Pray

Pray

One week ago, I died. Yeah… I left the world faster that I could imagine. It’s because of that car crash. I left… everyone. I left… Mir.

I died when it was our 3rd year anniversary. I was about to go to his house, but… God wouldn’t let that happen. I died in a car crash on my way to Mir’s house. I regretted that I haven’t apologized to Mir. About me thinking that he cheated on me. I wanted to go to Mir’s house on our anniversary to apologize to him. I just realized that I was a bad boyfriend.

But then… I was late. I left this world earlier. I didn’t expect him to see him visiting my grave, because I did many bad things to him. I could see everything, but everyone can’t see me. My soul is still wandering around.

If I were alive, I would apologize to him. I was a bad person. But he’s too kind…

 

When it was my funeral he cried too hard. I wanted to wipe those tears away… I really wanted to… but I couldn’t. Why… why did you still care about me… I did many bad things… He kneeled down in front my grave I heard all his words.

“Why did you leave me? It’s our 3rd anniversary and you left me alone” I heard him crying.

Mir… you don’t need to remember me. Just leave me… Leave our memories together. I know it’s really hard. In 3 years, we had many wonderful times together. I, myself can’t forget those memories. But you have to… You have to forget about me… you still have some time. I don’t want you to think about our memories again.

I’m sorry that everything has to be like this now.

I saw you, you can’t see me. You can’t touch me, but I can touch you. I really hate to see your sad and pale face.

Can you smile a little bit? Don’t feel sad about my death.

 

He left the grave and went home. I followed him until he reached home. He went into the bathroom and I walked into his bed. I took his cell phone and looked at it. The lock screen and the home screen is still the photo of us together.

Did he forgive me before I apologized to him? I changed the lock screen and home screen picture to a picture of him alone. Then I waited for him to go out from the bathroom. He went out and looked at his phone, he looked a bit confused. He did something on his phone and put it back into his bed then he went outside.

I looked at the phone again… He… changed the picture again… into our picture again.

Mir… do you still love me like before?

I don’t need you to say yes, but I wanted you to know that I want to apologize to you about what did I do wrong. I really love you. But that didn’t mean I want you to remember me forever. You really need to move on. You can’t live like this.

I had no choice… When he slept, he brought my photo in a frame. He hugged the photo tightly and cried in his sleep. I carefully took that photo away and put it back to the table. I didn’t display the photo, it faced down.

He slept without blankets so I put blankets on him. When he woke up, he was surprised that the photo wasn’t on his hand. He searched for it and finally found it on the table. He took the photo and displayed it back again. He kissed the photo

“I miss you” I heard him.

 

I couldn’t control tears on my eyes. Why are you… too kind, Mir…. I treated you badly and you still care about me?

What kind of angel are you… I knew you’re an angel and I’m a monster, a monster which ruined your life.

Because of that, forget me please… You have to live in a peaceful forest where you can breathe freely, not in a dry dessert like me.

 

You walked out again and went somewhere. Of course I followed you. You’re heading to… cemetery again? Why can’t you get tired? You don’t have to be like this, Mir…

I stopped him. He could feel something strange but he couldn’t see me. He kept trying to go, but I blocked him. He looked scared because something just blocked him... and he couldn’t see it.

 

He finally went away from the cemetery and went into a café. In the café he met Dongwoon.

“Mir-ya! How are you?” Dongwoon slapped Mir’s shoulder.

“Not good but not bad” he said.

“Hey, you shouldn’t be like this, man…. Let’s go to a nightclub and have some time with hot girls” Dongwoon said.

Mir slapped his cheek

“Why did you say that?” Mir let out tears.

“I mean… let’s have some and forget bad things” Dongwoon said.

“Sorry… I have Joon” Mir said.

It shocked me, he’s still thinking about me.

“Mir… come on… he’s dead” Dongwoon said.

Mir grabbed his collar

“How dare you to say that?” Mir cried.

“He’s dead, it’s the reality… can’t you just forget him and move on??” Dongwoon said.

“Never. I’ll wait for him” Mir said.

“Are you crazy? There’s no use of waiting for someone who’s dead already…” Dongwoon said.

Mir released his hands from Dongwoon’s collar

“You better go before I punch you until however I want…” Mir threatened and Dongwoon went away.

Mir… why did you do this?

 

Mir went home with eyes welled in tears. He jumped into his bed and crying hard.

“JOON-AH!!! Why did you leave me alone!?  Don’t you know that I love you very much?! It’s killing me slowly… It would be better if I died too… We could be together again, but… You left me alone. JOON-AH! DO YOU HEAR ME?!?!?” he screamed.

