. Our families have known each other for so long, it's impossible to think that we'll ever be split up. I will be able to say "Sora, when we were younger, I took care of you." Maybe we might even be able to see her get married, for all we know!" I smiled at the thought. Baekhyun gave me a strange look. "Dude, you're so weird. Like, what kind of 13 year old thinks like this about a little baby like her. Do you have a thing for her or something?"
I laughed. "Baekhyun, you need to appreciate her like you appreciate me..."
He cut me off. "Who said I appreciated you." he muttered under his breath. Ignoring his comment, I continued to speak.

"Because we will eventually meet each other in the future whether we like it or not. And I want to be able to face not only her, but you too and say that I was someone who made you guys happy."
Baekhyun scoffed. "Whatever man, you're just being such a sap. Stop watching those K-Dramas with your sister."
I shook my head with a smile. "Just wait Baekhyun, I'm right and you know it. Or at least you will when you grow a bit." I joked, gesturing to his small stature.
Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrow. "Yah! Do you wanna say that again?!" he cried, his face turning red. Sticking out my tongue, I began to jog a bit. "Clearly, you're just as "little girl-like" as Sora is." I tsked. Baekhyun ran after me. 
"At least I'm not being the loser-ish K-Drama actor!" he shot back.
"You wanna go? I'll take you down "little baby." " I laughed. 

Soon, the thoughts of ever splitting up with each other, and with Sora, were immediately lost. And they were never brought up again because we knew that what I had said would be true. We'd always have each other.

That is, until the year after, when Baekhyun told us he was moving to the States.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*7 years later*

I flipped through my textbook blankly as I looked out the library window. 7 years, huh?

Didn't seem all that long ago.

"Yo~what's up oppa?" I heard a familiar voice say next to me. Looking up, I saw the friendly face of Sora as she plopped down across from me, pulling out her books and binders. "Hey! When did you get here?" I asked with a smile.
"Just a few minutes ago. I texted you but I guess you were to indepth with your studies that you didn't notice?" she teased, grabbing a pencil. I blinked and glanced at my phone. 5 texts from Sora alone. 
"Oh...I didn't even notice." I chuckled to myself as I cleared the notification.
"You seemed so focused. What're you even studying?" she asked, curiously. I shook my head. "I don't even know...I actually wasn't really studying." I admitted.
Sora raised an eyebrow. "Then what were you thinking about so deeply?" 
I pressed my lips together. "Baekhyun."
Sora froze for a split second; It was almost as if it didn't happen.
"Oh. Really? Why might that be?" she questioned softly, fiddling with her pencil and messing around with her notes. I shrugged. "Not really sure, honestly. Just thought about how I used to take care of you soooo~~~~ well." I grinned. Sora laughed and rolled her eyes. "Oh come on. Admit that you thought I was obnoxious." she laughed.

I shrugged. "You can believe what you want but I promise that I loved you from the very beginning." I winked at her. She scoffed. "You and your winking...somethings never change." she shook her head with a smile. Suddenly, Sora and my phone vibrated at exactly the same time.
Furrowing her eyebrows, Sora picked up her phone and stared at the screen. I did the same.

"Guess who's back~" We said in unison. Looking up at each other, I squinted.

"No way..."
"That's impossible."
"He couldn't have come-"
"I highly doubt..."

Suddenly, my mom's caller ID popped up on the screen. Hesitantly, I picked up.
"Hello? Umma?"
"Chanyeol-ah! Hurry and come home for dinner as soon as possible! And bring Sora! We're having a gathering! Baekhyun and his family is back!" the words spilled out of quickly before she hung up. I stared at the receiver in awe.

"Well?" Sora asked slowly. 

"He's back."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! There is a back story to his move but that'll be discussed later.

Please subscribe, vote, and comment~! ^_^
And be EXO's lover <3

-heavensmelody-