The Studio

Only Tears

"Come on Sunggyu! We'll be late" my manager shouts from the main room as I brush my teeth.  "Combibg" I yell back taking the toothbrush out of my mouth and spit out the toothpaste.  I look at my face in the mirror my small eyes staring back at me "Today is the day" I say to myself 'The day where I let go of my regrets so the world can finally hear them.  So that THEY know how much I miss them.' I dry my mouth and walk out the bathroom and greet my manager.

On the way over to the company recording studio we stop at the red light and I watch the commerical on the big screen.  Sungjong's face pops up advertising for some new hair product for men.  I smile 'Right up Songjongie's lane' I think remembering how he loved using things that made his hair incredibly soft. ' In retrospect his hair was always the softest, I wonder if it still is?'

We finally get to the studio and I am iclined to do all the usual greetings, bowing and saying how I am looking forward to working with everyone and ect. While giving fake smiles, 'Oh well I need them to get my message out' I think to myself my face not showing it.  I step into the recording studio the lights hitting me making me squint a little, but they quickly adjust.  I step over to the music stand where the song is neatly placed, put on the headphones, and hear a voice in my ear saying "Okay Sunggyu let's make this good and please work hard with everyone" I nod at the window and the music starts.

The music comes in softly and I close my eyes picturing each of the members in my head and open my mouth to sing...

"I'm a bad guy that only has a heart" I finish looking at the window tear stains on my face.  I was surprised that they didn't stop me once while singing. 'I guess I did well' I think.  The voice returns in my ear "Very good.  You can come out now" I walk out of the recording booth and look at the people around me.  It looked like the entire staff had been crying or were in complete shock.  Everyone tells me I did well and allows me to leave. 

When we get back in the car my manager looks at me and says "That's the best I've ever heard you sing.  Even from before. What were you thinking of?" I simply smile at him 'If you knew what I was thinking of you wouldn't like it' I thought. 'However, I hope they will know and approve.'