chapter one.

Jin-tta

CHAPTER ONE

Jin found that he was scared about a lot of things.

When he was eighteen, Jin was scared of dying. His mother promised him that he would make it through this. When he was nineteen, Jin was scared of the surgeries. His doctor promised him that everything would be fine. When he was twenty, Jin was scared of going back to school. No one promised him anything. It was silly of him to be scared about going back to school. Jin wasn't afraid of grades or anything, he was naturally smart and managed to learn quickly. But he was frightened by the thought of having classmates. Being alone for two years with only family and nurses to talk too, he wasn't exactly social. All he wanted to do was blend in but it was hard to miss Jin. He was at least two years older then his classmates and managed to tower over everyone.

"Is he retarded?" That was the first comment he recieved when he entered the class.

Jin fiddled with the loose thread on his shirt, hoping that no one noticed how hurt he was. They laughed like they made the funniest joke in the world and pretended like it wasn't a horrible thing to say. Jin pretended like his heart was not affected by their laughter. The teacher coughed and motioned for Jin to sit down somewhere. He walked through the rows and settled down in an empty seat. The door slammed open causing Jin to jump. He turned around and found a purple haired teen walking in. The student appeared to be well known as the other students yelled out cheers at the sight. "Oppa's here!" One exclaimed, quickly moving towards the purple head. Jin couldn't hide his confusion. Was that kid some idol? He was always so busy studying at the hospital that he never had time to catch up on recent trends.

Then the boy turned around and Jin stiffened. The kid was at least a head shorter then him and scrawny with no prominent muscles. His eyes were sharp, almost cat-like. Underneath his eyes were a set of bags that didn't fit with his piercing stare. He looked almost exhausted yet awake. Jin's first thought was that the boy looked so mismatched. With thick lips, a small face, and large ears-he reminded Jin of a cartoon character. The kid wasn't down right beautiful or intimidating but something about him made Jin's eyes lower. He wore the same bland uniform like the rest of the class but something was obviously different. He felt like royalty and things like that made Jin's stomach turn.

"Why are you late?" The teacher asked. The boy smiled and scratched his head. "I woke up late, Teach." Jin tensed up at the informal speech. He expected the teacher to do something. For goodness sake, the man had yelled at Jin five minutes before class started because his own hair was dyed. "Ok. Sit down, Kim Taehyung." Jin's jaw dropped open. He watched as Taehyung nonchalantly found his seat in the back. The kid was definitely royalty.

Taehyung looked up and locked eyes with Jin. His face brightened up and he aggressively waved his hand. Jin quickly turned back to the front and tried to look casual. "Hey! Hey!" Jin scribbled the sentence on the board. "Hey! New student!" The other kids started laughing making Jin's face fluster. That was another thing that bothered him. Taehyung seemed to be one of those boys that attracted attention where ever he went. "YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NEW KID."

The teacher banged his hand on the table. Jin let out a breath of relief. Maybe everything was just in his head. The boy wasn't royalty at all. "Kim Seok Jin! Go outside. You're disrupting the class." His face fell. Jin looked at the teacher for a while and then the other students. They didn't seem confused like him. He reluctantly got up from the table.

"B-But..." He stammered. Jin wanted to sound strong but ended up sounding so weak. It almost made it sound like he was the one at fault. The teacher slammed his palm on the desk and Jin whimpered. He gave up and walked the path of shame out the class. Jin gave one last glance and swore Taehyung was grinning at him. That boy would ruin Jin's last year of school.

 

"How was your first day of school?" Jin answered that question by falling face flat onto the bed. His childhood friend, Jung Hoseok, laughed and patted Jin on the . "Poor Jin-Jin!" He cooed. Jin swatted his hand away from his . He sat up straight and thrased for a moment before stopping. "Hoseok-ah... Do you know a kid named Kim Taehyung?"

Hoseok scratched his head for a while. He snapped his fingers in the air. "Purple haired kid right?" Jin nodded.

"Yeah I tutored him a year ago. The kid is pretty nice. Plus he's super rich and popular according to the rumours I heard." Jin scooted closer to Hoseok and grabbed his shoulders. "I'm not crazy okay but I swear that Taehyung kid is out to get me." With only his index finger, Hoseok pressed Jin's forehead, causing the older male to fall backwards. "It's only been the first day. You're paranoid, hyung."

Jin rubbed his forehead. "Just watch. One day I'm going to end up missing and it's going to be your fault because I warned you about that purple haired ball of psycho but you didn't take me seriously."

"Haha. Then I guess I'll wait for that to happen first."

"I hate you."