I - Lost

Monochromatic

“A broken mess, just scattered pieces of who I am, I tried so hard, thought I could do this on my own, I’ve lost so much along the way…”

 

Living in this dorm is extremely annoying sometimes. Especially at 7am when everyone is yelling over who gets to use the bathroom first. Then suddenly three of them came stampeding into the kitchen where I was cooking breakfast. I sighed as I turned around to face them.

 

“Yah Ryeowook ah, is breakfast almost done? I’m dying here!” Heechul whined. Kangin began arguing with him about how he shouldn’t be so rude, whilst Shindong was ransacking the cupboards, looking for something to eat. These hyungs, so annoying in the morning. They’re lucky I have the patience and kindness to cook for them, or else they’d probably either starve to death or kill each other fighting over what little food they could prepare themselves. I served the breakfast onto plates and placed them on the table as everyone began running to the kitchen and snatching the plates. In the scuffle some plates fell to the floor and smashed, food splattering, but no-one even seemed bothered, those who dropped their food trying to steal from the others plates, then pouting and whining when that failed.

 

“Wookie...?” So finally one of them, none other than my boyfriend, had noticed me, standing with my arms folded and a scowl on my face.

 

“Yes Kyuhyun ah?”

 

“Make us some more food, would you? And clean that up when you’ve got time.” That did it. It was rare for me to raise my voice to the members, but just couldn’t stop myself this time.

 

“WHAT? DO YOU THINK I’M YOUR PERSONAL MAID OR SOMETHING? MAKE YOU BREAKFAST, CLEAN UP AFTER YOU! DO IT YOURSELF!” I roared. Everyone gawked at me, shocked at my outburst. And with that, I grabbed my jacket and shoes and stormed out of the front door, slamming it as hard as my skinny arms would allow. I ran down the stairs and out of the building, gasping for breath when I finally made it to my car. I drew as much air as I could into my lungs, and screamed. Until I was calmer, and my throat was beginning to hurt. Manager hyung would surely yell at me for damaging my voice, but I couldn’t care less. I started up the car and pulled out into the street. I wasn’t quite sure where I was going, and that was another thing I didn’t care about. I just had to get away from all this insanity.

 

-----

 

I was speeding down the highway out of Seoul, still having no idea where I was going. I just wanted to drive, not thinking about the members, about my schedule, or anything at all. My phone was switched off and I was peacefully watching the snow falling around my car as I drove. It was late January, 1 week until Kyuhyun’s birthday. I sighed thinking how childish I had been. He didn’t deserve to be yelled at like that, it’s just his personality to be extremely annoying and unhelpful. I would apologize to him later, I decided.

 

I was mentally rehearsing my apology when suddenly the car in front of me skidded across the road and smashed into the car in the lane next to it. My heart fluttered as I watched the scene play out in slow motion. I was 40 feet away from the cars which had stopped in the middle of the road, the drivers getting out and examining the damage. I can stop before I get there, right?  I slammed my foot onto the brake and gripped the steering wheel so tightly my knuckles turned white, but then I hit the patch of ice which the first car had skidded on. I felt my car slide across the road, I couldn’t control it.

 

The next thing I knew, I spun around, hitting the barrier in the middle, and suddenly felt extremely nauseous as my car left the ground and flipped in midair.

 


 

Thank you for reading!

This isn't a great start but it will get better, I promise. The quote at the start of the chapter is from a song, which I was listening to while writing this, and I'll put these at the start of every chapter and I'll make a blog post with a list of all the songs I used. 

Please subscribe and comment! I'll update faster if I get some nice comments! ^^