Mir… I heard you, I heard your words clearly, but I can’t do anything. Our love isn’t a happy ending. Maybe it’s a sad ending but I really enjoyed spending time with you.

 

He opened the cupboard and took something in it. It was….

“SEE? I still have this ring! This is your present for me. You even gave me a paper in them ‘For my lovely future bride, Bang Cheolyong’ YOU EVEN PROMISED TO MARRY ME! Now….” he threw the rings.

“NOW YOU’RE GONE AND COULDN’T MAKE IT TRUE!!!!” he sobbed.

“MIR! WHAT HAPPENED?” his mom shouted from downstairs.

“NOTHING HAPPENED!” he screamed.

His mom went into Mir’s room and hugged him.

“Mir… why are you crying again?” she asked.

“Umma…” he couldn’t speak clearly because of crying.

“Now get ready for a dinner. Dress up handsomely” she said. “Dinner, with whom?” he asked.

“With my friend and her daughter, Eunmi. I guess that you and her will be a good match” she said.

“Umma, you don’t want me to be happy? Why did you do that for me?” he asked.

“It’s for your life, Mir… You need to think about your future life too, including marriage” she said.

“You know that I really love Joon, right?” Mir said. “But Mir… he’s dead” she replied.

“I know everyone will say that… But mom, it’s better for me to forever not marrying anyone except Joon” he said.

Mir… why did you say that?

“But… don’t you want any children?” her mom asked.

“I’d rather to not having a child than having a child with someone else whom I don’t love” he said.

“Mir…” his mom was speechless.

“I’ll go outside for a while” Mir left, he also took a small bag with him.

 

He went somewhere so I followed him. This way…. I knew this…. He sat on the bench in the park.

This park… is a place where Mir and I have a first kiss. People never go to this park, I don’t know, it’s only Mir and I who have a memory in this park. He took something from his bag, it’s his diary. He put many photos in that diary… 90% of it is our picture together. He always wrote diary every night, I know it…. he put the diary by his side. He took something else from his bad.

A…. small knife??? I was really worried, what is he trying to do? He cut his wrist slowly….

“MIR! NO!” I went to him and showed him my soul.

I stopped him and he saw my soul by his eyes.

“Joon? How… can??” he was shocked.

“I’m just a soul, I won’t show it for a long time… I only have a few minute” I said. “

Joon… I…. Why did you leave me?” he asked.

“Sorry I can’t keep my promise for always being with you forever” I said.

“Why did you die?” he was crying hard, he could hold my hand.

“It’s fate… Mir, sorry… I couldn’t apologize to you. God didn’t let me do that” I said.

“I already forgave you even you didn’t apologize… it’s because I love you” he said.

“But, you need to forget about me” I said.

“HUH? WHY?” he asked.

“We can’t be together…” I said.

“But…” he sobbed.

“I will always pray that someone else can make you happy and erase all of our memories together….” I said.

“Joon... It won’t happen” he said.

“Bye….” I started to fade away.

He held my hands and faced me. He leaned closer and kissed my lips. I miss him, I really miss him… But I need to go… My soul was completely disappeared and my soul wasn’t wandering around again. I should leave him, and slept in peace…

 

Unknown POV

 

I was just walking around. I saw a big house, I knew it’s Mir’s house. He’s a nice neighborhood but since his boyfriend was dead, he changed into a gloomy person. He seldom smiles now, I knew he’s really heartbroken. He only stays home and never going out.

 

I walked into a park. It’s really a quiet place, people don’t like this park because of some ‘horror’ rumor. But it’s a nice and beautiful place actually. I found a book on the bench.

I saw it’s cover ‘MIR’S LIFE’. It’s Mir’s diary? He left it here? I hesitated... should I open it? In the end I opened that diary. It’s full of photos and his story. He’s a cute and innocent man. I saw it page by page.

There are so many photos of him with Joon, his boyfriend. He must love him so much. The diary ends on 18th October 2013…. It’s the day that Joon was dead. And the entry was….

‘It’s the end… My life won’t be the same…’

 

Then I looked at the last page of the diary. There’s something written on it with bloods. I also found a small knife covered by blood. I read the writing…

‘Joonie… You know that I love you… I won’t find someone else. I will forever wait for you’ 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

finally i can update and finish this one-shot.....

i had hard time while writing this because school works kept bothering me.....

i hope you'll like this story....

i apologize if it's still bad.... 

i'll try harder in the next stories....

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE PLEASE^^