Calm before the Storm

Entangled

(Tiffany’s POV)

When I got home, I was still coming to terms with what Jess had told me earlier in the day. I wasn’t too sure how I was going to behave around Taeyeon now that I knew the truth. I had a feeling that things were going to feel awkward.

“Oh! Fany, you’re home… I thought I heard the door,” Taeyeon said as she poked her head out of her room.

Her sudden appearance actually caught me off guard because I wasn’t expecting her to be home before me since she had been coming home late recently because of the project she was working on.

“Ohmigod! You almost gave me a heart attack… You’re home early…?” I said as I clutched my chest.

“Sorry… Yeah, I wasn’t feeling well so the boss man told me to go home early. He doesn’t want me out of commission with deadlines drawing near,” she explained.

In my mind, all I heard was that she wasn’t feeling well. I immediately sprung up to her and placed my hand over her forehead.

“You’re not feeling well? Are you sick? You should rest!” I asked, feeling worried about her. I started pushing her back into her room.

“Fany… Fany… Fany…” she tried to get my attention but I was too distracted trying to get her to rest.

“You shouldn’t be exerting yourself… Come on, get into bed…” I instructed her while I fluffed her pillow, completely ignoring her.

“FANY!” she yelled as she grabbed hold of my face, forcing me to pay attention to her.

Dugeun, dugeun…

Our eyes made contact and I felt a surge of electricity course throughout my body.

“W-W-Wae…?” I asked with a stutter.

“I’m fine, Fany! It’s nothing serious… I just had a headache and felt a little queasy,” she answered.

“No, no… do you remember what happened the last time someone felt queasy?”

“Uhm… she ended up in the hospital?”

“That’s right!” I was, of course, referring to Krystal.

“Don’t be paranoid! I’m feeling much better already… I napped earlier…” she insisted.

“Still… I think you better lie down…” I told her.

She sighed and gave up.

“Can I at least get something to drink first…?”

“What would you like? I’ll get it for you…”

“Fany… is something wrong?”

“No?! Why?”

“You’re acting weird…”

“N-No I’m not… I’m just worried about you…”

“Since when? You’ve totally neglected me recently…”

“Always! I haven’t been neglecting you… You’ve just been too busy hanging out with Krystal…”

“Now, now Fany… don’t blame it on the little one…”

But, it’s the truth!

“Well… I’m making up for it now…”

She laughed.

“Aigoo!” She pinched my cheek. “Don’t have to be so serious, Fany… I was just joking…”

I gave her a nervous laugh back.

“I know… I’m just being truthful… Anyway what would you like to drink?”

“Uhm… tea? Anything warm…”

“Okay, I’ll be right back. Don’t move a muscle!”

I went out to the kitchen to brew her some tea. When I got back, she was passed out on the bed.

I set the tea down on the nightstand and tucked her into her sheets.

Feeling much better… yeah right! I leave for one minute and you’ve already fallen back asleep. You must be tired…

I watched her sleep for a little while before I realized how creepy that was, so I went back to my room.

Come back to me Taeyeonie… I’ll take care of you from now on…


(Krystal’s POV)

I felt a little guilty for hurting Jessie like that but I wanted her to know how I felt when she mentioned breaking up. It was something I never wanted to hear again. I was about to let it slide but then she mentioned having to pretend being Tiffany unni’s girlfriend… I know I had sort of suggested it before but I didn’t really think that she would agree to it. So when she mentioned it, I HATED the idea! I guess I was just being childish but I didn’t want anyone else to have Jessie. She was mine!

“I’m sorry I behaved that way Jessie… I guess it was my turn to be the psycho jealous girlfriend…” I apologized.

“After the countless times I was jealous… you have every right to be… and I was stupid to have let the situation get out of hand...”

We were back in the living room. She was seated on the couch were we had started our conversation and I was lying down with my head on her lap. She brushed my hair gently with her hand. I felt like a little kitten curling up to its owner. I actually liked that feeling; I felt pampered and the warmth from Jessie’s body was just so comforting.

“I can’t lie; I really don’t like the idea of you and Tiffany unni being a couple… even if it was just pretend. Just the thought of you holding her hand is enough to make me go insane!”

“If you don’t want me to do it… I won’t… but I don’t really have any other ideas…”

And neither did I.

“It’s okay… If you can get over me with Taeyeon unni… I can get over you with Tiffany unni…” I told her.

“Right… yes… I’m totally over that…” she said unconvincingly.

“I think we need to set some ground rules! In case things get out of hand again…”

“Agreed…”

“Okay… No pretending when the other party isn’t around… There’s no point!” I said.

“Of course.”

“No improvising! Stick to the plan, no unauthorized changes,” I added.

“Okay…” she agreed guiltily.

“Most importantly, ABSOLUTELY NO KISSING! I can, however, allow hand holding and hugging…” I warned her.

“No kissing for you and Taeyeon either!”

“I would never!”

“I would never either!”

“Good! Because your lips belong to me and me alone!”

“Oh really?” she giggled. “I thought they were mine?”

“Nope. They’re mine…”

“Then you should come get them…” she teased as she planted multiple kisses around my face but avoided my lips.

“Come here…!” I caught her face with my hands and pulled her towards mine, locking our lips together. I gently nibbled on her bottom lip before letting go. “Mine!”

“That’s fine… I got the better end of the deal…” she grinned.

I felt myself blush when she said that, so I covered my face with my hands.

“So when are we officially executing this plan?” I asked still with my face covered.

She pulled my hands down and intertwined her fingers with mine.

“Let’s wait till Friday… I think it’s better for everyone; less stress…”

“Mmmm okay… So what are we going to do till then?”

“Oh, I don’t know... I’m sure we’ll think so something…” she smirked. “Better make these next few days count…”