제 1 회

[TEMPORARILY DELETED] Family Diary {-ENDING PAGE- Sequel}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The little kids and the rest of the guest sang along the Birthday song.

Everyone seemed so lively and happy, except for the girl with a pink tiara at the centre of everyone in front of the big cake.

She had a frown on her face; her eyes weren’t showing anything but sadness.

The song end and everyone clapped, the little girl stopped staring at the candle with shape of number 6 on top of the cake

“I will be good girl mommy, I want to see my dad please!” she had pleaded her mom back then 1 year ago.

After that day, after they came back from Seoul, and still she was pleading and crying to see her dad, the topic was never mentioned again.

The once bright and cheerful girl was now sad and tired all the time. Krystal felt bad about it of course, who would want to see her daughter or son suffering, and being the reason of it.

It was because of her, because of her cowardice, because she wasn’t strong enough to go back to Seoul at the right time and confess Minho she was pregnant with a child of him, because when she had the chance to tell him he had a child, she once again cowered and didn’t told him.

Now her child, the most important thing to her in the whole world was suffering.

“Make a wish Minjungie!” the kids started to yell. Minjung stayed motionless.

“Baby, make a wish” Krystal held her daughter shoulders and whispered in her ear.

The little girl shook her head before running away back inside the house.

She had made a wish last year, and it didn’t come true, she made one the year before that and it didn’t become true. This year it will be the same, it won’t come true.

All the guests stayed still and confused about what happened “Unnie, cut the cake please.” Krystal told Jessica.

“But Minjung didn’t blow out the candles yet.”

“It’s ok.” Krystal said before excusing herself to the guests and then headed upstairs to her daughter’s room.

“Baby~” she called out softly when she walked inside her daughter’s and then headed to the closet. Minjung would hide there every time she was sad or scared.

She opened the door and found her daughter sitting around the puffed toys and hugging her favorite pink teddy bear, her eyes were closed and her chubby cheeks were wet from the crying.

Krystal made space from in between the toys to sit next to her daughter.

“Why are you crying, uh? Does your belly hurts?” she asked after Minjung laid on her lap.

“Mommy…” the little girl said “You know what my wish for this year was?”

“What is it baby?” Krystal asked even though she already knew what her daughter’s wish was.

“To see my daddy” Krystal caressed her small face and nodded “When will I see my daddy, mommy? I’ve been a good girl, I won’t make my daddy go mad, I will behave, I will eat my veggies and let you comb my hair, I want to see my daddy” another tear rolled down her chubby cheeks and hugged her teddy bear closer, Krystal pull a smile on her face and wiped away her daughter tears.

“Hold on” she said standing up and walked outside the room. A few minutes later she came back holding a big box.

“Come here sweetie” she called her daughter when she sat on the bed. Minjung came out and climbed on the bed next to her mom “Here, this is for you baby.” She said with a sweet smile on her face.

Minjung looked down at the present and then up at her mom “I don’t want anything mommy, I want to see my daddy.” She said with pouting lips.

Krystal shook he head and smiled again “Look baby, why don’t you see the card?” Krystal took the card placed on the box and open it for her daughter.

The 6 years old girl who was still unfamiliar with Korean looked at the sign at the bottom of the card “Daddy?” she could read.

Minjung looked up at her mom with bright eyes and a big smile on her face “My daddy bought this?!” Krystal nodded before her daughter quickly ripped the colorful paper off the present to quickly look inside “Is a princess dress mommy!!” the little kid exclaimed happily.

Krystal smiled, she was happy to see her daughter smiling again. Even though she had to lie, she was sure this was the best for her, for both.

If she meets Minho, what will happen next? He is married and has two kids now; he won’t really care for Minjung.  And even if he did, it will be really painful to see her daughter together with Minho’s family, it’s been years, but she still, she is in love with him.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________

 

 

2000

“WHAT?! You got married?!?!” Krystal yelled shocked when her mother and sister inform her mother had gotten married.

A few days ago her mother had told her she was seeing someone, and now, she came in wearing a white dress holding a man’s arm and told her she got married. She didn’t even knew this man, she only knew he worked at the same place as her older sister.

“Mom!!” she yelled out again, her eyes watered, she was mad and sad. Her mother had done all this without consulting her first “How could you do this?! Without telling me!”

“I’m telling you now” her mom smiled.

“Mom!!!” Krystal yelled once more tapping her feet down on the floor.

“We know how you are, that’s why we didn’t tell you.” Her sister, Jessica, said. Krystal was really stubborn, she didn’t like to lose a fight, she always thought she was right, it would take years for her to accept something, in this case, a new husband for her mom.

Krystal turned her gaze toward her sister “You knew too?” Jessica nodded “Why you didn’t told me?!” again she yelled out, tears already rolling down her cheeks.

Her parents had gotten divorce 3 years ago, she had finally got used to not see her dad everyday like she used to, and now her mom came and tell her she got married.

When she had told her she was seeing another man, Krystal hated it and disapproved it. It was too soon for her to get into a relationship again; Krystal was still hoping her parents could get back together again.

Krystal missed her dad a lot, she loved him so much, she was really close with him at difference of her mom; Jessica was the one closer to her mom that’s why she always took her side in everything.  She wasn’t sure if her sister even missed her father, she seemed really happy with all this.

“We haven’t introduce each other properly” the now husband of her mom finally talked “I’m Choi ChanWoo. Nice to meet you” even though he was the eldest, he greeted Krystal with a formal bow and then offer her a handshake.

Krystal just stood there wiping her tears; she hated to shed tears in front of strangers.

“Soojung, greet him.” Her mom told her “This is my youngest daughter, Soojung.” the man smiled at her still with his hand in front, but Krystal just stared at him.

“So what? Now he is going to live here?” Krystal asked coldly.

“That’s the plan” her mom said, Krystal looked down and started to cry again.

She was feeling betrayed. How could her mother take such important decision without asking her opinion?

“Soojung-ah~ don’t cry” her mother reached out for her hand “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you. I know you would react like this and will oppose. That’s why we didn’t tell you.”

Krystal moved away from her mom and run upstairs.

She wasn’t still ready to see someone else with her mom, to see some other man in her house. Her mom was happy, but she couldn’t be fully happy of her.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________

 

 

After weeks; Krystal was still awkward toward this whole situation.

They all would take sit a night to have dinner, but the whole atmosphere was weird.

They would usually talk about how was everyone’s day, when it was Krystal’s turn to talk she would answer “Good” or “Yes” to everything.

The latest days, a new topic came out: Minho.

“How are the things going on with Minho?” YiHyun, Krystal and Jessica’s mother, asked.

Krystal who was just playing with her food started to feel curiosity about who was Minho. Her mother and Mr. Choi would talk about him a lot.

Since her sister didn’t asked anything, and she was the one who always butted int

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter