Unexpected

Love Me Not

Tiffany couldn’t sleep that night.

The woman didn’t say anything to her. She just cried silently without any words coming out of . Tiffany was amazed because the woman could still control her sobs. Unlike the other night when she sobbed loudly, this time Tiffany could only hear the hitched breath and felt the grip on her shirt. The woman was in pain but she got a grip on herself.

The night was getting older but Tiffany still had her eyes wide opened. She stared at the bedroom’s ceiling with the woman slept soundly beside her. Those cold eyes were swollen. The dried tears were visible.

Tiffany was afraid if she slept, the moment she woke up, the woman would disappear to nowhere. She had just disappeared for five days and Tiffany has no idea where the woman was. Neither do Sunny and Yuri, the two friends.

Slowly Tiffany shifted a little so she could see the gorgeous face clearly. Her eyes then caught the scar on the woman’s right arm she had seen earlier. She could see it even more clearly this time. Tiffany was familiar with that scar because she has it too. That night when the woman saved her, when a client abused her, it had left some scars and the woman’s looked so similar with hers. A scar from a deep, long cut.

Was she hurt just like Tiffany?

When Tiffany was about to lose herself from the woman, she felt the woman shifted and held her hand tighter,

“No… Jessica…”

Tiffany frowned.

“Jessica… don’t leave me…”

The woman was calling her own name, again. Tiffany had shrugged the first one because she thinks she had mistaken, she was sleepy at that time. But this time she heard it clearly. The woman called her own name.

Jessica.

It doesn’t make sense at all.

“Woohyun-ah…”

The woman’s hands went to Tiffany’s shirt and she gripped it tight as she pulled the stranger closer. She kept murmuring the two names until Tiffany rubbed her back gently, whispering for her to sleep tight, and hugging her even tighter.

Tiffany muttered a sigh, “What happened to you…”

-

She was completely jobless that day.

She didn’t know what to do. After she left Tiffany, again, early in the morning, she only roamed around the city with no exact destination. She just wanted to refresh her mind. She admits she felt a little lighter after last night crying in Tiffany’s arms. But she still isn’t the type to share. She still doesn’t want to share anything.

Wearing just a plain white shirt, black jeans, and a pair of sneakers, she walked on the pavements with a slightly relaxed mind. She felt good that day. Not that good but at least better than yesterday.

The sun was getting lower and she already had one destination. Her eyes lit up a bit when she saw the building. She quickened her steps and soon arrived in the place. But her small smile soon changed into a frown when she saw someone she knows there.

“Welcome! What do you want to-- Jessica?!”

“You?”

It was Tiffany. She was standing across her in the cashier.

“Wow, you came here?” Tiffany brightly smiled.

“What are you doing here?”

“Me? I’m working, duh.” Tiffany playfully rolled her eyes, “I need some money to find a place for living, right?”

“In this café?”

“Yeah?”

“Since when?”

“Since--”

“Oh hi, Jessica!”

Their conversation was interrupted by the owner of the café.

“You came!” Sunny cheered as she approached Tiffany and the woman, “It’s been a while!”

“Yeah.” She nodded half-heartedly, “Sunny, she works for you?” She asked while pointing at Tiffany.

“Tiffany? Yeah, she works part-time here. What’s with that?”

She only scoffed in finding these two people know each other.

“You know her?” Sunny asked.

“Yeah.” She only nodded.

“So, what do you want to order?” Tiffany asked again, still with the bright smile.

“Uh…” She looked down to her feet, avoiding the beautiful face, “mango juice.”

“Okay… one mango juice it is. Wait a second!” Tiffany walked away from her to prepare the juice.

“So, I’m going to inside first, Sooyeon-ah. You can take a seat first.” Sunny said with a whisper as she made her way back to inside.

She smiled seeing her friend but she didn’t intend to stay longer in this café. She peeked and saw Tiffany was busy with the mango juice. Cute, she thought. Her eyes then roamed the whole café. It was full, mostly high-school kids.

But when she was going to return her gaze to the cashier, she saw someone.

Again, a person she was familiar with.

Her eyes widened. She was more surprised this time. She gripped tightly to the cashier table as her eyes kept staring at that person.

Tiffany came back, “Here you go, a mango juice--”

“Give me two.” She quickly said.

“Eh?”

“Give me two mango juices.” She repeated, eyes didn’t leave the same person.

