Dinner For Two

A Day With Choi Junhong

 

“We must get home faster! I can’t let you fall sick because of the snow!” Zelo yelled, biking faster to my when the snow starts to fall heavily. I wrapped my hands on him tightly as he gets on faster to my house. He looks so worry about the snow and my health when the thing is, I am wearing jacket which keep the warm in me while he’s not. He’s the one who should to be care of.

When we approached home, Zelo parked the bicycle at the back of my house and shoved me to go into the house quickly. He lights up the fire into the chimney and let me sit at the sofa near the fire. “This will keep you warm” He said, smiling at me.” He went upstairs and took a thick blanket and put it around me “This to make sure my princess won’t get sick easily during this beautiful weather” He whispered to me. I can’t help but feeling glad that he really took care of me. He is so kind to me all day. I wish to make something for him.

“Junhong” I stood up. “Let me make us a special dinner as a celebration for the first snow today.” I said. I look into him to see his respond. He looked uncomfortable and unwilling to make me do something for him or even move. His shrugged as he look up to me.

“No. Let me cook for you. You must rest.” He said, pushing me back to the sofa. I know that he wants me to enjoy everything that he did, but at least, let me do something as an appreciation for him, right? It’s not like I will fall sick by just baking a lamb pie or grilling steaks. I want him to taste my cooking too. It’s in my “To do with Zelo” list.

“Junhong” I said with a soft, whispering tone, trying to calm him down from his worries. “I’m fine, okay? Don’t worry. You’ve cooked a scrumptious breakfast this morning, so let me do something for you, okay? I won’t make you feel regret.” I said while rubbing his arm to make him understand. He pouted innocently at me. I know he tried really hard to make me rest and do nothing while letting him do everything, but I’m not uncomfortable just like as he is. When I gave a peck on his right cheek, his cheeks turned bright pink, and he finally gave in.

“Uh.. Okay. Just this time, okay?” He simply said, while smiling. He went upstairs while I get started with my cooking. I just hope that he is going to be happy with my cooking just like I did with his surprises today. I just felt so happy that he is willing to do those things with me, even the thing only last for a day. I don’t remember who I was or what I did before all this turned happened, but if this is really a dream, then I hope it will never stop.

 

“Junhong, food is ready!” I yelled, calling him who was still upstairs since before I started cooking. It took me almost 2 hours to cook for dinner, and Junhong didn’t came down when I was cooking. He really keep his words, I thought when I saw him jumping up and down to the dining table.

“Mwoh, these are all for me?? ONLY FOR ME?” Zelo said in amazement. His eyes were widening with the all the food that were served on the table. I didn’t cook anything special though. I cooked spicy beef stew together with grilled fish for main dish and mango pudding for dessert. One of the main factors was that I haven’t shop for weeks so there aren’t many things to cook. It feels kind of embarrassing that I can’t serve anything special for him yet he has made so many wonderful things for me today. Disappointment is dominating myself right now, thinking what is his impression towards my cooking.

“Let’s dig in!” He said eagerly, like a little kid he is, quickly put the hot stew into his mouth when suddenly “OW! IT’S HOT!” He cried.

I hurriedly went to his chair to see what had happened to him. “What happened?” I asked worriedly his teary eyes are looking at me. He looked as if he is going to burst into tears in any seconds.

‘It’s really hot” He explained. “Now it has burned my tongue and I can’t taste ~~~’s tasty food.” He said, disappointment is filling him up. He pouted cutely. “I really want to taste my girlfriend’s cooking.” He said, almost crying. He feels really bad about it.

To avoid his disappointment, I suddenly had an idea. I took a spoonful of the hot stew and slowly blow it to cool down the hotness. “Now Junhong, open your mouth. SAYS AAAA!” I asked him, just like I always did to my brother, back when he was only 4 years old. Now that 4 years old boy has turned into a highschool boy and already owned by a cute girl who is also our neighbor. He is always proud by the fact that he could get a girl despite of his age that is younger than me. I’ve never pissed off, of course, and now that I could feed my idol makes me even better than he is.

Zelo opens his mouth and I shove the food into him. “How is it Junhong? Does it tastes good?” I asked, smiling, wanting to know his opinion on my stew. When I blow on the second spoonful of stew, I noticed that he didn’t reply my question. I look into him and caught him gazing at me. Is it not good? Or is it disgusting of me to blow on the food? He keeps on staring at me sourly, without any words.

 


Another cliff-hanger, I know ^^

Writing this in the very late of night, it's already 1:32 a.m here, sigh

But I wrote this since I can't sleep, and too many ideas came out, so it's a good thing though :)

So then, there are going to be a few chapters left before the ending, so keep reading and subscribing, nee?

Oh and also, I wish for some comments since I want to know if it's good or not... You know, I'm still improving so your comments will help a lot :33

Thank You and till then ^^