Boo! Did I Scare You?

Dream Book.

She had spent all of yesterday and the whole morning preparing for Halloween night to come around. She didn't do anything elaborate or cool, she put out the normal fake limbs outside in the grass and the 'cobwebs' all over her door. She went and bought a couple bags of assorted candy, and then a couple bags of assorted chocolate for her lonely self to spend the night eating. She bought the first costume she grabbed (which ended up being a very short pirate costume for a woman that had actual curves), and by seven she had to get it on and make it not look horrible on her small frame, along with do something with her face and hair. She quickly decided on doing her normal makeup and she left her hair how it naturally was, long and straight. She looked in the mirror, giving a soft shrug to the reflection.

The doorbell rang, and she walked over, opening the door to a little girl and her mother. "Trick or treat!" the little one giggled, and Hyerin couldn't help but smile. She took out a couple pieces of candy and put it into the little girl's bag, and waved as the mom and her child walked off. She let out a sigh, and stretched. Oh right, I can't stretch too much. Otherwise the dress is going to go too far up, she remembered, quickly tugging her outfit down, trying to be a little modest with her body. Just as she was going to go back inside, she heard another person speak.

"Trick or treat!"

She turned to see a little boy this time, with no one else. She looked around, seeing everyone on the other side of the street. Hyerin looked down at the little boy, asking, "Were you with someone when you were walking here?" The little boy nodded. "Can you spot him anywhere?" she continued to ask, the little boy turning around. She could hear him about to cry, so she spoke quickly. "What's the name of the person you were with?"

"I-Ilhoon..." the little boy spoke, and Hyerin nodded.

"Is he on the other side of the street?" she said, the little boy nodding. She sighed, and added, "You stay right here, alright? I'll go find him." The little boy's tears went away, and his face brightened up. She smiled at him before walking down onto the sidewalk, yelling out this stranger's name.

"Yah! Ilhoon! You lost a little boy!" Hyerin yelled out to the other side, feeling as though this Ilhoon guy was probably gone by now. She felt a bit discouraged, but she couldn't just let that little kid walk around by himself. It made her kind of angry. This guy should of been watching carefully. "Ilhoon! There's a little boy looking for you! Aiish, who does this?" She felt a tug at the bottom of her dress, and saw the little boy crying again. "Are you okay?"

"People kept walking up to your house. I didn't want to stay so I came to find you," the little boy whined, sniffling. It just made her angrier.

"Do you know his phone number?" Hyerin asked the little boy who nodded. She let out a sigh, and pulled her phone out. "Can you put his number into this?" The little boy nodded again, putting in numbers. It was an actual phone number, and she put it up to her ear, tapping her foot impatiently. She heard a voice on the other line answer.

"H-Hello?" the voice asked, sounding worried and you could hear them rustling through people.

"Is this Ilhoon?" Hyerin asked, looking around for someone on a phone.

"Yes, can I ask who this is?"

"Nevermind who I am. A little boy came up to my door and was lost. I'm going to guess you're his guardian for the night?" Hyerin practically hissed into the phone, giving the little boy a smile, patting him on the head.

"Y-Yeah. I got shoved into a crowd and before I knew it he was gone. I'm so glad someone found him."

"Aish, well hurry up and come find him. I'm not going anywhere."

"Okay. Thank you so -"

Hyerin hung up, and looked at the little boy. "Ilhoon's coming to get you. While we wait, want to hand out candy with me?" she asked, and like she had seen earlier, he nodded. She took his hand, walking him back up to her house, giving him a bag of candy. "Give each of the people with bags a couple pieces. Once Ilhoon comes, I'll give you some of the candy I saved for myself. Deal?" The boy nodded again. What a cute kid, she thought.

 


It felt like a good hour had passed before Hyerin heard a guy's voice say, "Oh my god, I'm so glad I found you!" She walked outside, seeing a very attractive guy picking up the little kid. She crossed her arms and looked him over, and tried to not smile. The little boy looked over at her, and put an arm out, trying to grab her.

"I'm guessing you're Ilhoon?" Hyerin asked, and the guy looked at her. Oh wow he's a lot cuter than I thought, she thought, feeling her heart skip a beat. He smiled at her, and nodded.

 


He had been looking for him for the longest time before he got a phone call from a random girl saying she found him. When he finally found the house, there was no girl. Well, until he finally said something to his friend's son, and then a girl magically appeared. "I'm guessing you're Ilhoon?" she asked, and all he could do was nod and try not to look like an idiot. Oh my god I swear if you say something stupid Ilhoon, I'm going to hit you, he thought to himself, giving the girl a smile.

"Thank you for calling me when you could, it really means a lot. If my friend found out I lost his kid, he'd kill me," Ilhoon sighed in relief to the unnamed savior in front of him.

"You're welcome. You seem... tired, do you want some water or something?" the girl asked him, and he felt his heart speed up. A pretty girl that saved his life asking him if he wanted water. What else could happen?

"Yes, and could I get your name?" he asked, and the girl just kind of raised her eyebrow and let out a laugh.

"Sure, I'm Hyerin. Nice to meet you, Ilhoon," the girl spoke, walking into the house, looking back at them. "You can come in, you know." 

 


( HAHAHAHAH CLIFF HANGER just kidding but this is where I'm ending it. )