“You want me to make another one?”

“Yeah.” She nodded.

Tiffany frowned but she obeyed, “Okay, here’s your first one. Wait a second.”

But she couldn’t wait. In a speed of light, she grabbed the big cup of the mango juice and ran to that person, who was standing in front of the café’s front door, eyes staring at the people inside. She didn’t think twice when she approached that little boy.

“H-hi.” She greeted awkwardly, suddenly feeling nervous all over.

The boy seemed surprised but he smiled, “Hello, Auntie.” He bowed cutely.

“W-what are you doing here?” She asked politely, trying her best to control her urges.

“Mm… nothing. Just… yeah.” He grinned.

“Do you… w-want…” She even stuttered, “mango juice?”

She awkwardly extended her mango juice in her right hand’s grip.

“Mango juice? For me, Auntie?”

“Yeah… for you. Here you go, a mango juice.” She nodded, demanding the little boy to take the juice from her hand.

The boy’s eyes lit up, “Thank you, Auntie!” He grabbed the juice with both his hands.

She smiled seeing that. Another true, happy smile she unconsciously formed.

“I’ve wanted this since forever but I don’t have enough money. Taeyeon Noona said I have to save money first but finally I got it from you, Auntie. Thank you very much!” He bowed several times.

“No, it’s nothing.” She unconsciously extended her hands to touch the boy’s shoulders but before she could, she quickly pulled her hands back to her jeans pocket, “G-glad you like it.”

“Hehe… I’ll show it to Taeyeon Noona later.” He stared happily at the mango juice’s cup before finally took a sip of it.

“Taeyeon Noona?”

“Ah,” He answered after he drank a bit of the juice, “my Noona from the orphanage.”

“Oh… I see.” She nodded awkwardly.

“Jessica!”

Both of her and the little boy jerked their heads to the voice, which came from Tiffany. She came from inside the café with another cup of mango juice the woman had ordered earlier.

“This is your other one.” Tiffany gave it to her.

She ignored Tiffany and asked to the boy instead, “Where’s your Noona?”

“Taeyeon Noona? She’s inside that grocery store.” He pointed at a grocery store near the café, “Ah, that’s her!”

Just then a young girl walked out of the grocery store, hands holding some plastic bags. The boy waved his hand to her and the girl named Taeyeon smiled back as she walked toward him. The woman then grabbed the mango juice’s cup from Tiffany’s grip and gave it to the boy,

“This is for your Noona.”

“Oh, really?” The boy was so happy when he grabbed the other cup, “Noona! Taeyeon Noona! Come here!”

Taeyeon hurriedly approached the boy, “I’m walking, okay. What are you doing here anyway? Didn’t I tell you to stay close with me?”

“Noona, this Auntie gave me a mango juice.” He said cheerfully, “And he gave another one for you!”

“What?” Taeyeon frowned, “For you and me?”

“Yes, this Auntie is so kind!” He gave the other mango juice to Taeyeon and the girl grabbed it awkwardly.

“I just…” She opened to speak to the girl but she hesitated, “I just… saw him standing here so I brought mango juices for him and his Noona.”

“Ah, is that so? Thank you very much, Miss.” Taeyeon bowed respectfully, “How much do I need to pay you?”

“N-no! You don’t have to. It’s nothing.”

“Really? Thank you again, Miss. You’re so kind.” The girl grinned happily.

She only smiled.

“So, uh… I think we need to get going. It’s getting late and he hasn’t even changed his uniform.” Taeyeon said, her left hand grabbed the boy’s hand.

“O-okay, then. Yeah, right.” She moved out of the way, “You should go now.”

“Thank you very much for your kindness, Miss.” Taeyeon bowed, “Hey, say thank you to her.” She commanded the boy.

“Thank you, Auntie!” The boy said.

Her heart fluttered seeing that, “N-no… problem.”

Then Taeyeon and the little boy walked away from her and Tiffany. She couldn’t take her eyes off of the boy who was walking away from her. Her lips still formed the exact same happy smile and her eyes were teary so she had to bit her lip to prevent her happy tears. Her fists clenched as she sighed in relieve.

Meanwhile Tiffany was in surprise after she read the boy’s nametag on his uniform.

Jung Woohyun.

****

Don't worry... your questions will be answered soon :)

By the way I think I caught a cold... luckily tomorrow is a day off